Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good to know but brings another question to mind. In my ICE vehicle it’s obvious to anyone near that the engine is running. How obvious is it the MME AC is running?

As a rather fanatic dog person, if I see a dog alone in a car on a potentially lethal hot day, the window will remain intact for exactly as long as it takes me to run and get the nearest heavy object. I haven’t ended up arrested yet but frankly I don’t care.

I may print a sign “Electric Vehicle: you don’t hear an engine but the AC is running.”.
Just get a large backyard thermometer and prop it up so anyone can see it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nope, nothing to do with remote start. That has its own setting: Settings -> Vehicle -> Remote Start Setup -> Duration
That reference is on page 118 of the manual. Here is what it says:

Note: You can also use FordPass to extend the remote start duration. If the duration is set to 15 minutes, the duration extends by another 15 minutes. This provides a total of 30 minutes. Note: Remote start can only be extended once. Note: A maximum of two remote starts, or one remote start with an extension, are allowed. To reset the restart procedure switch the vehicle to on, then to off.

What I read from that is you can extend the duration by 15 minutes once, giving you 30 minutes. You can, however, return to your app and turn the car off, then back on and set it back up again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What I read from that is you can extend the duration by 15 minutes once, giving you 30 minutes. You can, however, return to your app and turn the car off, then back on and set it back up again.
I forget what the limit is, but you can only remote start so many times before it will disable itself. Then it will scold you in the app, and you will need to power the car on normally before it enables remote start again. It's something like 2-3 times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We currently own a hybrid vehicle. On occasion we will leave the car running with the A/C on to keep it cool for someone waiting for us, or to keep groceries cool while we have dinner out. The hybrid allows us to do this for as long as there is enough gas in the tank.

Does the Mach-E allow us to do this?
I have left my vehicle running and it has never shut down if I leave the key in my pocket as I left the vehicle after initially using the start button when I first got in. “Misty” locks up and remains on until I open the door to get back in.
i have never timed how long it has been, but know that on several occasions it has been for more tha 30 minutes.
I can give it a try for longer if you’d like. How long do you need as a max time?

·
Registered
891 Posts
I have left my vehicle running and it has never shut down if I leave the key in my pocket as I left the vehicle after initially using the start button when I first got in. “Misty” locks up and remains on until I open the door to get back in.
i have never timed how long it has been, but know that on several occasions it has been for more tha 30 minutes.
I can give it a try for longer if you’d like. How long do you need as a max time?
you don't have to manually lock it with fob? Interesting, I tried it the other day, it gives two beeps to let you know motor is on, but it doesn't auto lock for me which was a shock as I've been walking away blissfully unaware that someone could steal it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
you don't have to manually lock it with fob? Interesting, I tried it the other day, it gives two beeps to let you know motor is on, but it doesn't auto lock for me which was a shock as I've been walking away blissfully unaware that someone could steal it.
It should automatically lock with those two beeps. Mine does. I have to repress the button on the door to unlock with my key in the pocket.
try it. Have someone walk up to the MME after you have stepped away from the car andthey should find it locked.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts