Votes: 8 30.8%

Votes: 10 38.5%

Votes: 1 3.8%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading how people waiting for Porsche Taycans were shocked when the official range figures ended up lower than promised. Based on the conversation about the EPA numbers, here is what I'm wondering: what range figure would cause you to cancel your Mach-E order and get something else? Different versions have different range figures of course, but what would the minimum range have to be?

To figure out where everyone stands on this, I've organized a poll.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If I am paying more for the EXT version I want to be able to at least get the same number of miles I get on a full tank on my current vehicle which is about 300. I voted 225 but would have hesitation at 250. There are other options in this range and going from gas to electric I have range anxiety.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
949 Posts
I remember reading how people waiting for Porsche Taycans were shocked when the official range figures ended up lower than promised. Based on the conversation about the EPA numbers, here is what I'm wondering: what range figure would cause you to cancel your Mach-E order and get something else? Different versions have different range figures of course, but what would the minimum range have to be?

To figure out where everyone stands on this, I've organized a poll.
The only 'long distance' trips that I make on a regular basis is a 468 mile trip to my daughter's house in Ogden UT. Since EPA ratings on EVs tend to be a bit on the low side compared to 'real world' 250 should give me a one charge stop. I ordered the RWD ER because I was looking for range over 0-60 and HP/ Torque so the closer the MM E gets to 300 or more the happier I will be but given that the overwhelming percentage of my driving will only require me to 'plug in' once a week it won't be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a reservation on the MME-GT. When the order bank opens I'll opt for the Performance model. So in other words, range does not matter to me. If I want to travel long distance in a short time I have my Roush P-51 Mustang to do that and if time is not a factor the MME will be fine even with a 200 mile range.

·
Registered
Grabber Blue FE
109 Posts
I 'really' want 270 (I voted 270) for my FE, coming from within inches of buying a Y LR. That said, I could probably live with a solid 250 but if I had to be a careful driver to get that 250 that would not be acceptable. If I'm going to get 250 I want to drive the car like I drive my Q5 and not have to really watch my acceleration and speed (within reason).

With the size of the battery pack on the AWD LR MachEs, even being a heavier car than say a Y, I don't see how Ford could not engineer 270 range into the current specs. I'd be ok with this happening with OTA updates as long as eventually efficiency and range improved.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
949 Posts
I have a reservation on the MME-GT. When the order bank opens I'll opt for the Performance model. So in other words, range does not matter to me. If I want to travel long distance in a short time I have my Roush P-51 Mustang to do that and if time is not a factor the MME will be fine even with a 200 mile range.
Very nice alternative to the Mach E however being one who always believes in backup my second vehicle would be a P-38 Lightning not as fuel efficient but harder to 'knock down'

·
Registered
Premium RWD SR Black
11 Posts
The MME will be my commuter car so even at 200 I could go 2-3 days without charging (which is why I ordered a Premium RWD SR). My biggest motivating factor was that I wanted to go to BEV. My biggest concern is build quality & maintenance so the MME appeals to me much more than Tesla's offerings. I'm not overly concerned about the EPA range estimates coming in a little low.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm retired so I don't have commuter miles any more. Once or twice a year I make a 220 mile trip to relatives so I could easily live with a rating of about 235.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I personally do not care if standard range is not 230 but 200. Do not see myself taking EV car for a long trip.
What I do care if this range won't change much after 8-10 years

·
Super Moderator
1,462 Posts
I believe that Tesla has been able to increase mileage via OTA updates. Perhaps Ford could do the same.
As they get more data from real-world usage, I hope Ford can unlock some of the battery-reserves to increase range. The current 11% buffer gives them a lot of room to play.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts