Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Read Only
61 Posts
I just updated my reservation # spreadsheet through Noon 1/26/2020. Last number posted was 100035082. Taking away the estimated 4,000 for dealers demonstrators or other Ford purpose that means approximately 32,000 reservations have been placed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you figure a 50% conversion rate to a hard sale, you're looking at 16k + 4k (demo units) which is close to half of the first year production. That's without a single test drive or professional review of the vehicle.

·
Read Only
61 Posts
Tesla says the conversion rate for the Model 3 is 12% although other articles say its 20% to 23%. I am a little surprised that there are not more Mach-E reservations after two months assuming that my spreadsheet reflects the real Ford number.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Tesla says the conversion rate for the Model 3 is 12% although other articles say its 20% to 23%. I am a little surprised that there are not more Mach-E reservations after two months assuming that my spreadsheet reflects the real Ford number.
Are you sure you mean conversion rate and not cancellation rate?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just updated my reservation # spreadsheet through Noon 1/26/2020. Last number posted was 100035082. Taking away the estimated 4,000 for dealers demonstrators or other Ford purpose that means approximately 32,000 reservations have been placed.
Bob, can you elaborate a little more on this. I'm curious where you got all the data from. From owners on this site? Elsewhere?

·
Read Only
61 Posts
The reservation numbers, dates, User ID's and location are from postings on this site and another site. Ford said production for the first year would be 50,000 vehicles. Early information from Ford sources was that each state would have an allocation of 500 vehicles but more for California or about 25,000 total US. As I started compiling the reservation numbers on my spreadsheet I noticed the reservations did not include any numbers 1 to 4,000. My estimate of 4,000 demonstrators was a guess from published information: 4,000 Ford dealers about half of which are certified as Mach-E dealers and each certified dealer needing one or two demonstrator Mach-E's. And you could probably include Mach-E's for crash testing and other Ford testing purposes in that 4,000 figure. It also became apparent that all the reservation numbers were sequential irregardless of model roughly in order with reservation dates. Another question was were the reservation numbers just US? When I saw a Norway reservation # that fit right in with the pattern I could see it was worldwide, i.e. United States, Canada and Europe.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Very cool. So it looks like if you include the 4k for dealers, etc. then you're left with 14,000 more before they've filled order slots for all 50,000. Correct?

·
Read Only
61 Posts
That is correct. Of course then the question is who stays 'in the game' when the time to place orders comes this summer.

I think the really interesting time will come when the first Mach-E is delivered to a customer.

·
Registered
176 Posts
We reserved the GT a few weeks ago. I wanted to change the color but I didn't see any edit tab. Any thoughts on changing.
The reservation is just a placeholder in line to place an actual order - when it comes time to order you can order whatever you want, with the exception of ordering a first edition if you didn't reserve that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Posted elsewhere but reposting to help the spreadsheet (Bob Nelson):
19/11/2019 Pre-Order Date 10012751 Los Angeles

·
Read Only
61 Posts
The fun police have asked me to not post the reservation # information I have aggregated on my spreadsheet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
We reserved the GT a few weeks ago. I wanted to change the color but I didn't see any edit tab. Any thoughts on changing.
This is why I'm waiting to see the Mach-E in person in a few different colors before going forward with my order.

Oh, and test driving one too.

I don't know how anyone gets over not going through that process before committing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts