Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
P is for PARK.
The N is indeed neutral, but there are additional automatic precautions the car uses to prevent it from rolling, such as AUTO HOLD. To actually put the car in neutral where it is free to roll takes both the selector in N and the center L button needs to be pushed. This will work for 30 min, such as in an automatic car wash. Do not use this for towing, there is a special procedure for that.
Here is the owners manual instructions for Temporary Neutral Mode:
ENTERING TEMPORARY NEUTRAL MODE

1. Power your vehicle on.

1. Bring your vehicle to a complete stop.

1. Press and hold the brake pedal.

1. Shift into neutral (N).
Note: An instructional message appears.
  1. Press the low (L) button.
Note: A confirmation message appears when your vehicle enters the mode.
  1. Release the brake pedal.
Note: Your vehicle is free to roll.
  1. Switch your vehicle off.
Note: Do not tow your vehicle in this mode.
Note: The neutral (N) indicator on the transmission selector may flash in this mode.
This is very helpful. I thought I only had to put in Nuetral.

Tesla introduced a software update and now has a feature called Car Wash - Where it does this, it turns of auto Wipers, turns off sentry mode and many other things to go thru a car wash.

With cars like ours, it is easy for manufacturers to do it.

Reactions: 6587
Which vehicles in the current market allows for customization of instrument cluster?
Check out the virtual cockpit display in front of the driver on the Audi RS3. There is a HUGE amount of information that can be displayed there by allowing you to customize both your choice of information and the position of that information. Controlled from buttons on left side of steering wheel. All for about the same price as the MME GT. It just shows what can be done if you throw a little technology at a car. You can use google to find a link if you are interested.

Check out the virtual cockpit display in front of the driver on the Audi RS3. There is a HUGE amount of information that can be displayed there by allowing you to customize both your choice of information and the position of that information. Controlled from buttons on left side of steering wheel. All for about the same price as the MME GT. It just shows what can be done if you throw a little technology at a car. You can use google to find a link if you are interested.
Exactly, this is not a regular feature available in several vehicle makes/models yet. I would say its a nice to have feature rather than a missing feature.

I agree, the instrument cluster leaves me wanting. I had a second gen Volt and the gauges on that were great. Could show a bunch of different stuff, the best being the real time wattage in/out of the batteries. Not sure why we can't see that stuff on the MME.

Yes, Audi has some great display customization available on their newer models.
The 2 displays we have in our Mach E will allow improvements in that area, with as the software is upgraded. The question I have is whether Ford will honor their promise to distribute updated software via OTA as the development of this car progresses, or whether they will revert to the their old school method of no updates for previous model years.
I'm cautiously optimistic that they will do the right thing.

I don't like the idea that you often need to look at the center screen while driving
I'm little disappointed that mach e don't have an option to add hud.
So does anyone know how much info can the 10 inch instrument screen show? Beside basic speed/rpm/battery, can it show the navigation map or navigation direction? How about media info? And maybe status of driving assistance system?
I’m interested in the rpm metric. What is being measured? The rpm of the wheels?😜

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.