Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Detroit Free Press has an awesome article out that shares a lot of behind the scenes info on how the Mach-E came to be. In it they share early design renderings from Ford on what it looked like before they decided to give it the Mustang name. After looking at these I am so glad they made that decision.

The third photo shows all the changes that Ford make to give the Mach-E its Mustang influenced look.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,105 Posts
The Detroit Free Press has an awesome article out that shares a lot of behind the scenes info on how the Mach-E came to be. In it they share early design renderings from Ford on what it looked like before they decided to give it the Mustang name. After looking at these I am so glad they made that decision.

The third photo shows all the changes that Ford make to give the Mach-E its Mustang influenced look.

View attachment 3584 View attachment 3585 View attachment 3586
After seeing this had Ford not made the decision to badge it as a Mustang, it would have been a huge mistake. When a company enters a competitive field it must do so with a 'splash' to be noticed. Had Ford named the MACH E 'Old Sparky' or 'Edison' and given it a generic CUV look it would never have generated the excitement the MMe is bringing 'to the table'.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After seeing this had Ford not made the decision to badge it as a Mustang, it would have been a huge mistake. When a company enters a competitive field it must do so with a 'splash' to be noticed. Had Ford named the MACH E 'Old Sparky' or 'Edison' and given it a generic CUV look it would never have generated the excitement the MMe is bringing 'to the table'.
I agree 100% if this design came out it would just be another crossover hitting the market with a blah name. It would be dead on the water and Ford would be watching the competition fly by. In the overlay photo it shows how much a few small changes can make.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts