Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question and maybe a placeholder for the MACH-E insurance, when people start getting their cars, but.

I would love to have people report what they are paying for insuring the MACH-E when they get them, and where they are ( What state ).

I have read on other forums that, especially with the TESLAs, that the EV pricing is all over the place.

I am with ALLSTATE with my SPARKEV, and since I have everything with them, haven't looked around much due to massive discounts. However, with the MACH-E, I plan on shopping, as I expect the rates to vary wildly.

What got me thinking abut this was a great post here:

It has a good breakdown of what the EV uncharges were at the time of the post.

-Max

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,790 Posts
This is a question and maybe a placeholder for the MACH-E insurance, when people start getting their cars, but.

I would love to have people report what they are paying for insuring the MACH-E when they get them, and where they are ( What state ).

I have read on other forums that, especially with the TESLAs, that the EV pricing is all over the place.

I am with ALLSTATE with my SPARKEV, and since I have everything with them, haven't looked around much due to massive discounts. However, with the MACH-E, I plan on shopping, as I expect the rates to vary wildly.

What got me thinking abut this was a great post here:

It has a good breakdown of what the EV uncharges were at the time of the post.

-Max
My insurance is with State Farm: I bundle everything, auto, homeowners, jewelry and umbrella. Every 3 years I shop my policies to get the best rates. Recommend that for everyone.

When I asked about Tesla Model Y, the premiums were about 20% higher than my Ford Edge Sport which has a MSRP of $48,000 vs. $51,000 on the Model Y. On the Tesla forum they confirm that the insurance on Tesla's in general are bout 20% higher than ICE with similar MSRP.

Without a VIN State Farm was unable to give me a quote.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My insurance is with State Farm: I bundle everything, auto, homeowners, jewelry and umbrella. Every 3 years I shop my policies to get the best rates. Recommend that for everyone.

When I asked about Tesla Model Y, the premiums were about 20% higher than my Ford Edge Sport which has a MSRP of $48,000 vs. $51,000 on the Model Y. On the Tesla forum they confirm that the insurance on Tesla's in general are bout 20% higher than ICE with similar MSRP.

Without a VIN State Farm was unable to give me a quote.
I have State Farm too. We also bundle our homeowners and I have an umbrella policy as well. I expected the premium for the Mach E to be higher and 20% sounds right. I don't have a VIN yet either and probably won't until June. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts