Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

Honda Electric SUV vs Mustang Mach-E

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Maric 
#1 ·
It was revealed in China today in as the SUV e:concept and looks ready to rival the Mustang Mach-E, along with other sporty electric SUV's. Honda wouldn't say much but chances are China will be one of the key initial launch markets. I don't see why the U.S. wouldn't be one too.

What does everyone think?

Honda:
"Honda SUV e:concept is a concept model which indicates the direction of a future mass-production model of the Honda brand?s first EV to be introduced in China.

Honda is striving to develop a mass-production EV model which will offer a value based on mobility experiences that remain fresh and FUN for customers. To this end, the new EV model will be equipped with omnidirectional ADAS, the next-generation Honda SENSING safety and driver-assistive system with improved recognition, predication and decision-making performance, as well as the next-generation Honda CONNECT, which features an AI assistant interface, smartphone link and wireless updates made possible by advanced connectivity."

See less See more
#2 ·
Honda has always been known as producing sturdy reliable consumer vehicles. While, this eConcept has a nice funky look, I do not see it as a competitor. Also, by the time it is mass produced, Ford should be ready for its second generation CUV among several other line ups AND other manufacturer competitors. That said, there is a consumer for all the different tastes of available cars.

#5 ·
This is just one of those concepts that aren't about a single production vehicle, but a very high level view of features to come. The end product will be a MME/Nissan Ariya/Volkswagen ID.4/etc. type of vehicle. There's not much else different they can do.

#7 · (Edited)
I own my first and likely my last Honda (a hand-me-down from the grandparents to my son). They are so common that I've driven a dozens of them though. Different models from Civics to high end Acuras. About the only Honda I've not driven is the NSX.
IMO they all suck. At some point just about their entire fleet went FWD. The driving dynamics are just awful across the board. Keep in mind that all their AWD vehicles are are actually FWD and only send power to the rears when sensing slip. I understand that I'm the oddball since they seem to be so popular. I don't care how reliable they are. Most cars are pretty darned reliable these days. A car I enjoy driving that's in the shop for unscheduled repair for a couple of days a year sucks for those couple of days. A car I don't enjoy driving sucks every day of the year.
That all said... I was pleasantly surprised when VW went RWD with the ID.4. Could Honda follow?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

#8 ·
My son is now on his fourth Honda, a Pilot and before that three Accords.

He usually puts between 40K and 50K over a three year lease.

He has had no costs other than oil and filter changes. Even the tires lasted the lease term.

He is absolutely sold on Hondas.

Before getting the Accord's he and his wife both test drove the Camry. As compared to the Toyota the Accord felt like a "sports car". I drove both and agree.

I previously owned two MDX's and loved both of them. The AWD, FWD biased in the snow was the best car I have ever driven. I had at least three or four trips to Vermont in blizzard conditions, while other cars pulled off, I had no trouble in the MDX. In the road was open I got through. I also installed a trailer hitch and moved my kids to Hanover, New Haven, Philadelphia and Washington DC all towing a UHaul behind and my 23 sailboat as well. No problems and no maintenance other than oil and filter changes.

Just my and my families experience.

We love Hondas!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.