Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my BMW today. I’m all in for my MME. My order/reservation number is below 10k, so I’m crossing my fingers for a 2020 delivery date.

Until then, I’ll be driving my son’s 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid, which, by the way, has more than 220k miles and is still running like a champ.

I’ve seen some posts of reservation-holders wavering. Who else is all in?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Now that they cut the prices enough to get me to upgrade to the ER battery, I'm in. Since I'm not worried about range, I also won't worry about battery advancements over then next 4 years so I'll just buy it outright and don't care that the options rates suck

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
I sold my BMW today. I’m all in for my MME. My order/reservation number is below 10k, so I’m crossing my fingers for a 2020 delivery date.

Until then, I’ll be driving my son’s 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid, which, by the way, has more than 220k miles and is still running like a champ.

Good to hear! From the looks of things you won’t be disappointed!

Some have mentioned that Ford has to meet or exceed their targeted EPA numbers for them to commit. Most, including myself, had concerns over the true cost of the Ford Options plan and the lack of a true lease.

However, the MSRP reduction now qualifies my Premium AWD/ER for the NJ $5,000 EV rebate. So effectively the price came down $8,000 for me. I did have to change my color from Infinite Blue to Carbonized Gray to reduce the price below the NJ threshold, though.

So I’m in, as long as financing interest rates don’t go above where they are now on the configurator. While I may have leased, will not be using the Ford Options plan.

Reactions: Maric

·
Registered
50 Posts

I've been in for a while. I wanted to go electric and now is the perfect time - I can wait to buy a new car for the first time in years (turned in my lease three weeks ago). I've just been waiting for someone other than Tesla to do something exciting in the space. Nothing against them, but they're clearly still learning how to manufacture cars and I don't want to deal with that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
All in here as well. Turned my GLE lease in a month ago and luckily working from home has made it easier to be without a car while I await a hopeful 2020 delivery date. I’m still really excited for the Mach-E!

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
127 Posts
Welcome. The Mach E looks like a great car. Personally, I'll reserve final judgement on which EV is the best until after the test drive. Congratulations on the commitment to go electric. It really is the future of driving. Ever since trying my first electric car in a test drive, I've been convinced it's the only way to go. Of locally available options, I still need to try the Model Y and the iPace.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
726 Posts
Welcome. The Mach E looks like a great car. Personally, I'll reserve final judgement on which EV is the best until after the test drive. Congratulations on the commitment to go electric. It really is the future of driving. Ever since trying my first electric car in a test drive, I've been convinced it's the only way to go. Of locally available options, I still need to try the Model Y and the iPace.
I would not even consider the IPace:

• MSRP $69,850: this disqualifies for the NY State tax credit of $2000
  • Range: 234 miles
To your list I would add the Audi Q4

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
127 Posts
Yes, I'd also like to try the Audi Q4 and the VW ID.4 when they're available for test drives

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am also all in on the MME. I have a 12 year old Accord so it's time for a new vehicle and I want it to be an EV. I agree with @pca371 that while I wanted to go with Tesla, there are too many reports of build issues that I just don't want to deal with. I am still debating on whether or not to buy the MME outright or just use the Ford Options plan to effectively lease for 3 years and then see what the EV market looks like in 2024.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
726 Posts
I am also all in on the MME. I have a 12 year old Accord so it's time for a new vehicle and I want it to be an EV. I agree with @pca371 that while I wanted to go with Tesla, there are too many reports of build issues that I just don't want to deal with. I am still debating on whether or not to buy the MME outright or just use the Ford Options plan to effectively lease for 3 years and then see what the EV market looks like in 2024.
Suggest you read the post on the Ford Option Plan vs. a lease.

The present Ford Option plan with a 44% residual is nothing more than a deferred purchase plan.

In a lease you only pay tax on the sum of the lease payments plus any cap cost reduction (deposit). With the Ford Option Plan you pay sales tax on the purchase price. In NY the tax savings on a lease vs. the Ford Option Plan are more than $300.

To be effective a lease should have as a minimum a residual of 58% and considering where interest rates today are, a Money Factor (MR same as interest rate) of no more than 2.5%.

The Ford Option Plan has neither.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Suggest you read the post on the Ford Option Plan vs. a lease.
I have. I realize the "lease" Ford is offering is not a good deal financially compared with typical leases but I'd rather pay a little extra with the ability to give it back to the dealer. Technology around EVs and their batteries is rapidly changing so if there's something else on the market that is clearly superior or simply the technology around batteries has so radically changed I want to any easy path to an upgrade and I'm willing to pay for it. If nothing game changing has really happened I'll just buy the car outright then (I typically hold on to a car for 10 years+) but I like the option to just hand it back to the dealer so I don't have to deal with it if I regret my decision after 3 years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts