Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. After going to the Atlanta Auto Show this past weekend, having done an extended (overnight) test drive of the KIA Niro EV the weekend prior, and comparing the cost of a Tesla Model 3, I bit the bullet this evening and made a reservation for the Mach-E. Date: 03/03/2020. Res ID number: 100450XX. Rapid Red, Light Space Gray, Extended Range Battery RWD. Not 100% sure about the light interior, but I used to have a 2015 KIA Optima SXL with light gray leather and I really loved it. Hope to make a few Mach-E mates.

·
Super Moderator
991 Posts
Welcome to the club, @peterjh3 !

What was the main reason you chose to reserve the Mach E over the others?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was styling: the Niro EV just doesn’t say ‘future’ to me, despite its decent feature set. I honestly couldn’t see myself in that car long term. The interior of the Mach-E calls to me like Aztec gold (ahem, Pirates).
It was also price and incentive: Tesla is the leader in EV sales, but the federal rebate ended for them. Still, the features that the Mach-E is slated to offer is a close second in my opinion to Tesla’s technology.
Availability played a small part: the Hyundai Kona is only sold in certain states at the moment.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome

Good thing you reserved a Mach-E right before the books closed because being the first EV like this from Ford, who knows how long we'll be waiting for more. It isn't always a smooth process. Something battery supply issues get in the way.

Have you started planning out what first things you want to do (ex. paint protection, accessories, etc.)?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome

Have you started planning out what first things you want to do (ex. paint protection, accessories, etc.)?
That’s a good question and always something I plan for every car I’ve gotten in the past but have rarely seen through.

With this vehicle, my to-do list would be:
  • clear bra for the whole front and side mirrors
  • front windows tinted to blend in with the rear windows if they are already tinted from the factory (which I can’t stand, truth be told)
  • get a nice wiping cloth for the 15” center touchscreen
  • make some sort of base to keep a small dog crate stable in the rear lifegate area of the car for the few times it may be brought on a trip (unless I can persuade my other half to not let the Frenchie ever into it in the first place, but that’s a stretch bc this is my life)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts