Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm an e-mobility blogger from Germany and I follow the development of the Mustang Mach-E already for a while. Now, since the leak of the preliminary information, I started to blog about the car.
I'd like to share my information here with you and I'm excited to discuss the technology of the car with you.

Marcus

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the biggest competitor will be the Tesla Model Y. The Y will have a smaller battery, but probably better efficiency, because Tesla is benchmark here. Charging performance will aslo be better of the Y. But with the Extended Range battery the Mach-E could beat the Y in terms of the range.
What I like of the Mach-E is, that it still has a dashboard in addition to the large center screen, which is obviously inspired by the Model S. The prices of Model Y and Mach-E will be similar (based on the estimated prices for Germany).

Other competitors are the Mercedes EQC and the Jaguar I-Pace. The I-Pace is much more expensive, but offering more power (but significantly lower range and worse charging performance). The EQC also has less range, but of course people buy Mercedes, because it is a Mercedes.

However, on the first glance the Mach-E seems to be a really good BEV. I'm quite excited to drive it the first time.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I agree the Model Y seems to be the main competitor here. Do you think Mercedes & Jaguar EV drivers would actually consider the Mach-E as an alternative?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm quite sure that some will. But Mercedes customers are very conservative and it's hard to thrill them for other brands. Additionally, the Mustang is famous in Germany, but not in the same way like in the US.
But if range, charging performance and price is better and with a more powerful option like the GT, it could be, yes.

But more likely is, that Mercedes or Jaguar customers buy the Mustang which did not own an EV before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the last may be 10 years the image of american sports cars here in Germany changed significantly. Now everybody knows that they have a great value for money ratio, by probably beeing not that over engineered like german cars. But: Where else to get a V8 engine with great sound for relatively low price. That's the reason why almost all Mustangs here in Germany are V8. Mustang has a much cooler image than Ford (especially Ford Europe, which offers different cars than Ford US).

When I was in the US two years ago I also had a Mustang Convertible for rent, but unfortunately only the 4 cylinder (V8 was much more expensive to rent). But it was a great car. Not that perfect as a Mercedes E class convertible, but for that price it was perfect.

·
Registered
748 Posts
In the last may be 10 years the image of american sports cars here in Germany changed significantly. Now everybody knows that they have a great value for money ratio, by probably beeing not that over engineered like german cars. But: Where else to get a V8 engine with great sound for relatively low price. That's the reason why almost all Mustangs here in Germany are V8. Mustang has a much cooler image than Ford (especially Ford Europe, which offers different cars than Ford US).

When I was in the US two years ago I also had a Mustang Convertible for rent, but unfortunately only the 4 cylinder (V8 was much more expensive to rent). But it was a great car. Not that perfect as a Mercedes E class convertible, but for that price it was perfect.
View attachment 239
That's really cool that most of the Mustangs in Germany are V8s and that Germnas are getting behind it. Especially since there's a spoil of riches when it comes to performance cars in Germany.

And there's definitely a big difference between Ford Europe and Ford US haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts