Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hopefully the pics explain better than my words, but (warning) my description seems reverse.
I don’t understand why only the speed is displayed sometimes, and others has the car safety icon. The first pic was taken after I turned off ACC. The second pic was when I hadn’t even had ACC active.
(yes I have my ordering matching even though the pics don’t seem as such)
Sometimes I don’t want the car icon because I have disengaged ACC but I can’t get “back” to it.

Update: I fixed my issue, but then it showed up again…
Then I fixed it again by deleting my profile and setting up PaaK again with the option available. Damn I hate this Ford technology…but OH my how I LOVE this car to drive!

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,625 Posts
Hopefully the pics explain better than my words, but (warning) my description seems reverse.
I don’t understand why only the speed is displayed sometimes, and others has the car safety icon. The first pic was taken after I turned off ACC. The second pic was when I hadn’t even had ACC active.
(yes I have my ordering matching even though the pics don’t seem as such)
Sometimes I don’t want the car icon because I have disengaged ACC but I can’t get “back” to it.

View attachment 6428
View attachment 6429
I've never seen the top display on my MMe, I'm stumped.

·
Registered
RWD SR, Star White Premium
6 Posts
The top one is what you see if all the assisted driving modes are off. Hit the close button on the steering wheel and it should revert back after a few taps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well…I have found my own solution.
This is what I saw when I started my drive this morning:

Everything was as I wanted it to be, but I had no idea why!!??
Then I started pecking through the settings and found this:

Not sure why it would change or toggle on its own, but so many of these settings are inconsistent from trip to trip for me. I know Ford has always had issues with electrical gremlins, but now the software phantoms are a bigger issue for me.
Hope this helps someone else with settings to customize your visualization preference.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have about 1,500 miles on my MME and I notice that from time to time, weird settings are changed when I light the candle in the morning. Of course I only notice it when it is one of the settings that are "driving" noticeable, but then later on I may find some obscure setting has changed, one that I would never change, so I know I didn't do it.
The latest was on the lane centering alert, where it went from alert only to heavy assist.
I haven't been keeping track so can't posit a trend on which ones, but guess I'll have to start.

Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is the radio presets. I selected 4 rows but every so often it goes back to the default of 3.
Mine is similar to yours--it usually defaults to one row, even though I repeatedly change it to 3 rows. Weird gremlim, but it's my one and only gripe with my car. Counting my blessings. . .

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,625 Posts
Mine is similar to yours--it usually defaults to one row, even though I repeatedly change it to 3 rows. Weird gremlim, but it's my one and only gripe with my car. Counting my blessings. . .
Look through the forum there's a fix for this issue. it's regarding setting and holding the number of presets.

·
Registered
Ordered Premium Star White, Space Grey Interior AWD ER
18 Posts
Which button are you saying is “close”?
Six options from my count are:
  1. Cruise on/off
  2. Cancel/resume
  3. Set +
  4. Set -
  5. Follow distance
  6. Lane centering
Press the Lane Centering button on the steering wheel and the MPH is displayed in the middle of the screen. Press it again and the top view of the car goes to the center.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Press the Lane Centering button on the steering wheel and the MPH is displayed in the middle of the screen. Press it again and the top view of the car goes to the center.
You somehow missed my post where I figured out it was a random toggle in settings and the chorus was queued on random settings changes issues. No worries, but your steering wheel toggle is only successful when the settings toggle is OFF or the car icon will remain and have a dash at the front bumper.

·
Registered
2021 MME, FE, 4X, Carbonized Gray Matallic
271 Posts
Which button are you saying is “close”?
Six options from my count are:
  1. Cruise on/off
  2. Cancel/resume
  3. Set +
  4. Set -
  5. Follow distance
  6. Lane centering
Aloha @MackAttack444, toggling the Lane centering button did the trick for me! Mahalo (thanks) for the post!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts