Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that hasn't use DC fast chargers a lot, InsideEVs talk about how to pay, activate and charge your car with each of the major EV chargers in the US. They talk about Electrify America, EVgo, ChargePoint, and Tesla Superchargers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Interesting reading: Home | Electrify America. This will be my first BEV so, am on a learning curve.
I recommend for everyone to have accounts set up with a company of their choice. Go to the company website to see how they are set up in your town. I have the MME-GT reservation so I'll be waiting till 2021 for delivery but I do have the Harley Davidson Livewire. Before delivery of my motorcycle I had accounts with ChargePoint, EA and EVconnect.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
994 Posts
Based on my experience of 2-1/2 years with my Nissan Leaf, I recommend setting up an account, including phone apps with EVERY charging company in your area. A little time setting them all up, especially from the convenience of your home on a computer, will save you lots of aggravation trying to set these up on a phone while standing at a charger.

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
Ford said that they will have a ‘single sign-on’ through their app so you won’t need individual apps for any services included in their network.
their goal is to simplify the process as much as possible.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ford said that they will have a ‘single sign-on’ through their app so you won’t need individual apps for any services included in their network.
Magic words " their network". Always best to have several charging networks set up as we're talking charging only and not "services" needed.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
994 Posts
I've read that too, MachDrive. I hope it will be that seamless.

The proof will be in finding out who is included in "their network" and who isn't. It will also be interesting to see how well they are integrated.

Nissan provided an EZ-Charge card that was supposed to work across multiple networks (EVgo, AV, blink, ChargePoint, and Greenlots). It did, for some, sometimes. If you really needed to connect, you often needed the app and the app wanted an account with their company. We all know there are often differences between marketing/advertising and delivery.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I recommend for everyone to have accounts set up with a company of their choice. Go to the company website to see how they are set up in your town. I have the MME-GT reservation so I'll be waiting till 2021 for delivery but I do have the Harley Davidson Livewire. Before delivery of my motorcycle I had accounts with ChargePoint, EA and EVconnect. View attachment 1371
Thanks for the advice. And from reading the thread, sounds like I'll take it even though we'll have "FordPass."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts