Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Point of information:

The Model Y MSRP is $52,990 less Federal Tax Credit of $7,500, to you the buyer $45,490 and delivery within 30 to 45 days or less.

A comparable to the Model Y is the Premium LR AWD, with a MSRP of $66,275 and delivery unknown.

My math calculates that the difference is $20,785 not $10,000.

So my answer would be "No the MachE is not worth $20,000 more than a Model Y"
Definitely.

· Registered
133 Posts
Next month I will own my MMe for two years and while I have owned some really nice 'rides' the MMe is a great vehicle that I love driving. OK now subjective things like 'looks' aside are the features offered by Ford on the MMe worth $10K more than the Model Y with comparable features?
When I first used my MME through the winter last year the car had a lot of glitches throughout the systems and some were in the drive modes which had me very concerned. But since the ups updates from Ford with the blue Cruz and PAAK it seems to have fixed most of the issues. So now I am extremely happy with my car and enjoy riding it even in the winter. I also ended up being able to park it in a garage. I am renting nearby and plug it in using the 110 V, and it works very well. It's all the power I need for short trips.

Hopefully the oil and gas industry won't be able to be as effective in their doubting advertisements about Evies as they have in climate change issues. The long range driving needs to have significantly improved infrastructure. Here in Chicago, Michigan has done a great job at increasing their electric charging, but to go west through the Dakotas or south through Mississippi is extremely difficult.

· Registered
12 Posts
When I first used my MME through the winter last year the car had a lot of glitches throughout the systems and some were in the drive modes which had me very concerned. But since the ups updates from Ford with the blue Cruz and PAAK it seems to have fixed most of the issues. So now I am extremely happy with my car and enjoy riding it even in the winter. I also ended up being able to park it in a garage. I am renting nearby and plug it in using the 110 V, and it works very well. It's all the power I need for short trips.

Hopefully the oil and gas industry won't be able to be as effective in their doubting advertisements about Evies as they have in climate change issues. The long range driving needs to have significantly improved infrastructure. Here in Chicago, Michigan has done a great job at increasing their electric charging, but to go west through the Dakotas or south through Mississippi is extremely difficult.
I have had my 2022 MME Premium for just under two months and about 1200 miles. Bottom line is major disappointment. Besides having to wait a year for delivery, the dealer was very poor and non-responsive too some issues. I have had. Had I known that waiting to 2023 would result in a major Tesla price cut and Tesla's being eligible for the tax incentive, I would have for waited. Even without the tax incentive, I would have been way ahead by waiting. I had almost forgotten that car salesman in general cannot be trusted. The software in the MME is very poor at best, and the available support is terrible. Seems like it would be safe for Ford to assume that if an MME owner is calling for support, they have already looked at the owner's manual. The range of the car is also very disappointing....
Interesting that in early 2022, the MME was highly rated, and now? Not!

· Registered
1,800 Posts
Not really...

I guess we will never see eye to eye on this but just remember that previously there was a $7500 tax credit available for every single EV sold except Tesla and GM with no limit on cost, income or manufacturer. That law was cancelled for non-North American manufacturers last August and replaced by the IRA for North American manufacturers without the 200,000-unit limit that shut off Tesla and GM. The IRA does two things: First it incentivizes North American manufacturing of Batteries and cars; and second it incentivizes purchasing EVs by bringing pricing closer to ICE cars. It also finally does put new caps on prices and income.

It is just as important for EV adoption for people making $200,000 to consider a Mach E a better deal than a BMW X3 or Audi Q5 as it is to let the $50,000 earner choose a Bolt EV for less than a Corolla. Maybe $300,000 is a higher family income limit than you would like, but in the California EV adoption capital of the US it is not unusual or considered excessive in the Bay Area or SOCAL.

(Read a little further and you will see that the median family income is about $80,000.)
but wasn't the price cap included in the new language for the tax credit from the beginning? The price cap would certainly encourage manufacturers to make more affordable evs.

· Registered
19 Posts
I have had my 2022 MME Premium for just under two months and about 1200 miles. Bottom line is major disappointment. Besides having to wait a year for delivery, the dealer was very poor and non-responsive too some issues. I have had. Had I known that waiting to 2023 would result in a major Tesla price cut and Tesla's being eligible for the tax incentive, I would have for waited. Even without the tax incentive, I would have been way ahead by waiting. I had almost forgotten that car salesman in general cannot be trusted. The software in the MME is very poor at best, and the available support is terrible. Seems like it would be safe for Ford to assume that if an MME owner is calling for support, they have already looked at the owner's manual. The range of the car is also very disappointing....
Interesting that in early 2022, the MME was highly rated, and now? Not!
I've had my MME Premium since early Oct. 4000 miles on it, and love every minute of it. Range is excellent, better than stated on paper; stereo is Phenomenal; one pedal driving a joy; power and handling are extrmely good considering it's a small SUV; seats are fantastic; software is not perfect, but very, very good, considering all that it offers- Apple CarPlay and streaming my Spotify at the top of the list, and PAAK an amazing innovation. Not sure how or you why you are so upset. It's a fantastic car.

· Registered
43 Posts
Dealers are still marking them up. My dealer has 7 on the lot, 3 more on the way, prices starting at $69k for a premium AWD, I think standard range. $10k over MSRP. Then in the fine print they offer $9k in incentives?

· Registered
37 Posts
I usually take dealers out of the equation. For two reasons, Tesla has no dealer network (at least not in TX) and with BEVs still new, most salesmen don't know anything about them (they barely know about the ICE vehicles). The $var does play into the decision process. It's never a good feeling to be the person who bought either a Tesla or MME a week before the price cut. I doubt anyone (especially the Ford dealers) knew it was coming and both Ford and Tesla are not doing themselves any favors by not honoring the price cut for those who just bought one a week prior.

I certainly would NOT pay a premium over list. The big reason Tesla cut their prices was so that the buyers could take advantage of the tax credit. Ford responded to remain competitive. In the past dealers would offer a rebate which effectively is the same as reducing the MSRP, if for only a defined period of time.

In the end, assuming the price differences are not too significant, and the buyer likes both cars, I would purchase the one that is most available at the present time. Ford is still working its way through its backlog of orders. I suspect that by Q4, 2023 MME's will become significantly more available and the delivery time measured in 4 - 8 weeks. I believe Ford is only making MMEs to order and dealers will not have an inventory from which to choose (I think this is a good thing and will become the industry standard).

· Registered
8 Posts
I usually take dealers out of the equation. For two reasons, Tesla has no dealer network (at least not in TX) and with BEVs still new, most salesmen don't know anything about them (they barely know about the ICE vehicles). The $var does play into the decision process. It's never a good feeling to be the person who bought either a Tesla or MME a week before the price cut. I doubt anyone (especially the Ford dealers) knew it was coming and both Ford and Tesla are not doing themselves any favors by not honoring the price cut for those who just bought one a week prior.

I certainly would NOT pay a premium over list. The big reason Tesla cut their prices was so that the buyers could take advantage of the tax credit. Ford responded to remain competitive. In the past dealers would offer a rebate which effectively is the same as reducing the MSRP, if for only a defined period of time.

In the end, assuming the price differences are not too significant, and the buyer likes both cars, I would purchase the one that is most available at the present time. Ford is still working its way through its backlog of orders. I suspect that by Q4, 2023 MME's will become significantly more available and the delivery time measured in 4 - 8 weeks. I believe Ford is only making MMEs to order and dealers will not have an inventory from which to choose (I think this is a good thing and will become the industry standard).
TESLA did a price cut but did not offer discounts to prior orders
FORD is going to issue refunds to "early" purchases....

I love the look of my Mach-E but love the "tech/smarts" of the TESLA. If TESLA had a nice looking body... I probably would go for it. But with how they look (3 & Y)... ehh. For me the price did play a big factor when I ordered last Feb (22). If I were buying now... I probably would go for the "discounted" TESLA and hope it came in before the price flew up..

· Registered
1,800 Posts
Dealers are still marking them up. My dealer has 7 on the lot, 3 more on the way, prices starting at $69k for a premium AWD, I think standard range. $10k over MSRP. Then in the fine print they offer $9k in incentives?
I would be surprised with the current lay of the land, that ADM would stand up thru negotiation. I'm thinking no, since supply is coming in and price cuts as well

· Registered
2,409 Posts
It's definitely a bad comparison. The far more appropriate comparison is with the Y vs. Select with ERB which prices out nearly the same. The Y at his price point is the base model with zero upgrades.
You are repeating yourself - your post #39

I think you may be the only one that does not think the comparison to the Model Y is the MachE premium LR AWD .

· Premium Member
2022 GT, Red-metallic
122 Posts
Nonsense! Only the Premium AWD extended range remotely compares to the Y. Tesla does not do "base" model Ys.
Just look at the Tesla website : Tesla Y
Right now the choices are model Y "Long Range" = 330 mi range / 0-60 in 4.8s (closest equiv = MME Performance ER AWD) and the "Performance" = 303 mi range / 0-60 in 3.5s (closest equiv MME = GTPE).

41 - 59 of 59 Posts