Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I be allowed to drive the Mach-E home without an hour in a Mach-E simulator?
I still see drivers using both feet while driving their gasoline engine cars, resulting in excess brake pedaling?

·
Super Moderator
991 Posts
I don’t think any special training is needed.

The brake pedal in the Mach E uses varying degrees of engine braking, except during heavy and emergency braking, where the capillary brakes engage. Capillaries also engage when the vehicle is at full stop and the brake pedal is depressed. The overall experience is like normal brakes.

Having this ‘traditional’ brake behavior is excellent, especially when trying to get adaption of EVs by the reluctant ICE driver.

For me, traffic in my area (NY/NJ metro) greatly limits when i can use one-pedal driving. i will be forced to brake the ‘old-fashioned’ way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
To me seems a lot of people are looking real deep into 1 pedal driving. In all actual honesty I prefer it cause it is nic not t having that extra brake dust or maintenance cost. Also even in the busy traffic or stop and go traffic can use 1 pedal driving. The key is to go test it out and get a feel for how to drive it without jerking and know to start releasing the accelerator sooner so you can slow down sooner. As soon as you let up on accelerator the brake lights come on and regen starts so you will not need to apply brakes unless you coming to complete stop suddenly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts