Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
For me it's Grabber Blue only, and actually $3,000 even more since I'd get Grabber Blue in a Premium RWD if I could.
"Fuzzy" math!

Personally of all the colors I ruled out one was Grabber Blue, the other Orange.

I am partial to silver which was not an option on the First Edition. So I will be better off with the Premium.

·
Registered
Model 3 -> Mach-E First Edition
89 Posts
"Fuzzy" math!

Personally of all the colors I ruled out one was Grabber Blue, the other Orange.

I am partial to silver which was not an option on the First Edition. So I will be better off with the Premium.
I've never liked a color enough to pay $6k more for it, but Grabber Blue is that color for me :)

That said, if Cyber Orange was available on a Premium RWD, that might have swayed me too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
In my opinion the First Edition is not about what makes it physically different but rather something on a different level.

the FE sold out in the first few days. It was sold out to those who could just not see nor just be part of it but rather wanted to be the ones above the rest that could thumb their nose and make it known that we were THE FIRST. People who bought FE are both confident in their decision and not afraid to stand out and admit it.

there are people who want to be different. Who value not seeing themselves coming and going. They want to be elite without being obnoxious or narcissistic. Instead they do not need to to tell the world with words but rather with actions. The FE is a symbol of that feeling. When you are spending $60,000 then $1500 or 3500 is not that big a price difference. It really is not. In terms of a payment it is not that significant. Sure it is slightly more but being an owner of the first of a kind car could cost a lot more.

when the video of the 1400 HP came out that proved what is possible. I guarantee you Shelby and Rousch are working on versions that will easily sell for $80 grand plus. Will people buy them because they want to race them??? NO. They vast majority will buy them because they want to be in a class by themselves.

well folks owners of the First Edition are in a class of their own because they saw the potential and jumped on it the moment it was available. The question was NOT to but a FE or not but rather which color-Rapid Red or Grabber Blue.

within the next year both sides will be debating that they chose the better color. Joking that group will be the GT owners but they will be late to the party.

so if you have to rationalize WHY you did or did not buy an FE then do not worry as someone else will not just shake your hand but thank you greatly because they got what you chose not to. There is nothing wrong with that. As for the gray colored FE that got released we all know those are the ones who realized that they were late to the party but wanted to make sure that they got the invite.

·
Registered
Model 3 -> Mach-E First Edition
89 Posts
In my opinion the First Edition is not about what makes it physically different but rather something on a different level.

the FE sold out in the first few days. It was sold out to those who could just not see nor just be part of it but rather wanted to be the ones above the rest that could thumb their nose and make it known that we were THE FIRST. People who bought FE are both confident in their decision and not afraid to stand out and admit it.

there are people who want to be different. Who value not seeing themselves coming and going. They want to be elite without being obnoxious or narcissistic. Instead they do not need to to tell the world with words but rather with actions. The FE is a symbol of that feeling. When you are spending $60,000 then $1500 or 3500 is not that big a price difference. It really is not. In terms of a payment it is not that significant. Sure it is slightly more but being an owner of the first of a kind car could cost a lot more.

when the video of the 1400 HP came out that proved what is possible. I guarantee you Shelby and Rousch are working on versions that will easily sell for $80 grand plus. Will people buy them because they want to race them??? NO. They vast majority will buy them because they want to be in a class by themselves.

well folks owners of the First Edition are in a class of their own because they saw the potential and jumped on it the moment it was available. The question was NOT to but a FE or not but rather which color-Rapid Red or Grabber Blue.

within the next year both sides will be debating that they chose the better color. Joking that group will be the GT owners but they will be late to the party.

so if you have to rationalize WHY you did or did not buy an FE then do not worry as someone else will not just shake your hand but thank you greatly because they got what you chose not to. There is nothing wrong with that. As for the gray colored FE that got released we all know those are the ones who realized that they were late to the party but wanted to make sure that they got the invite.
For me it's about wanting a Grabber Blue Mach-E and this being the only way to get it.

But yes, for some it's probably an identity statement. I just wanted the paint.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Follow up:

• We now have production dates for the Premium November 30, 2020: and
  • For the First Edition December 21
That means that people who have ordered the Premium may well get their cars before Christmas and those who have ordered the First Edition, because of the Christmas/New Year's Holiday, in February 4 to 6 weeks later.

So the "First Edition" will not be first!

Why are we paying $3,600 more?

My production date for the First Edition is November 30, 2020

21 - 28 of 28 Posts