Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

How can you customize the instrument cluster on mach e?

19K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  kcm1953 
#1 ·
I don't like the idea that you often need to look at the center screen while driving
I'm little disappointed that mach e don't have an option to add hud.
So does anyone know how much info can the 10 inch instrument screen show? Beside basic speed/rpm/battery, can it show the navigation map or navigation direction? How about media info? And maybe status of driving assistance system?

#3 ·
It shows proximity alerts (ex. car to the left rear) and the functions of various autonomy systems.
there is also the standard array of indicator icons (lights on, tire pressure low, vehicle on, service soon, etc). These persist after you have dismissed the pop-up alerts.
For me a HUD is one of those items that is not a necessity. And sometimes can be distracting, messing with my focal-point. But that’s my preference.

#14 ·
So when I had the demo, they had it display in the center screen the miles per kwh that I was averaging as I drive, I got my car yesterday, I can't figure out how to get that to display, I couldn't find it in the manual but I'm pretty overwhelmed with all the other things I'm trying to figure out so I easily could've overlooked.

#15 ·
I don't have my Mach E, so I'm book learning what stuff is supposed to do.

One thing I can't figure out is what the small screen just above the steering column does (in Yellow below).

Can anyone tell me what titillating happenings are born here?

Also, is there a difference between P and N? Both seem to lock the wheels.

Jim

#19 ·
P is for PARK.
The N is indeed neutral, but there are additional automatic precautions the car uses to prevent it from rolling, such as AUTO HOLD. To actually put the car in neutral where it is free to roll takes both the selector in N and the center L button needs to be pushed. This will work for 30 min, such as in an automatic car wash. Do not use this for towing, there is a special procedure for that.
Here is the owners manual instructions for Temporary Neutral Mode:
ENTERING TEMPORARY NEUTRAL MODE

1. Power your vehicle on.
  1. Bring your vehicle to a complete stop.
  1. Press and hold the brake pedal.
  1. Shift into neutral (N).
Note: An instructional message appears.
  1. Press the low (L) button.
Note: A confirmation message appears when your vehicle enters the mode.
  1. Release the brake pedal.
Note: Your vehicle is free to roll.
  1. Switch your vehicle off.
Note: Do not tow your vehicle in this mode.
Note: The neutral (N) indicator on the transmission selector may flash in this mode.

#25 ·
I agree, the instrument cluster leaves me wanting. I had a second gen Volt and the gauges on that were great. Could show a bunch of different stuff, the best being the real time wattage in/out of the batteries. Not sure why we can't see that stuff on the MME.

#27 ·
Yes, Audi has some great display customization available on their newer models.
The 2 displays we have in our Mach E will allow improvements in that area, with as the software is upgraded. The question I have is whether Ford will honor their promise to distribute updated software via OTA as the development of this car progresses, or whether they will revert to the their old school method of no updates for previous model years.
I'm cautiously optimistic that they will do the right thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.