Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have instructions to install the Ford Connected Charge Station for my home. I want to know if it is hard wired, or does it plug into a NEMA 15-40 240v outlet?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Does anyone have instructions to install the Ford Connected Charge Station for my home. I want to know if it is hard wired, or does it plug into a NEMA 15-40 240v outlet?
Go to Ford.com and look for a link to parts. Search under charge station or Ford Connected Charge station. It is listed for sale but it will not ship until December. In the text of the description there is a link to a guide for installation to a licensed electrician. A Nema 14-40 plug is not going to work. It is hard wired and requires a 60 amp circuit breaker. There are other brands of charge station options that will deliver slightly less juice per hour but will work with a NEMA 14-50 plug. There are other threads on this site that will give you more detail.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It should be hard-wired because the circuit breaker should be 60A. The attached spec sheet should provide the needed information to electrician.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts