Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to take advantage of the 500 KWh charging credit that shows up in my connected services FordPass Charging network. According to Ford's website, it's as easy as plug and charge.

I tried a local GreenLots charger that shows up in the FordPass app as part of the Ford/EA network. Charging did not start when I plugged it into the car. Instead, it required a credit card, and charged it.

Am I missing an important step here? I already set up payment information in the connected services online.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The free charging credits are only for EA. For Plug and Charge, you need to enable that in the charging settings. It's also predominantly EA only that supports it. Supposedly some GreenLots chargers also support it, but none locally for me do. When browsing chargers in the FordPass app, there's an extra icon added to locations that support Plug and Charge. You can also set a filter for it in FordPass.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The free charging credits are only for EA. For Plug and Charge, you need to enable that in the charging settings. It's also predominantly EA only that supports it. Supposedly some GreenLots chargers also support it, but none locally for me do. When browsing chargers in the FordPass app, there's an extra icon added to locations that support Plug and Charge. You can also set a filter for it in FordPass.
Thanks. This is an EA charger that shows up as in-network in the app's map.
But I just checked in the app and realized that P&C can (and probably needs) to be enabled in the app. I'll try again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: Tried it again after enabling p&c in the app and it still doesn't work: plugging in the car still asks for a credit card.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts