Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered First Edition MME in Rapid Red
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Hudson Valley of New York and our utility company is Central Hudson. They announced a home EV charging package that seems like a great option. It's called the Smart Charge Program. They offer two JuiceBox chargers with an instant $450 rebate. So effectively you can get one for as little as $165. I'm assuming that other utilities across the country either have or are planning to have something like this. I'm going to sign up and I think it's worth looking into for other folks. And no, I don't work for Central Hudson or JuiceBox! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
872 Posts
I live in the Hudson Valley of New York and our utility company is Central Hudson. They announced a home EV charging package that seems like a great option. It's called the Smart Charge Program. They offer two JuiceBox chargers with an instant $450 rebate. So effectively you can get one for as little as $165. I'm assuming that other utilities across the country either have or are planning to have something like this. I'm going to sign up and I think it's worth looking into for other folks. And no, I don't work for Central Hudson or JuiceBox! :ROFLMAO:
We have the same thing here on Long Island with PSEG, $500 rebate: From the website:

PURCHASE and install one of the following qualified “network enabled” Electric Vehicle Charging devices:

see: Smart Charger Rebate - PSEG Long Island

If you use the above charges between 11 PM and 5 AM the rate per KWH is $.05 less.

What is interesting to me is that neither the Tesla nor the Ford MachE Level 2 chargers that come with the car are included in the rebate program.

I assume you could buy one on the above chargers have it installed, get the rebate and then either:

• Keep the Tesla/Ford charger in your trunk for when you travel
  • Sell it on EBay!

·
Registered
50 Posts
We have something similar here from Consumers Energy. However, they dont sell the charger, you provide proof of registration of an EV and the installation of a charger at your address (your choice of which charger) and they give you a $500 rebate.

Additionally, you can sign up for the EV rate plan and if you charge 11p - 2p the rate is $.09/Kwh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts