Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 mache gt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next day miracle happened. It disappeared. I guess when it cool down it will clear up. I try to contact dealership and they don’t have any appointments for 2 weeks. That’s sucks.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Select AWD | Iconic Silver
177 Posts
I just got this same warning, anyone know what do to other than take to the dealership?
You likely know this already, but there's a piece of hardware that was installed in almost all Mach-Es sold in the USA & Europe prior to those built after June 1 2022, that was found to be faulty and/or "not up to specs", its the High Voltage Battery Junction Box (HVBJB). It may eventually fail in almost all cars in the coming years. The more powerful the trim (e.g GT), and more often you floor it, or DCFC charge it, which higher levels of electricity flowing through the HVBJB, the more likely it will fail sooner. To reduce the danger and drama that can happen when it suddenly fails and maybe delay the day when it will fail, Ford built a piece of software (recall patch) that will reduce the power if it notices the contactors in the HVBJB are too hot/resistance increases (thus could fuse and fail very soon). When the software senses an impending failure it will send alerts to your display which you are now seeing. If those are ignored eventually the alerts are more impactful, they usually say "Service Vehicle Soon" (SVS) and at that point permanently reduce the power to like only 30% which permits you to travel to the dealership if not too far away, and then soon when the hardware part actually fails, the car alerts you with a "Stop Safely Now" (SSN) alert which likely means the next time you turn off your Mach-E it will not turn on again, becomes a "brick" and must be towed to the dealership. A brand new handful of more Mach-Es in the US likely have this experience every day and head to the dealership. This leads more and more dealerships to become more aware of the issue, procure the proper tools and training to drop the big battery out of the car and do surgery on it.

If you do have this issue, and your dealership is not responding with proper urgency, then call Ford and talk the the BEV team and get a case started. They will reach out to the dealership and advocate on your behalf and things tend to start happening more quickly when that happens.

Important Phone Numbers:

Ford Roadside Assistance (to get towed):
(800) 241-3673

Ford BEV team customer support, these folks are super helpful (to get a "case" started):
(800) 392-3673 - USA
(800) 565-3673 - Canada

Ford Motor Company USA
(800) 392-3673

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mach E premium has been in the shop since August 25th for this problem. When it became obvious that the dealership was not responding with the proper urgency I called Ford in Detroit and the lady was very responsive. I still don't have my car but they gave me a brand new $66,000 Ford F-150 to the drive until it's fixed.
(And told me to send the the gas receipts.)
I wish the dealer would get their act together. I miss my Mustang.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mach E premium has been in the shop since August 25th for this problem. When it became obvious that the dealership was not responding with the proper urgency I called Ford in Detroit and the lady was very responsive. I still don't have my car but they gave me a brand new $66,000 Ford F-150 to the drive until it's fixed.
When mine was in the shop, they gave me a Lightning to drive, so didn’t mind too much!

·
Registered
Late 2021 Iconic Silver Premium eAWD
68 Posts
[I wish the dealer would get their act together.] Me Too!!
[I miss my Mustang.] Me Too!!

·
Registered
Late 2021 Iconic Silver Premium eAWD
68 Posts
Wish Ford would replace that module on every affected vehicle…paid all this money for a BEV and I’m driving around in it with a software patch to keep the hardware defect from surfacing. SMH.

·
Super Moderator
3,068 Posts
Wish Ford would replace that module on every affected vehicle…paid all this money for a BEV and I’m driving around in it with a software patch to keep the hardware defect from surfacing. SMH.
True, it may yet come to replacing all units.

Replacement is a labor-intensive process. Having to drain the cooling system, dropping and opening the battery to replace the unit (which may have an availability issue due to the semiconductor market). Then resealing the battery and checking for leaks, reassembling everything, refilling and testing the cooling system.

We could be talking 1-2 days per car, not hours. A logistics nightmare for 43k vehicles. The software patch may be a delay/mechanism to prevent the repair stream from getting overwhelmed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts