Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

How long does an order stay “in production”?

31K views 63 replies 17 participants last post by  ronf 
#1 ·
My order has been in production since 15 June! That is crazy. The average car takes less than 24 hours to build. What the heck is going on in Mexico? How long has everyone else’s order taken in production?

#4 ·
I'm in the same boat. Mine was scheduled for production the week of 21 June, so should have been completed by 26 June, but no update yet on the order management site, nor e-mail from Ford. They either built it or didn't, who knows.

#12 ·
See below the responses I got. I told them I was not satisfied with having to query the dealer for updates that Ford should push automatically when the ETA is delayed. I waited over four months for the car to be built, and then...nothing.

"
We recommend reaching out to the Sales Manager at the Ford dealership you placed your Mach E order with for any questions regarding your order status. The Sales Manager will have the resources needed to best assist you. You can also reach out to the Marketing Program Headquarters by phone (1-800-334-4375) for any further questions you may have.
Drew
Ford Social Media Team "

"
We appreciate you reaching to us regarding your concerns with your order status. I have created a feedback case and was sure to include our conversation in the case notes. For any further assistance, please reach out to the Sales Manager at your purchasing dealership. You can also visit our order tracking website for updates regarding your order here: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/.
Drew
Ford Social Media Team "

#37 ·
I guess they finally found a chip for my car:

It also says "Your vehicle has arrived at the dealership and should be ready for pick up in a few days. ", which is obviously incorrect. Palsapp still says "pending" (no indication that the car has left the factory yet).

#22 ·
Confusingly, there are two different order numbers. If you have your VIN, you should be able to find the 4-digit order number using this link: https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=yourVINhere

On the window sticker, near the lower left is an ITEM # field like nn-oooo O/T 1, where the oooo part is the 4-digit order number.

If you can't make that work, then consider calling your dealer's Sales Manager and asking for your VIN and 4-digit order number.

Simple right? 🤦‍♂️

#33 ·
Mine is stuck in Production and has been about 4 weeks now. I believe it is a chip issue. Randomly around the time my Mach E went into production Ford suddenly found chips to put in all the F-150s sitting in those lots in Detroit. My guess they are building our Mach Es without chips so they can get the F-150s to dealerships first. Once they fill the lots with F-150s again the Mach Es will suddenly get completed.

#34 ·
I took notice this past week that my dealer had about 20 new pickups on the lot and one car......a mustang GT.
They told me they hadn't gotten a Mach e in three weeks but a truck load of pickups this week and last week

#52 ·
I waited 16 months for this car (7 months as reservation, 9 months from order to delivery). It was worth the wait.

Its down to around 6 months from order to delivery. It takes less than two weeks to build, and less than 30 days to ship (to US). That means you have almost five months to wait around.

I recommend checking on the order maybe once a week at most, or run the risk of imploding the brain.

#54 ·
Next week is 3 months since my order and Ive heard NOTHING from Ford nor has my dealer.
ILL just stop looking and impatiently wait for a message from Ford.
Im driving a 2018 Edge Sport so till I get the Mach e so Ill be fine waiting.....disappointed in Ford not updating me at all, but Big Business doesn't care squat about their individual customer

#60 ·
yes, when my car shipped after production it initially had a date range of 30-33 days as I recall. About a week later I got an email adding three days to the transport time. Interestingly enough it actually got to the dealer a week ahead of schedule.

I had confirmation emails all along the way. Only interaction I had with the dealer the whole time was going on line to order, then confirming with my dealer (they emailed the specs of my order to me to make sure they were right). Only other contact I had with the dealer was showing up to get the car and do paperwork, took about hour and a half.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.