Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, has anyone with a pending Mach-E order considered cancelling it given all the news and uncertainty surrounding the Coronavirus? Or are you planning to still going through with it no matter what?

I'm a bit relieved that I haven't placed mine yet because things have been really hectic with work and being isolated indoors. The last thing I'd want is to be dealing with Ford about what's going on with the status of my order.

·
Registered
2006 Mazda RX-8
32 Posts
I'm curious, has anyone with a pending Mach-E order considered cancelling it given all the news and uncertainty surrounding the Coronavirus? Or are you planning to still going through with it no matter what?

I'm a bit relieved that I haven't placed mine yet because things have been really hectic with work and being isolated indoors. The last thing I'd want is to be dealing with Ford about what's going on with the status of my order.
In the USA, we only have reservations, not orders. And it remains to be seen, but even orders will most likely be contingent on a later test drive of the actual vehicle with little or hopefully nothing to lose. While I am HIGHLY concerned about what I see as an overreaction to this virus having huge affects on the economy if the isolation is allowed to continue, I am nowhere near cancelling my reservation.

Canada may have different requirements compared to the USA though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the USA, we only have reservations, not orders. And it remains to be seen, but even orders will most likely be contingent on a later test drive of the actual vehicle with little or hopefully nothing to lose. While I am HIGHLY concerned about what I see as an overreaction to this virus having huge affects on the economy if the isolation is allowed to continue, I am nowhere near cancelling my reservation.

Canada may have different requirements compared to the USA though.
In Canada we have reservations as well (I guess I should've worded that better). I'm not sure how things are in your part of the US but everything is shutting down here to help prevent the spread of the virus. It's getting nuts.

·
Registered
2006 Mazda RX-8
32 Posts
In Canada we have reservations as well (I guess I should've worded that better). I'm not sure how things are in your part of the US but everything is shutting down here to help prevent the spread of the virus. It's getting nuts.
Nuts for sure and we need to find a way to get back to work quickly while mitigating the spread, especially to the elderly and immunocompromised. With a little creative thinking, we can do it. A potential economic crash will be way worse that this disease.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Best we wait the minimum 21 days sheltered in place now. Help clear up the asymptotic people from spreading it further. Not to rush back out and potentially cause things to get worse.

trying to resume normal life too quickly will have drastically worse effects on the economy. as everything will have to shut down again when there is a resurgence.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Best we wait the minimum 21 days sheltered in place now. Help clear up the asymptotic people from spreading it further. Not to rush back out and potentially cause things to get worse.

trying to resume normal life too quickly will have drastically worse effects on the economy. as everything will have to shut down again when there is a resurgence.
Where did 21 days come from? I thought the suggestion was 14. Or is that specific to your location?

·
Registered
2006 Mazda RX-8
32 Posts
Takes 14 days for symptoms to show, 21 days is the safety window. 3 weeks now saves months later.
To be clear, I'm not saying just rush out and get back to what was normal a few weeks ago. What I am saying is there needs to be a way very soon to be prudent by protecting the general population and especially those with a higher risk of serious illness or death while still allowing the economy to stay moving. I don't know about your situation, but I think in general, I'd rather potentially get sick (I'm under 60 and do not have any ongoing health issues.) than lose my job for an extended period of time in a crashing or severely depressed economy. There are prudent step to take with cleaning common areas, cleaning your hands, social distancing, etc, without telling everyone to stay home and don't go out. How long do we stay like this? Until there is no more virus anywhere? What will be left of the economy at that point? The stock market is already down 40%. The Federal Reserve is already saying there could be 30% unemployment and a 50% decline in GDP. That is a problem that might not be fixed for an extended period of time and a lot of people could suffer greatly. Something to think about along with mitigating the disease.

·
Registered
169 Posts
No, I am not planning to cancel based on fud. As things progress in the economy and time goes by I will reassess then

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have no intention on canceling my reservation. If anything, I’m hoping the sales slump now with motivate my dealer even further to get me the best deal possible. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
173 Posts
To be clear, I'm not saying just rush out and get back to what was normal a few weeks ago. What I am saying is there needs to be a way very soon to be prudent by protecting the general population and especially those with a higher risk of serious illness or death while still allowing the economy to stay moving. I don't know about your situation, but I think in general, I'd rather potentially get sick (I'm under 60 and do not have any ongoing health issues.) than lose my job for an extended period of time in a crashing or severely depressed economy. There are prudent step to take with cleaning common areas, cleaning your hands, social distancing, etc, without telling everyone to stay home and don't go out. How long do we stay like this? Until there is no more virus anywhere? What will be left of the economy at that point? The stock market is already down 40%. The Federal Reserve is already saying there could be 30% unemployment and a 50% decline in GDP. That is a problem that might not be fixed for an extended period of time and a lot of people could suffer greatly. Something to think about along with mitigating the disease.
I hate to make heavy off-topic posts, but i feel i must in this case.

This virus spreads extremely easily. I work in NYC, several coworkers are infected, as are their families. Three have died. we all started working from home a week ago. Since then, three more families have developed symptoms while sheltered-in-place, test results pending.

If everyone did the right thing, social distancing may do the trick and life could slowly get back to normal. but instead, some people take this serious situation lightly, and selfish people think they know better. their carelessness results in just making this bad situation worse.

Cluster areas are usually created when many people weren’t following the social distancing rules, and things end up shutting down.
So please, everyone stay vigilant and be safe. Don’t become a cluster!

·
Registered
169 Posts
If everyone did the right thing, social distancing may do the trick and life could slowly get back to normal. but instead, some people take this serious situation lightly, and selfish people think they know better. their carelessness results in just making this bad situation worse.

Cluster areas are usually created when many people weren’t following the social distancing rules, and things end up shutting down.
So please, everyone stay vigilant and be safe. Don’t become a cluster!
EXACTLY. If everyone follows the program, then we get back to normal quickly. Otherwise, the disruption gets prolonged and the financial damage is magnified.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm happy that I do software for living. That make work from home easier. For the order, I was already putting some money off for this since it's not a cheap car. If something append I know I can just cancel and use this money on any emergency I may have. At least my current car will age less during this time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I cancelled my order. Will Ford need to declare bankruptcy under Ch 11 and all deposits are forfeit? I don't know, but I may not be alive in Dec, anyway (I'm 78). I'll keep my two PHEV's until 2022 and re-evaluate then whether I switch one of them to full-EV, depending on what my useage turns out to be. Got the refund in less than a week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My MachE reservation used to be my “fun” thing to think about but COVID seems to have ruined that too.

I don’t plan on canceling, yet!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I cancelled my reservation. I plan on investing the deposit money and avoiding the high cost of the vehicle as a safeguard against potential layoff or pay decrease down the road.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Still very much all in. I have two on order and will not be taking delivery of my First Edition order as I want a Premium Star White. Will be attempting to move this in the Midwest to someone who wants one after I purchase it briefly and drive it for a bit.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Nope.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nuts for sure and we need to find a way to get back to work quickly while mitigating the spread, especially to the elderly and immunocompromised. With a little creative thinking, we can do it. A potential economic crash will be way worse that this disease.
Your folks dying is worse. Get your priorities straight.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts