Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The direct sun highlights the silver in the color a bit more but that's an excellent example of the light end of the perceived color variation. I'm quite please with the choice as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,201 Posts
Another Infinite Blue photo. They are so rare in the wild.

Please keep an eye out for any photos of an Infinite Blue MMe playing out in the sun. Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The direct sun highlights the silver in the color a bit more but that's an excellent example of the light end of the perceived color variation. I'm quite please with the choice as well.
I ordered the Ford color Infinite Blue Metallic spray paint from Automotivetouchup.com along with primer and clearcoat about a month ago. I painted a metal panel so I could see what the true color is. I like the color and you do need the sun to bring out the true color. This color is also a color for the 2021 Lincoln Aviator, but those models or the brochures are not yet out. I figured that if I ever needed some touch up paint for my MME, I might as well buy it now. My order is for a Premium model AWD with ER in Infinite Blue.

·
Super Moderator
1,201 Posts
I ordered the Ford color Infinite Blue Metallic spray paint from Automotivetouchup.com along with primer and clearcoat about a month ago. I painted a metal panel so I could see what the true color is. I like the color and you do need the sun to bring out the true color. This color is also a color for the 2021 Lincoln Aviator, but those models or the brochures are not yet out. I figured that if I ever needed some touch up paint for my MME, I might as well buy it now. My order is for a Premium model AWD with ER in Infinite Blue.
I have the same configuration, with the light gray seats. Can you take a picture of your sample in the sun?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the same configuration, with the light gray seats. Can you take a picture of your sample in the sun?
Here you go. Ford Infinite Blue in partial sun and against Lincoln White Platinum Metallic Tricoat background. This is painted from a spray can with gray primer, Infinite blue base, and clearcoat top layer. It looks lighter in the sun. My closeups look more grainy than it would from a distance. There seems to be a lot of metallic in the basecoat. Obviously a factory paint job will be smoother and will give a better clearcoat. I am not great on colors as I have a red green deficiency color blindness. I can definitely see the blue, but I am clueless on what the undertone colors are.

·
Super Moderator
1,201 Posts
Here you go. Ford Infinite Blue in partial sun and against Lincoln White Platinum Metallic Tricoat background. This is painted from a spray can with gray primer, Infinite blue base, and clearcoat top layer. It looks lighter in the sun. My closeups look more grainy than it would from a distance. There seems to be a lot of metallic in the basecoat. Obviously a factory paint job will be smoother and will give a better clearcoat. I am not great on colors as I have a red green deficiency color blindness. I can definitely see the blue, but I am clueless on what the undertone colors are.
Your picture is missing :/

·
Super Moderator
1,201 Posts
2nd attempt
The indoor picture is very close to the color swatch in publications. It also matches the factory floor picture below (center-left). This color is one of the most popular, and seems to be the most elusive.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thank you very much for taking the time to carefully paint this sample and for sharing it with us.

It's interesting how different the color looks in different lighting conditions. In less bright conditions, it looks like some combination of dark gray and navy.

It's ok. I think that since the color is called "Infinite" and partly because it's a metallic tinted tri-coat, I had imagined the absolute perfect look (whatever the heck that might be). So now, nothing can live up to my expectations. :) But this looks good enough!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thank you very much for taking the time to carefully paint this sample and for sharing it with us.

It's interesting how different the color looks in different lighting conditions. In less bright conditions, it looks like some combination of dark gray and navy.

It's ok. I think that since the color is called "Infinite" and partly because it's a metallic tinted tri-coat, I had imagined the absolute perfect look (whatever the heck that might be). So now, nothing can live up to my expectations. :) But this looks good enough!
Honestly I'm more confused after looking at that then I was before.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Infinite Blue in indirect sunlight reminds me of a darker version of a blue we had onan old Nissan Maxima. Perhaps that's why I like it. Liked that color too. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,201 Posts
Just pre-ordered mine in Infinite Blue after seeing a vid on YouTube.
This video? It does look nice. I had to change from Infinite Blue to Carbonized Gray. In the State of NJ, the extra paint puts the price just over the maximum for the local $5,000 incentive.

·
Super Moderator
1,201 Posts
That’s the one. Looks absolutely gorgeous.
Having seen the paint samples on Monday. This video is spot on with the color. I just wish they brought it into the sunlight for a bit. The Blue-Gray highlights are unique.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having seen the paint samples on Monday. This video is spot on with the color. I just wish they brought it into the sunlight for a bit. The Blue-Gray highlights are unique.
Indeed. I was considering either black or red before seeing that video as the colour of Infinite Blue on the Ford website just didn’t pop out and looked very lacklustre. But on seeing that video I instantly changed my mind.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts