Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone get the feeling that Ford might be lowballing the specs of the Mach-E?

When it comes to performance, a 0-60 time of 5.5 seconds is on par with the Tesla Model Y, but you have to imagine that Ford has higher expectations than that.

Also, for range the European WLTP numbers say the RWD Extended Range delivers 373 miles. While the EPA estimate is 300 miles. I know the EPA is more stingy with range numbers but that seems like a pretty big gap in range.

Maybe it's just me but this reminds me of the old days where Ford and other companies understated how powerful their cars actually were.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Those of us with a PHEV commonly obtain 4+ miles per kWh of use. There will be a buffer in the battery pack 12%(?) Or so that is unused. Thus 325 mile range is not unrealustic.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They might be low balling the price but doubt the performance is exaggerated as electric cars do perform very well.
I have no doubt that it'll perform well. But I think it could be possible Ford is holding back on things like 0-60 time and top speed.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ford is pretty damn good at the PR spin. And their standard vehicles like the Mustang coupe tend to perform better in real world testing than Ford claims. So I'd expect better numbers for sure!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ford is pretty damn good at the PR spin. And their standard vehicles like the Mustang coupe tend to perform better in real world testing than Ford claims. So I'd expect better numbers for sure!
It may not be a big difference, but once the Mach-E comes out I can easily see articles popping up with titles like "Is the Mach-E faster than advertised?"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts