·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
242 Posts
Clickbait headline but it is true... An overwhelming majority of Dealers and Sales people are clueless but this not just for the MME, it's for pretty much every vehicle Ford makes. other traditional car manufacturers aren't much better.

I think I've said this here before but most car sales people/dealerships have the mentality "I'm going to sell a car that's on the lot to the person that walks in through the door". On every occasion I've purchased a new car, I knew the specs, paint/interior combinations, trim levels, options/features, etc better than the guy selling it to me.

Were I a general manager at a car dealership, I would insist all sales people study the products they are selling and know every detail about them.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
932 Posts
The MMe process has been radically different and somewhat frustrating for me. Each time I enter a dealership I bring the online 'build sheet' with all of the options color etc that I researched as well as any available incentives and a financing rate from my credit union and if available a written approval from the 'internet sales mgr.' on an agreed to price. The only thing that I expect from the salesman is to finalize the paperwork. While I understand that the MMe is a new 'ballgame', having to spend 10 days and several telephone calls to Dearborn to switch from a dealer that I had to pick on line before I was quoted a price only to find out that they added a $5000 ADM and refused to accept the X Plan was infuriating. Also, waiting four months to have a reservation changed to a dealer approved order then waiting another four months and still have no timeframe for production and delivery of my order is not a customer friendly system. Last but not least is the financing and the lack of information from Ford on what they intend to offer in lieu of outright purchase in those States where the Option Plan is not available (Nevada, North Carolina, DC and I believe Nebraska. Based on these factors and the uncertainty ahead it's pretty obvious that I am committed to the Mach E, but everyone has a 'breaking point' which I hope I don't hit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The MMe process has been radically different and somewhat frustrating for me. Each time I enter a dealership I bring the online 'build sheet' with all of the options color etc that I researched as well as any available incentives and a financing rate from my credit union and if available a written approval from the 'internet sales mgr.' on an agreed to price. The only thing that I expect from the salesman is to finalize the paperwork. While I understand that the MMe is a new 'ballgame', having to spend 10 days and several telephone calls to Dearborn to switch from a dealer that I had to pick on line before I was quoted a price only to find out that they added a $5000 ADM and refused to accept the X Plan was infuriating. Also, waiting four months to have a reservation changed to a dealer approved order then waiting another four months and still have no timeframe for production and delivery of my order is not a customer friendly system. Last but not least is the financing and the lack of information from Ford on what they intend to offer in lieu of outright purchase in those States where the Option Plan is not available (Nevada, North Carolina, DC and I believe Nebraska. Based on these factors and the uncertainty ahead it's pretty obvious that I am committed to the Mach E, but everyone has a 'breaking point' which I hope I don't hit.
Im late to ordering, but ordering this week probably. Doesnt the ADM, if any, show up when you order? When i checked online my dealer shows no ADM when i go thru the order process. I thought most weren't adding any ADM?

·
Registered
Spark EV 2016
50 Posts
Were I a general manager at a car dealership, I would insist all sales people study the products they are selling and know every detail about them.
You'd be exposing yourself to losing performant sales staff who would argue they know their customers much more than you do. That being said, as an engineer I 100% agree with you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Im late to ordering, but ordering this week probably. Doesnt the ADM, if any, show up when you order? When i checked online my dealer shows no ADM when i go thru the order process. I thought most weren't adding any ADM?
Well it's always possible that a shady dealer might try to add it at the very end when you're ready to pick up.

·
Registered
242 Posts
You'd be exposing yourself to losing performant sales staff who would argue they know their customers much more than you do. That being said, as an engineer I 100% agree with you.
While I know too many sales types and understand your point, over the long haul I'd be a more successful dealership if I eliminated the people who refused to learn the product they're selling.

I don't think it'll matter going forward. Car sales profession is pretty much going to be a relic of the 20th century.

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True, most dealers are not adding ADM and is should be easy to find one of those

1 - 9 of 9 Posts