Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
How long from in production to built? Mine's been "In Production" for 3 days now.
Sorry, I thought you were asking me. I'll let Brian answer this. Unless I'm mistaken, the next step is loading the cars into train cars, not trucks. Once in the United States they are unloaded at railroad hubs (Kansas City) and then either put on another train or trucked to their final destinations.

·
Registered
2021 MME4X Premium, Rapid Red
32 Posts
I was guessing 3-4 including quality checks, once yours moved to built I'm sure it's done and ready to load on a truck. Thanks for the info, I guess Brian answered 2-3 days. I'm running out of time so I'm getting nervous.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How long from in production to built? Mine's been "In Production" for 3 days now.
Mine went in production on 5/24 and built 5/27. The Ford Tracker site is still showing an estimated delivery between 7/16 and 7-23 but the transit time is 32 days. I'm just guessing an arrival to the dealership around the 28th of June which is a Monday.

·
Registered
30 Posts
this is what it wil look like View attachment 5623
Nice, I just checked and it says destination Kansas city, and then NULL. It's probably just waiting on transport by train at this point.

Side note, my wife who at first was very weary of owning an Electric car came up with the perfect name for our soon to be new car. "Electra" after Carmen Electra of MTV and the ex wife of Dennis Rodman. Might sound stupid but our high school days were mid 90s. Lol.

·
Registered
2021 MME4X Premium, Rapid Red
32 Posts
Mine went in production on 5/24 and built 5/27. The Ford Tracker site is still showing an estimated delivery between 7/16 and 7-23 but the transit time is 32 days. I'm just guessing an arrival to the dealership around the 28th of June which is a Monday.
Today was 3 days so hopefully tomorrow mine says built. I can't use Ford Tracker cause I didn't get a VIn or email from Ford.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Today was 3 days so hopefully tomorrow mine says built. I can't use Ford Tracker cause I didn't get a VIn or email from Ford.
Yeah there is no rhyme or reason with any of this but my guess is yours like mine finished being built this week and is on the next train out of Mexico early next week. Who knows, maybe they are sitting right next to each other right now!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Nice, I just checked and it says destination Kansas city, and then NULL. It's probably just waiting on transport by train at this point.

Side note, my wife who at first was very weary of owning an Electric car came up with the perfect name for our soon to be new car. "Electra" after Carmen Electra of MTV and the ex wife of Dennis Rodman. Might sound stupid but our high school days were mid 90s. Lol.
I'm not sure I mentioned but you'll probably have two different truck trips for your car. The first will be from KC (where it arrives by rail from mexico), the first truck trip will be short, to the railhead depending on final destination for me it went to birmingham MO to the Voltz platform which services trains to Atlanta. Then when the train arrived in atlanta, the truck took it to the dealer which was a 100 mile trip. Transit times from when shipped seem to be around 30-35 days. As I mentioned mine came a week early and transit time was only 29 days

·
Registered
109 Posts
Tell your wife I like the name you picked for your new car. High school in the nineties? Man you are youngsters or I'm really old! My wife and I went to high school in the sixties and I graduated in 1967 and she graduated in 1968. I guess we're really old and you are youngsters compared to us.:ROFLMAO: I named my car a derivative of the Fighting Illini again and that's Illinipony. My first car I named was my 2002 Thunderbird so it's name (and my handle) was Illinibird. I had her from 2002 until 2013 and Sue and I had a blast with her. Illinipony will be our daily drive and he won't have the same life as Illinibird as she was a garage Queen supreme.

Below is Illinibird at a Standard Oil Station along Historic Route 66 in Odell Illinois.
DXgat0mRSm6GxDg7OGvnCg_thumb_2e19.jpg

Illinipony.jpg

Above is Illinipony at Ron Tirapelli Ford when I took delivery of him on April 15, 2021.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Those are some great photos! Well we feel old I was class of 95 she was 97 same high school but never knew each other until about 7 years ago lol. She knew my younger brother. I have been to that standard oil station too. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
109 Posts
Those are some great photos! Well we feel old I was class of 95 she was 97 same high school but never knew each other until about 7 years ago lol. She knew my younger brother. I have been to that standard oil station too. Thanks for sharing
Brian - I met Susan in typing class in 1966; she was a junior and I was a senior. We have known each other 54 years and celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary last June. I have many photos along the Illinois portion of Route 66 as we took drives all along it from Chicago to St. Louis.

Below is a picture of Susan and me at the Ford Wixom Assembly Plant standing at the end of the line where our Thunderbirds were started up for the first time and driven out the door (photo taken around 2003). It's too bad our Mustang Mach E's are made in Mexico as maybe we could get tours of that plant as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's great! Hopefully in coming years the future Mach E models will be made in the States. Would love to do a tour of a plant someday

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm part of the confusion where my scheduled build date got changed to a date before I ordered. But mine also changed my build status In Production. Anybody else like this?
Yes -- happened to me. My date (during the anticipated production week) went into the future 6 months. Then went backwards 6 months to the same date you showed -- Jan 24. Then suddenly the Ford website showed produced and it had a VIN. I plugged my VIN into the PalsApp website and the Fordtracker.tech website and got a lot of detail.

I guess my car was built last week on Friday and is on the way to me somewhere. I assume after a week on a train northbound from Mexico DF, it's in the US by now. Unless customs and border want to hold it up for a week or more.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Carmen? I thought for sure you had in mind the Buick Electra, or perhaps Mourning Becomes Electra. Carmen never even occurred to me.

She was pretty, though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Man you are youngsters or I'm really old! My wife and I went to high school in the sixties and I graduated in 1967 and she graduated in 1968. I guess we're really old and you are youngsters compared to us.
Yes, of course you're old. You're just figuring that out now? I'm glad you at least got your Mustang before your kids were forced to confiscate your license and car keys!

Now that I think of it, though, I'm not that far behind you...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just received an email from Ford, estimated delivery date has slipped 3 weeks to the first week in August. Build date was 31 May.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts