Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
MME Premium 4X Rapid Red
Joined
·
49 Posts
I am not cancelling - not at this point. Being in the Health Care administration business we are still working, although I have sent all staff to work from home that I could. We are doing a great job of distancing at work and following guidelines, and Ohio has been out in front of shutting things down, but this thing is so virulent that you fear catching it on an essential trip to the grocery or drug store! Stay safe everyone, and hopefully we will have happier things to discuss this next fall/winter. This car has been my distraction too from all the terrible news that cannot be avoided.
 

·
Registered
2006 Mazda RX-8
Joined
·
48 Posts
Your folks dying is worse. Get your priorities straight.
Many lives will be severely damaged if the economy falters and a crashing economy will also result in deaths from lack of good care. We need to balance prudent action against this disease and keeping the economy from crashing. If all we care about is keeping everyone from dying from this disease, the economy will be shutdown for many months or longer. What will be left of the economy at that point?

Constant cleaning of public areas, prudent social distancing, personal care to keep yourself clean, stay home if sick, protect the most vulnerable, better response by medical system with more experience treating the disease. These actions can be done AND get people back to work soon.

My priorities are just fine, thank you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Not planning on cancelling my reservation yet (or simply passing on it when they come calling), but it's certainly a consideration depending on what the economy and the stock market looks like at the time. My Mach-e was going to be a bit of a splurge anyway. I'm retired and don't drive a lot of miles. And really don't need a new car right away. So from a "need" standpoint, I can easily wait.

But I wouldn't buy one without the $7500 federal tax credit and the $2500 state tax credit in my state. The state credit is solid thru 2022, so monitoring the federal credit timing is a key point for me. I fully expect this crisis depress sales of new cars for the rest of the year. I'm guessing Ford's $7500 credits will probably last thru at least 3Q2021 now, if not longer. So I might just skip my place in line and loop back around the end next year and buy one off the lot (if the economy and market comes back).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
I cancelled my order. Will Ford need to declare bankruptcy under Ch 11 and all deposits are forfeit? I don't know, but I may not be alive in Dec, anyway (I'm 78). I'll keep my two PHEV's until 2022 and re-evaluate then whether I switch one of them to full-EV, depending on what my useage turns out to be. Got the refund in less than a week.
No need to cancel, I have a feeling that Ford will give reservation holders a ‘defer’ option if you are not ready to order when notified.
Reservation money is held in Escrow, so I’m pretty sure its safe.
Ford is not financially in trouble. They may not be producing cars at the moment, but are making medical masks, positive airflow PPE, and respirators. This will offset loss somewhat.
With the world economy slowed, they would have idled plants anyway even if their employees were not at risk for CV.
As for MMe, I’m sure they worked in some non-conversion reservations in their numbers. Their target is 50k MMe in the first year of production for profitability, production wasn’t planned to start until June/July.
Based on the global reservation spreadsheet entries, MMe reservations have topped 49k by now. Even if 20% cancel, they would only have to sell those additional 10k cars before June next year.
If someone is truly interested in owning a Mach E, i say stay the course and see how things shake out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
If you want to get a chance for the new Mustang.... get a reservation. The First Edition sold out and now the Premium has only 10,000 left. You can decide when they convert your reservation to the real order. I have not heard anything from Ford since I made my reservation in November. The local sales agent doesn't know any updates either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
i will not cancel, but i will not convert my reservation in an order before i had not at least the chance to sit in a MME. but that has nothing to do with Corona, only the timeline, because in Switzerland auto dealer have closed all show rooms. there is actually a MME in Switzerland atm but I cannot go to see it.
 

·
Registered
e-Golf
Joined
·
30 Posts
I don’t know...my dealer called me to sign and complete my order, i know we can’t drive the car before ordering because you have to order in april/may and the first cars for the dealers in Europe will arrive no earlier than november.
I have never before ordered a car without a testdrive, and don’t like to be in this position. It seems that if you don’t order they have enough business lease drivers who don’t care and will sign, so it is a very difficult.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I'm curious, has anyone with a pending Mach-E order considered cancelling it given all the news and uncertainty surrounding the Coronavirus? Or are you planning to still going through with it no matter what?

I'm a bit relieved that I haven't placed mine yet because things have been really hectic with work and being isolated indoors. The last thing I'd want is to be dealing with Ford about what's going on with the status of my order.
Frankly, Fords response to this pandemic has only strengthened my interest in this vehicle. As you may know production has ceased on vehicle production globally. FORD ,however , ( at great expense and health risk ) has re-engineered production lines to assist in the effort to manufacture much needed Healthcare supplies for the front lines.. This company did not take a bail out in the 2008 melt down and continues to reinvest in technology in an effort to particiate in this energy revolution.....I am a Ford owner and stock holder ( been tough ) but I have not committed yet ; all my senses tells me the timing , product and company deserve our support...best of luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I'm curious, has anyone with a pending Mach-E order considered cancelling it given all the news and uncertainty surrounding the Coronavirus? Or are you planning to still going through with it no matter what?

I'm a bit relieved that I haven't placed mine yet because things have been really hectic with work and being isolated indoors. The last thing I'd want is to be dealing with Ford about what's going on with the status of my order.
It was a good idea when I ordered it and it’s still a good idea, so no I’m not cancelling my order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
I don’t know...my dealer called me to sign and complete my order, i know we can’t drive the car before ordering because you have to order in april/may and the first cars for the dealers in Europe will arrive no earlier than november.
I have never before ordered a car without a testdrive, and don’t like to be in this position. It seems that if you don’t order they have enough business lease drivers who don’t care and will sign, so it is a very difficult.
Maybe discuss with your dealer the expected down payment, and if its refundable should the test drive not go as expected (that is the guidance from Ford to US dealers)

Best of luck, be safe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I'm curious, has anyone with a pending Mach-E order considered cancelling it given all the news and uncertainty surrounding the Coronavirus? Or are you planning to still going through with it no matter what?

I'm a bit relieved that I haven't placed mine yet because things have been really hectic with work and being isolated indoors. The last thing I'd want is to be dealing with Ford about what's going on with the status of my order.
I'm cancelling mine I already bought a different car
 

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
Joined
·
109 Posts
I'm still in. Just hoping it will be in 2020 before I retire. Otherwise, getting the full tax credit will require a bit of work.
 
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Top