Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

IS THE MACH E WORTH $10,000 MORE THAN A TESLA MODEL Y?

8K views 58 replies 20 participants last post by  patmurphey 
Next month I will own my MMe for two years and while I have owned some really nice 'rides' the MMe is a great vehicle that I love driving. OK now subjective things like 'looks' aside are the features offered by Ford on the MMe worth $10K more than the Model Y with comparable features?
The politics of whether the rebate is good or bad or who should benefit from it, the recent price reduction of the Model Y + the near term $7500 fed rebate makes the Model Y a more competitively priced option for a vehicle that can be delivered w/in a very short window. If you like the features and the way the Model Y looks and feels, then by all means go for it vs. waiting on a more expensive MME. That said, I'm VERY happy w/my 2021 MME Premium and would still have chosen it over the Y.

I usually take dealers out of the equation. For two reasons, Tesla has no dealer network (at least not in TX) and with BEVs still new, most salesmen don't know anything about them (they barely know about the ICE vehicles). The $var does play into the decision process. It's never a good feeling to be the person who bought either a Tesla or MME a week before the price cut. I doubt anyone (especially the Ford dealers) knew it was coming and both Ford and Tesla are not doing themselves any favors by not honoring the price cut for those who just bought one a week prior.

I certainly would NOT pay a premium over list. The big reason Tesla cut their prices was so that the buyers could take advantage of the tax credit. Ford responded to remain competitive. In the past dealers would offer a rebate which effectively is the same as reducing the MSRP, if for only a defined period of time.

In the end, assuming the price differences are not too significant, and the buyer likes both cars, I would purchase the one that is most available at the present time. Ford is still working its way through its backlog of orders. I suspect that by Q4, 2023 MME's will become significantly more available and the delivery time measured in 4 - 8 weeks. I believe Ford is only making MMEs to order and dealers will not have an inventory from which to choose (I think this is a good thing and will become the industry standard).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.