Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
I exited my ME one time with the FOB forgetting to turn it off. The horn beeped to remind me but also would not let me lock the vehicle. Perhaps you can lock it from the Ford Pass app. I haven’t tried it.
are you sure? If you walk away from the car with it running, I assumed the double beep triggered to tell you it was locking but motor was on, I do note the the mirrors don't fold however. But if you have the fob, it would have to lock. I need to try this next time as I leave it running frequently .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Aloha hitchhiker,

Well, 30 minutes into my test, my MME shutdown just as you reported. @Space White MachE I think that the evidence is clear. 30 minutes with the key inside and 15 minutes with remote start. I would still recommend that you do some additional research to confirm that my report on my test is accurate. The MME is a great car; I'm sure that you would really enjoy it if you were to bring the one that you ordered home! Maybe consider getting a plug-in ice chest to keep your groceries cold. Best wishes for your pending decision!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for taking your time to check that out, Pote. Frankly, as with others responding, my concern is more about my pooch than my groceries, and I don't want to put her into an ice-chest :).

I think your test made it clear how the MME works when just left on when the driver walks away, or when using the autostart. But for extended, unattended run time it seems to be a different user interface.

So far, responses from others with this issue suggest that there are ways to extend the run time (perhaps until the battery runs out !) by changing something in the settings. I'm hoping to hear back regarding the details for changing this setting. If it works, that will solidify my acceptance of the MME when it arrives.

Thanks again for offering your assistance on this question!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Looking at page 148 of the manual it says once you start the car (with the start button) it will remain on until you press the start button to shut down.
Hi Zvez. re: your comments about the manual stating the car will stay "on" until you hit the "shutdown" button, I think the manual is only saying that the car remains "on" the entire time you are in it and driving. But all bets are off once you exit the vehicle and the "auto" shutdowns start to kick in. That's what I need to circumvent, because I need to car to remain on, and locked, even when I'm away for long periods of time. Sometimes these are planned events, but sometimes they are related to emergencies when we have to leave the vehicle unattended, but "running with a/c" to keep the dog comfortable.

·
Registered
2021 ME FE Grabber Blue
166 Posts
are you sure? If you walk away from the car with it running, I assumed the double beep triggered to tell you it was locking but motor was on, I do note the the mirrors don't fold however. But if you have the fob, it would have to lock. I need to try this next time as I leave it running frequently .
Now I’m not sure. The mirrors didn’t fold so I assumed it didn’t lock. Need to check it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Now I’m not sure. The mirrors didn’t fold so I assumed it didn’t lock. Need to check it out. Thanks!
Yeah next time I get ready to go someplace I'm going to give it a try.

·
Registered
2021 MME, FE, 4X, Carbonized Gray Matallic
223 Posts
Thanks for taking your time to check that out, Pote. Frankly, as with others responding, my concern is more about my pooch than my groceries, and I don't want to put her into an ice-chest :).

I think your test made it clear how the MME works when just left on when the driver walks away, or when using the autostart. But for extended, unattended run time it seems to be a different user interface.

So far, responses from others with this issue suggest that there are ways to extend the run time (perhaps until the battery runs out !) by changing something in the settings. I'm hoping to hear back regarding the details for changing this setting. If it works, that will solidify my acceptance of the MME when it arrives.

Thanks again for offering your assistance on this question!
Aloha, you also might want to go to the thread "Ford Motor Company Has Entered the Chat and send Ford a direct message asking them about "pet mode". I would think that Ford could send an OTA to add a pet friendly mode to their vegan MME! They'll also match what Tesla is apparently already doing. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Aloha, you also might want to go to the thread "Ford Motor Company Has Entered the Chat and send Ford a direct message asking them about "pet mode". I would think that Ford could send an OTA to add a pet friendly mode to their vegan MME! They'll also match what Tesla is apparently already doing. Good luck!
Good, constructive suggestion. And pet people need to know the vehicle can accommodate this "requirement." And, as you say, it helps make them appear to be more competitive with Tesla and others. If I can figure out how to send that, I will. I'm new to this site.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The setting in question is "Vehicle power down timer", which is the first item under Settings -> Vehicle. Yes, it works, but you do need to remember to disable it each time you need it. The doors will not auto lock, but you can lock it from the app, presumably from the fob as well, or simply tap the lock icon on the base of the driver's side B pillar. I've left it up to 2 hours with the climate running and came out to a safe and healthy, if bored, dog.

Note that the double-honk alert will happen right as you exit the car, not when you go to lock it. I despise such alerts, think they're noise pollution and an abuse of the horn, which should be an emergency signal device only. Sadly I could find no way to disable it.

·
Registered
891 Posts
The setting in question is "Vehicle power down timer", which is the first item under Settings -> Vehicle. Yes, it works, but you do need to remember to disable it each time you need it. The doors will not auto lock, but you can lock it from the app, presumably from the fob as well, or simply tap the lock icon on the base of the driver's side B pillar. I've left it up to 2 hours with the climate running and came out to a safe and healthy, if bored, dog.

Note that the double-honk alert will happen right as you exit the car, not when you go to lock it. I despise such alerts, think they're noise pollution and an abuse of the horn, which should be an emergency signal device only. Sadly I could find no way to disable it.
I thought that was just for remote starting?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Good, constructive suggestion. And pet people need to know the vehicle can accommodate this "requirement." And, as you say, it helps make them appear to be more competitive with Tesla and others. If I can figure out how to send that, I will. I'm new to this site.
Aloha, @hitchhiker nailed it! "Vehicle power down timer" is "Pet Mode"! At least it keeps the car on with accessories. I stopped my car after an hour at idle. The AC and music stayed on. The locking process was just as @hitchhiker decribed, including the double horn chirp (even chirps when you turn the "Auidio Feedback" off. So I now believe that it is true that the MME can stay at idle for extended periods. Just make sure that you will have enough charge to get home. 😉

I guess that security is the next issue that you will have to address. I don't profess to be an expert with Phone as a Key, but I would be concerned that if someone got into the car that, potentially, they could drive off as the car is on. That problem could be easily taken care of by getting a big dog; this will also take care of returning to the car with a board dog😁😁😁

We really have a great Club here! I love the way we were able to come together to help a fellow owner! @Space White MachE we will all be waiting to see pictures of your dog(s) in your Space White MME!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Aloha, One more thing. Every time that I checked, you could hear the fan running. I'm not sure if that was from the AC or the fan keeping the battery cool. Anyone near your MME will be able to easily see that you have a lucky dog staying cool in a MME!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Aloha, One more thing. Every time that I checked, you could hear the van running. I'm not sure if that was from the AC or the fan keeping the battery cool. Anyone near your MME will be able to easily see that you have a lucky dog staying cool in a MME!
It can be hard to hear in a crowded parking lot, and doesn't always run continuously unless it's super hot out. I printed up a sign letting people know the dog was OK, the car was on, and that it was electric so it was quiet.

·
Registered
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
66 Posts
It can be hard to hear in a crowded parking lot, and doesn't always run continuously unless it's super hot out. I printed up a sign letting people know the dog was OK, the car was on, and that it was electric so it was quiet.
I found this feature unintentionally about two months ago, a week into ownership of the MME. I came from the Tesla M3 and it does not have an on/off button, so based on habit I got out of the MME and did not turn it off. It double beeped, but I didn't know why. Everything seemed to be in order, so I went into the store. It was bothering me that I didn't know why it beeped at me, so went back to the car and realized that I left the car on and doors unlocked! So, great feature, but don't forget to immediately lock the doors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yep remote start time interval can be set to I believe 5 10 or 15 minutes. I'd be interested to know if it will cut off if you park, and walk away. I'm guessing theoretically until you turn it off. but I'd like to know as well.
You can also extend the time by 15 minutes once, so a total of 30 min. Page 118 in the cars manual.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I tried it this morning. with it running doors do not automatically lock when you walk away (I've been lucky no one tried to steal as I've done it a half dozen times or so assuming it locked. So I guess if leaving running you have to either lock with fob or the lcok button on the door. I'm glad I found this out!

·
Registered
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
66 Posts
I tried it this morning. with it running doors do not automatically lock when you walk away (I've been lucky no one tried to steal as I've done it a half dozen times or so assuming it locked. So I guess if leaving running you have to either lock with fob or the lcok button on the door. I'm glad I found this out!
Did you see my note above? Guess that's two MME's someone could have had. This is another reason it would be good if you could just look at the FP app and tell whether the door is locked. I know you can lock it on the app, but it would be good to see the current status of the car.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,376 Posts
"I guess that security is the next issue that you will have to address. I don't profess to be an expert with Phone as a Key, but I would be concerned that if someone got into the car that, potentially, they could drive off as the car is on. That problem could be easily taken care of by getting a big dog; this will also take care of returning to the car with a board dog😁😁😁"
The latest Ford Pass update added SECURIALERT when turned on you get a message alerting you if the doors, bonnet or hatch has been opened. I would assume that if that happens you could shut down the vehicle remotely.
Also, I remote started my MMe which was parked in front of my son's house to precondition the interior on a 102 degree day. When I approached the vehicle it was obvious that it was running because I could hear the cooling fan running. It sounded very much like the cooling fan on an ICE vehicle that continues to run after the engine is shut down. I'll have to try this again on a day when it's not 'desert hot"

·
Registered
891 Posts
Did you see my note above? Guess that's two MME's someone could have had. This is another reason it would be good if you could just look at the FP app and tell whether the door is locked. I know you can lock it on the app, but it would be good to see the current status of the car.
I didn't see it actually. Now that I know it tho I'll keep it in mind and lock with fob or door lock button

21 - 40 of 47 Posts