Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many vehicles have dark or chrome grills that serve as bug killers. Depending on the material and color, bug debris can be very unsightly or hardly noticable to a passerby.

Will the plastic ”grill” highlight dead bugs to an unacceptable level? Perhaps a lighter color will be worse. I am also concerned about rock chips on the massive piece of plastic.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I get Expel installed on the front of all my new cars. When you get bugs or dirt they wash off easily. If you get a stone hitting the front end, most likely it will not chip the paint. Cost about $650
depending on car and is worth every penny.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps a solution for you and some others. I suggest this type of protective film should be applied to vehicles‘ front ends when manufactured. Certainly Ford could gain scales of economy and buying power. It is in the best interest of aurto manufacturers that their vehicles look as great as possible for as long as possible. How many beat up Toyota Rav 4‘s have you seen? Owners are proud of them, take care of them, and this leads to more sales by Toyota.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I get Expel installed on the front of all my new cars. When you get bugs or dirt they wash off easily. If you get a stone hitting the front end, most likely it will not chip the paint. Cost about $650
depending on car and is worth every penny.
Agree! I have a 2015 Camaro and had XPEL Ultimate on the front bumper, hood, and front fenders. After the XPEL fully cured, I sealed it using a high quality PPF sealant. When there are bugs, I simply wipe them off with a towel! Likely I'll get XPEL on the bumper of the Mach E, if its just a few hundred $$$

·
Registered
45 Posts
I suspect a company or companies will offer custom parts to replace that piece.
Not sure about that.......from pictures it looks like it is all one piece with the front bumper. The only exception seems to be GT version. And btw, I love the black GT front grill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts