Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Mach E Premium in October. No Production date yet. Would like to know how many Orders of Mach E Premium in United States so that I can start getting an idea of when mine will be built and delivered.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think we are all wondering. If you ordered in October of this year it probably won't be until sometime in 2021. Many reserved in November 2019 and ordered July 2020 and most builds are scheduled for December.

·
Super Moderator
1,421 Posts
The actual order quantity for US seems to be a closely guarded secret. It was estimated at 20,000 initially, but indications are that it has exceeded that number.

I reserved in December and ordered in June, my build date is in January.

the next rounds of scheduling may give us better insight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think we are all wondering. If you ordered in October of this year it probably won't be until sometime in 2021. Many reserved in November 2019 and ordered July 2020 and most builds are scheduled for December.
Thank you - Ford could do better in providing information - sometime in 2021 is very in-exact in our era.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The actual order quantity for US seems to be a closely guarded secret. It was estimated at 20,000 initially, but indications are that it has exceeded that number.

I reserved in December and ordered in June, my build date is in January.

the next rounds of scheduling may give us better insight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope that Ford provides more information soon. Never realized how much different this is, not being able to go to a lot, test drive and select a car. Seems Ford could disclose how many ordered and how many will be produced a month.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thank you - Ford could do better in providing information - sometime in 2021 is very in-exact in our era.
Agreed. My patience in wearing thin after a year of waiting but I have a build date of 12/14 but not sure what that means in terms of delivery. I hope to get it by the end of the year to utilize the tax credit for 2021 but it not then there are other EV's coming up that look promising if I'm going to have to wait until 2022 to recoup my costs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered the Mach E Premium in October. No Production date yet. Would like to know how many Orders of Mach E Premium in United States so that I can start getting an idea of when mine will be built and delivered.
I ordered my Premium in September and don't have a production date yet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Agreed. My patience in wearing thin after a year of waiting but I have a build date of 12/14 but not sure what that means in terms of delivery. I hope to get it by the end of the year to utilize the tax credit for 2021 but it not then there are other EV's coming up that look promising if I'm going to have to wait until 2022 to recoup my costs.
Which other EVs are you considering ? Just so that I can compare with MME.

·
Registered
Grabber Blue FE
105 Posts
New VW is ugly imo. BMW is ugly. Nissan I rather like but not more than the MachE. If I were not going to buy the MachE, I'd be going Tesla. But I'm here because on two Tesla's I ordered the quality (paint poor, panel gaps, terrible condensation in rear lights, etc.) was so terrible I cancelled my orders. I've seen the MachE in person twice now and spent a lot of time with the car. Nothing I've seen coming in the near future is swaying my decision.

EDIT: I forgot the Audi which is a good looking car, but so over priced I wouldn't consider it. I have an Audi now and never again because they nickel and dime you to death on everything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree about the Nissan Ariya. There's very little information out so it's hard to compare it to the Mach-e. But it does look interesting.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The VW ID4 although that's a stupid name, Volvo Recharge and the Rav4 prime (I like how it looks and the interior space but not a full EV but that's fine). Nissan Ariya looks nice too. The Y was nice but the seats were uncomfortable and narrow in the front and I want a dash display. Ford is going to miss their window if they don't get the Mach E out quickly and have a solid build and no issues.

·
Registered
Model 3 -> Mach-E First Edition
88 Posts
Not to derail, but my plan is to recognize the tax credit all year next year, adjusting my W-4 withholdings down to a level after the car is delivered which will result in a $7,500 "underpayment" by year end, which the tax credit will then erase, therefore being "paid" the tax credit all 2021.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looked into the VW but the video monitor on the steering wheel is an annoying distraction. Do not like the Tesla Y look and Model III does not excite me. Biden wiill probably restore the $7500 credit for Tesla but just do not want a Tesla. Agree that Ford by taking so long on the rollout is in danger of losing customers and the space it is trying to make for itself.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
865 Posts
Not to derail, but my plan is to recognize the tax credit all year next year, adjusting my W-4 withholdings down to a level after the car is delivered which will result in a $7,500 "underpayment" by year end, which the tax credit will then erase, therefore being "paid" the tax credit all 2021.
Be very careful: The $7,500 is not a tax credit.

The $7,500 is a deduction, but only against Federal taxes due and/or paid.

A true tax credit is money in your pocket. The $7,500 is not. You need $7,500 in taxes due to get the full benefit.

For example if you only owe $5,000 the $7,500 will be used to wipe out that $5,000 but you will not get back as a credit the balance of $2,500.

If you have paid $5,000 in taxes, you will get the $5,000 back, but the remaining $2,500 will be lost.

As I noted above, to get the full benefit of the $7,500 you must either owe or have paid Federal taxes of $7,500.

The $7,500 applies to the tax year in which you register the car. So if you register your car in 2020 the $7,500 applies to tax year 2020. If registration is 2021, then taxes due for the year 2021.

Registration, not date of sale, is the controlling date.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Looked into the VW but the video monitor on the steering wheel is an annoying distraction. Do not like the Tesla Y look and Model III does not excite me. Biden wiill probably restore the $7500 credit for Tesla but just do not want a Tesla. Agree that Ford by taking so long on the rollout is in danger of losing customers and the space it is trying to make for itself.
I am a loyal Democrat - but I have not heard of anyone talking about restoring the tax credit to Tesla.

Remember that Tesla lost their tax credit not in 2020 but before - several years ago.

In New York we get a $2,000 tax credit against taxes owed for EV's up to $60,000. Over $60,000 the tax "credit" is $500.

Although there was a bill to eliminate sales tax on EV's that bill did not pass. I believe there is no sales tax on EV's in New Jersey.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am a loyal Democrat - but I have not heard of anyone talking about restoring the tax credit to Tesla.

Remember that Tesla lost their tax credit not in 2020 but before - several years ago.

In New York we get a $2,000 tax credit against taxes owed for EV's up to $60,000. Over $60,000 the tax "credit" is $500.

Although there was a bill to eliminate sales tax on EV's that bill did not pass. I believe there is no sales tax on EV's in New Jersey.
Biden supposedly is to reinstate for all EV purchasers, but limiting the credit to $250,000 income cap. Here in Florida, no separate state credit (we do not have state income tax though). I think that we have the 2nd most EVs but much lower on a per capita basis

·
Registered
865 Posts
It is a non-refundable tax credit: Plug In Electric Drive Vehicle Credit Section 30D | Internal Revenue Service

It is not a "tax deduction."
I believe you are incorrect:

The Form to use is: 8936

See: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8936.pdf

After you put in all your information you will come down to Line 19.

• Line 19: Put in $7,500 - the maximum amount of the credit
  • Line 20: Go to your 1040 line 12: this is the tax you owe. Assume you owe "0" tax from line 12. Put in "0"
  • Line 21: Personal Credits: put in "0"
  • Line 22: Subtract line 21 from 20: This will be "0"
  • Line 23: Enter the smaller of line 19 or 22. The smaller will be line 22, "0"
Because you had no tax to pay your credit is "0". There is no tax credit to be transferred to your 1040.

Now change Line 20 to $10,000 - the amount of tax you owe:

• Line 19: Put in $7,500 - the maximum amount of the credit
  • Line 20: $10,000 the amount of tax you owe from line 12 of your 1040
  • Line 21: Personal Credits: put in "0"
  • Line 22: Subtract line 21 "0" from line 20, $10,000, put in $10,000
  • Line 23: Enter the smaller of 19 and 22: $7,500 (line 19).
The $7,500 from line 23 gets entered into your form 1040 as a credit against your taxes owed.

To repeat: In order to get the maximum credit of $7,500 you must owe taxes of at least $7,500.

If you have no tax to pay you will not get the credit.

Hope this clarifies.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts