Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,946 Posts
Speaking of availability, my original Star White Premium RWD/ER reserved a year ago has been built and is due to be delivered to Friendly Ford of Las Vegas between 2 April and 8 April. I opted not to wait when a twin was offered to me 18 Feb. So if anyone is not looking to wait and can get to Vegas it should be available albeit not for long.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Currently the only Mach-E being delivered have been pre-ordered. My salesperson said that dealers will be marking them up another $5,000 for future sales. To me, it reflects a demand exceeding supply. That being said, EVs will not be a high volume car for the masses until their net cost becomes less than $30,000.
But not so where I am. I just test drove a Silver Premium AWD ER that came in for a custom order and the customer backed out. But 2 more “unclaimed” are on the road to the dealer now and I’m looking at the Infinite Blue Premium AWD with standard battery. Was told there is no wait list for these two.
Pretty excited by the test drive. I have a C-Max Energi that is hard to complain about - just a little small and getting old at 5 years. It’s worth trading up to the MME, right?

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,684 Posts
But not so where I am. I just test drove a Silver Premium AWD ER that came in for a custom order and the customer backed out. But 2 more “unclaimed” are on the road to the dealer now and I’m looking at the Infinite Blue Premium AWD with standard battery. Was told there is no wait list for these two.
Pretty excited by the test drive. I have a C-Max Energi that is hard to complain about - just a little small and getting old at 5 years. It’s worth trading up to the MME, right?
Those who predicted ADM and unavailability of the MME has been proven wrong.

Nearly every dealer has MME in stock for immediate delivery. Nearly all accept X-Plan pricing.

While others vehemently disagree, IMO the failure of Ford to offer a competitive RCL is one of the reasons so many MME were not converted into orders.. The monthly payments on either straight financing or under the Option Plan, for a car that after the FTC of $7,500 as compared to other similarly priced EV's is still quite high.

I still predict by the fall Ford, in order to move inventory will offer a competitive RCL, just as Tesla did on the MY and/or incentives.

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Those who predicted ADM and unavailability of the MME has been proven wrong.

Nearly every dealer has MME in stock for immediate delivery. Nearly all accept X-Plan pricing.

While others vehemently disagree, IMO the failure of Ford to offer a competitive RCL is one of the reasons so many MME were not converted into orders.. The monthly payments on either straight financing or under the Option Plan, for a car that after the FTC of $7,500 as compared to other similarly priced EV's is still quite high.

I still predict by the fall Ford, in order to move inventory will offer a competitive RCL, just as Tesla did on the MY and/or incentives.
Won't comment on future financing and/or incentives but I just read that the average time on the lot for a MMe is 5 days also all of the financing details were in print on line by Ford from the start with exception of adding a RCL.
Ford allowed a two vehicle online reservation which could account for some "no shows" and Tesla has averaged a historical 12% cancellation rate on reservations (TBD on the Cyber Truck) so at this point cancellations on the MMe are not an unusual or unexpected occurrence.
So IMNSHO with the exception of some who were hoping things would change, Ford stated up front what they were planning with regards to financing and price (except the $1000 to $3000 discounts) and stuck to their plan. As to what the future will bring, "the only constant is change"

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Won't comment on future financing and/or incentives but I just read that the average time on the lot for a MMe is 5 days also all of the financing details were in print on line by Ford from the start with exception of adding a RCL.
Ford allowed a two vehicle online reservation which could account for some "no shows" and Tesla has averaged a historical 12% cancellation rate on reservations (TBD on the Cyber Truck) so at this point cancellations on the MMe are not an unusual or unexpected occurrence.
So IMNSHO with the exception of some who were hoping things would change, Ford stated up front what they were planning with regards to financing and price (except the $1000 to $3000 discounts) and stuck to their plan. As to what the future will bring, "the only constant is change"
Bob, as you and I both know, all the details on financing were not printed by Ford.

If you remember, the Option Plan was originally proposed, without setting forth the details, as a "lease alternative".

It was until many, many months later, after many of us converted reservations to orders that Ford changed the Option Plan from a lease alternative to "Financing Option". Initially we did not know:

• the interest rate
  • the balloon as a percentage of MSRP.
In was not until late in 2020 that we learned that the RCL would not contain as a cap cost reduction the FTC and that the interest rate would be above 5%.

I distinctly remember a poster going over the lease details and his salesman saying after looking at the numbers, "No one will lease the MME".

I have no idea of the cancellation rate for the Model Y, but I am not aware of being able to go Tesla today and drive out tomorrow with a Model Y - which you can do with the MME. My dealer, and I believe many other dealers as well, has had available for sale my FE over 6 weeks - if you want it you can get it immediately.

Let's see how this plays out: you are of the opinion that to sell as many MME as Ford producers, Ford will not have to offer either a competitive lease and/or incentives. Tesla originally thought the same with the Model Y.

With many new models coming in the next six months, I think all that will have to change. Once a main line manufacture offers leases with the FTC as a cap cost reduction, Ford will be alone in requiring its buyers to actually purchase rather than lease their cars.

IMO, the monthly difference between the Option Plan and leases on competitor cars with the FTC in the lease as a cap cost reduction will be too great and Ford will then have to offer a competitive RCL.

·
Registered
280 Posts
This is typical for Ford with a new vehicle. They won't offer a competitive lease until lot times go up considerably from where they are, likely closer to 30 days.

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Bob, as you and I both know, all the details on financing were not printed by Ford.
I tracked the Financing/Option Plan/ RCL comparisons on Ford.com long before my reservation to order date arrived. It clearly stated that the Option Plan, you were the owner and were eligible for the Fed Tax credit they also stated the the RCL was not subject to the Fed but since Ford had offered it before it was a hopeful possibility.

In was not until late in 2020 that we learned that the RCL would not contain as a cap cost reduction the FTC and that the interest rate would be above 5%.
Correct, however when I spoke with my dealer regarding the rates, he was up front that they are Regional and change regularly so if there isn't a special incentive offered it isn't published. He also stated that as a new and "high demand" vehicle he wasn't hopeful that the RCL would be a viable alternative to financing a purchase.
you are of the opinion that to sell as many MME as Ford producers, Ford will not have to offer either a competitive lease and/or incentives. Tesla originally thought the same with the Model Y.
I went back and reviewed my post and I am unable to see where I stated that "Ford will not have to offer either a competitive lease and/or incentives."
In as much as I live in one of the four areas where the Option plan is not available, I agree that I was disappointed with the RCL not offering a Cap reduction and a better rate. However, I wasn't surprised because it seemed obvious that Ford wanted to offer the Option plan as a Mach-E only replacement for the RCL for reasons only Ford knows and we can only speculate.
As I stated, I have no idea what Ford's future plans for the MMe will be with regards to incentives and financing. If past practices continue then there is a reasonable expectation that there will be some changes from the current terms. However, since I decided not to wait another year "on the Come" and I just had one of the most enjoyable 776 mile round trips in recent memory "Que sera, sera"

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I tracked the Financing/Option Plan/ RCL comparisons on Ford.com long before my reservation to order date arrived. It clearly stated that the Option Plan, you were the owner and were eligible for the Fed Tax credit they also stated the the RCL was not subject to the Fed but since Ford had offered it before it was a hopeful possibility.

Correct, however when I spoke with my dealer regarding the rates, he was up front that they are Regional and change regularly so if there isn't a special incentive offered it isn't published. He also stated that as a new and "high demand" vehicle he wasn't hopeful that the RCL would be a viable alternative to financing a purchase.

I went back and reviewed my post and I am unable to see where I stated that "Ford will not have to offer either a competitive lease and/or incentives."
In as much as I live in one of the four areas where the Option plan is not available, I agree that I was disappointed with the RCL not offering a Cap reduction and a better rate. However, I wasn't surprised because it seemed obvious that Ford wanted to offer the Option plan as a Mach-E only replacement for the RCL for reasons only Ford knows and we can only speculate.
As I stated, I have no idea what Ford's future plans for the MMe will be with regards to incentives and financing. If past practices continue then there is a reasonable expectation that there will be some changes from the current terms. However, since I decided not to wait another year "on the Come" and I just had one of the most enjoyable 776 mile round trips in recent memory "Que sera, sera"
I do not want to go back and forth:

Initially the Option Plan was offered as a lease alternative in order that the FTC would go to the buyer;

• We then discovered this was all BS: Jaguar and BMW had along been offering leases with the FTC as a cap cost reduction. So if Ford wanted to they could have a lease and the FTC could also benefit the lessee.
  • We only learned much latter on that the balloon was about 44% and we all said BS again: with a balloon of 44% the Option Plan was not lease alternative. If you remember, you agreed when I said the Option Plan was nothing more than a "deferred purchase plan"
  • Later on in their web site Ford changed the Option Plan from a lease alternative to a "Financing Option" - confirming what most of us already knew that the Option Plan was not a lease alternative.
As to whether the RCL was a viable alternative, I hope with tongue in cheek: Never, in nearly 40 years of leasing have I have seen the monthly payments under a lease that were more than the monthly payments under a finance plan!

Of course you and I know why Ford is not offering a competitive RCL. With a lease, the risk of depreciation is on the lessor. When you buy, the risk of depreciation is on the buyer. Ford feels at the present time there is strong enough demand for the MME that they Ford do not have to take on the risk of depreciation. I have previously posted and I say once again, if Ford who has built and engineered the MME and surely knows more about the MME than all of us combined on this Forum, is not willing to take on the risk of depreciation than I think it is extremely foolish of me to take on a risk that Ford is not willing to take on.

Unlike so many on this Forum who are trading in or coming out of 15 year old cars, with hundred of thousands of miles on them, where the MME is a huge step upwards, I am in a completely different situation. My wife is presently driving a 2018 Ford Edge Sport with 13,000 miles on it. The lease is not up until September. For her the MME is a lateral move. The lease on my 2019 Mercedes E450 is not up until December. I have only 18,000 miles on the MB. I do not need another third car. I can wait. For me the MME is a step down from my present car.

Finally, I can afford to write a check for the MME, but I prefer a new car every three years and want to drive a car only under the manufacturer warranty. For me leasing is the only way to go.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I do not want to go back and forth:

Initially the Option Plan was offered as a lease alternative in order that the FTC would go to the buyer;

• We then discovered this was all BS: Jaguar and BMW had along been offering leases with the FTC as a cap cost reduction. So if Ford wanted to they could have a lease and the FTC could also benefit the lessee.
  • We only learned much latter on that the balloon was about 44% and we all said BS again: with a balloon of 44% the Option Plan was not lease alternative. If you remember, you agreed when I said the Option Plan was nothing more than a "deferred purchase plan"
  • Later on in their web site Ford changed the Option Plan from a lease alternative to a "Financing Option" - confirming what most of us already knew that the Option Plan was not a lease alternative.
As to whether the RCL was a viable alternative, I hope with tongue in cheek: Never, in nearly 40 years of leasing have I have seen the monthly payments under a lease that were more than the monthly payments under a finance plan!

Of course you and I know why Ford is not offering a competitive RCL. With a lease, the risk of depreciation is on the lessor. When you buy, the risk of depreciation is on the buyer. Ford feels at the present time there is strong enough demand for the MME that they Ford do not have to take on the risk of depreciation. I have previously posted and I say once again, if Ford who has built and engineered the MME and surely knows more about the MME than all of us combined on this Forum, is not willing to take on the risk of depreciation than I think it is extremely foolish of me to take on a risk that Ford is not willing to take on.

Unlike so many on this Forum who are trading in or coming out of 15 year old cars, with hundred of thousands of miles on them, where the MME is a huge step upwards, I am in a completely different situation. My wife is presently driving a 2018 Ford Edge Sport with 13,000 miles on it. The lease is not up until September. For her the MME is a lateral move. The lease on my 2019 Mercedes E450 is not up until December. I have only 18,000 miles on the MB. I do not need another third car. I can wait. For me the MME is a step down from my present car.

Finally, I can afford to write a check for the MME, but I prefer a new car every three years and want to drive a car only under the manufacturer warranty. For me leasing is the only way to go.
Repeat after me: Ford is not a luxury car brand which is dependent on leasing. Ford will offer a competitive lease when they feel it necessary to sell vehicles. This is not a conspiracy against JTK44.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Repeat after me: Ford is not a luxury car brand which is dependent on leasing. Ford will offer a competitive lease when they feel it necessary to sell vehicles. This is not a conspiracy against JTK44.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Really appreciate your thoughtfulness.

When you price a car as a luxury car, position a car as a luxury vs. Tesla, you have a Luxury car and people, at least I do, expect a luxury car experience which includes competitive leasing.

Never did I say there is a conspiracy. But at some point you have to wonder why there are all these "sold out" "non available" FE suddenly available for sale at dealerships? A lot of prospective buyers have walked from their FE. My dealer has not been able to sell mine for nearly 6 weeks.

Let's see what happens in a few months when there will be true luxury EV's from Mercedes, BMW and Audi where the monthly lease payments will be substantially lower the monthly payments on the Option Plan.

·
Registered
282 Posts

When you price a car as a luxury car, position a car as a luxury vs. Tesla, you have a Luxury car and people, at least I do, expect a luxury car experience which includes competitive leasing.

Never did I say there is a conspiracy. But at some point you have to wonder why there are all these "sold out" "non available" FE suddenly available for sale at dealerships? A lot of prospective buyers have walked from their FE. My dealer has not been able to sell mine for nearly 6 weeks.

Let's see what happens in the a few months when there will be true luxury EV's from Mercedes, BMW and Audi where the monthly lease payments will be substantially lower the monthly payments on the Option Plan.
I'd argue neither a model 3 nor a model y are luxury cars, nor for that matter the mach e. They're certainly not priced like "luxury" EVs. Stop putting them in with BMW Audi, the E.Tron STARTS at $65k. You're trying to draw an apples/orange comparison.

·
Registered
280 Posts

Let's see what happens in a few months when there will be true luxury EV's from Mercedes, BMW and Audi where the monthly lease payments will be substantially lower the monthly payments on the Option Plan.
A lot of people have had significant changes to their financial situation and transportation needs over the last year. I’m sure some, like you, also walked away for other reasons.

As for expectations, I expected an excellent BEV with good performance and I got that. I had no illusions about Ford suddenly morphing into Audi or Lexus.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I'd argue neither a model 3 nor a model y are luxury cars, nor for that matter the mach e. They're certainly not priced like "luxury" EVs. Stop putting them in with BMW Audi, the E.Tron STARTS at $65k. You're trying to draw an apples/orange comparison.
One last time:

The MME Premium AWD LR after the FTC of $7,500 is a $50,000 car.

After normal discounting that is basically the same price as an Audi A4, BMW 3 series Mercedes C Class and substantially more than the Lexus ES.

I think everyone would agree these cars from Audi, BMW, Mercedes and Lexus are considered luxury. All of these cars lease out for substantially less the monthly payment for the MME under the Option Plan.

Forget about the Audi Etron: Audi has: these cars are sitting on dealer's lots, with $20,000 discounts begging for buyers. Ditto the Jaguar IPace. These are old models, Turkeys that no one wants.

In the fall, the competition will be the Aud Q4 Etron, the Mercedes EQC and BMW I4. Everyone of those cars will be offered with leases - where the monthly payment will be less on the MME Option Plan.

Although not in the same category as the Audi, BMW and MB, the leases on the Volvo and VW will also substantially undercut the monthly payments of the MME under the Option Plan.

This is not rocket science: a competitive lease with a residual of 55% to 58%, interest rates of 2.5%, FTC included as a cap cost reduction will always have cheaper monthly payments than an Option Plan where the balloon is 42%. The sales tax on a lease, in most states, sum of the monthly payments will always be several thousands less than on the Option Plan where the tax is on the purchase price.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The Nightmare scenario for those of us who took delivery in the US is a MME supply glut in the Fall, the dream scenario is every single future build MME from Cuautitlan to ships outside of the US. The likely is somewhere in between and and it all depends on the global competitive landscape. 50K ain't a whole lot of cars for Ford (for reference Ford sells close to 1M F150s in a good year). The first lever Ford pulls before any discounts is to shift additional shipments to Canada, Europe or elsewhere. Only when there excess GLOBAL inventory, Ford will start discounting.

For the US, in Jan the MME was 4 days to sell (4 days on dealer lots), In Feb that jumped to 7 days. C8 Corvette is 13 days. The MME has a LONG ways to go before any discounts kick in. This could and will change... but I don't think days to turn will ever approach 30 for the MME in 2021.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The Nightmare scenario for those of us who took delivery in the US is a MME supply glut in the Fall, the dream scenario is every single future build MME from Cuautitlan to ships outside of the US. The likely is somewhere in between and and it all depends on the global competitive landscape. 50K ain't a whole lot of cars for Ford (for reference Ford sells close to 1M F150s in a good year). The first lever Ford pulls before any discounts is to shift additional shipments to Canada, Europe or elsewhere. Only when there excess GLOBAL inventory, Ford will start discounting.

For the US, in Jan the MME was 4 days to sell (4 days on dealer lots), In Feb that jumped to 7 days. C8 Corvette is 13 days. The MME has a LONG ways to go before any discounts kick in. This could and will change... but I don't think days to turn will ever approach 30 for the MME in 2021.
Maybe I am missing something:

In the US the FTC is what makes the MME competitive with Tesla. Without the FTC the MME is not competitive with the Model Y. Add in the fact that there are no leases on the MME vs. the Model Y.

In Europe the MME will not have the FTC advantage. There will be many cars that will lease out for far less and cost less than the MME.

So without the FTC how do you see the scenario that demand for the MME will be so great especially against lesser costing EV's in Europe.

I just do not see it: if you cannot sell in the US so you divert cars to Europe???

As to 30 days: they are here already for FE on dealer's lots. Of course the FE MSRP vs. the Premium LR AWD is a $3,600 premium which very few are willing to pay. That premium hurts sales.

There is a waiting list for the new Corvette: those on dealer's lots have substantial ADM.

I have compared the MME to the BMW 3 series, Audi A4 and the MB C class. $50,000 is a luxury car. Compare apples to apples.

You have to compare the F150 to its competition the Dodge RAM and Chevy Silverado - not the MME.

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Of course the FE MSRP vs. the Premium LR AWD is a $3,600 premium which very few are willing to pay. That premium hurts sales.
Maybe I'm missing something in this discussion but we're talking maybe 3000 to 5000 units and everyone who reserved the FE knew what the price was going to be except for the $1000 discount that Ford later announced. So if price was an issue why reserve an FE, you reserved the FE, was being first worth $3600 or was it possibly that you originally liked the idea of a limited edition model? Even though "being first" didn't materialize, still many on this forum switched to FE's when they extended the reservation time frame. It may be that many buyers simply liked the vehicle and decided the $3600 'premium' was worth paying to have an FE, others did not.
One last point I've owned a Benz 450 SL, BMW 335, Caddy 'V', Jag 'F', Audi S5 and since I took delivery of my ordered MMe, not for one moment have I felt that the MMe is a "step down" except for the price which is far less even without the FTC than the aforementioned vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Maybe I am missing something:

In the US the FTC is what makes the MME competitive with Tesla. Without the FTC the MME is not competitive with the Model Y. Add in the fact that there are no leases on the MME vs. the Model Y.

In Europe the MME will not have the FTC advantage. There will be many cars that will lease out for far less and cost less than the MME.

So without the FTC how do you see the scenario that demand for the MME will be so great especially against lesser costing EV's in Europe.

I just do not see it: if you cannot sell in the US so you divert cars to Europe???

As to 30 days: they are here already for FE on dealer's lots. Of course the FE MSRP vs. the Premium LR AWD is a $3,600 premium which very few are willing to pay. That premium hurts sales.

There is a waiting list for the new Corvette: those on dealer's lots have substantial ADM.

I have compared the MME to the BMW 3 series, Audi A4 and the MB C class. $50,000 is a luxury car. Compare apples to apples.

You have to compare the F150 to its competition the Dodge RAM and Chevy Silverado - not the MME.
The price is not compelling to you, we all understand that. For some, it is not an issue. We must all accept opinions will differ on the topic.

How I see it: The $50k range MSRP for a BEV is just that, they just cost more to make at the present time. It should not be compared it to an ICE price, or another manufacturer having to sell their BEV at a loss just to move cars off the lot. If someone thinks the Audi at a huge discount is a good deal compared to the MMe, I’m sure Audi will be happy to sell one.

While the MMe is hot, Ford is taking this time to recoup additional development costs while the MMe still qualifies for the Federal tax credit. You cannot blame them for leveraging the situation in their favor. Unlike dealer ADM, Ford had no bait-and-switch with the MSRP.

There may be a few MMe for sale on lots here and there, but inventory is so low it will not affect the price any time soon. Some units for sale are just not in the right location to meet the demand.

If someone wants the MMe at a cheaper price than MSRP, check back next Spring. Ford has plenty of overseas and GT orders to keep the assembly line busy until then. (Or, we may see a small discount on the slightly used FCTP units when they go up for sale this summer)

when the FTC is restored for Tesla sometime this year, or—at latest—the next, Ford may have to rethink its strategy for the MMe. At the least, increase the value proposition by adding content, justifying the higher price.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
50000 units is nothing sold across US, Canada, EU, UK... Even China. Demand doesn't have to be all that strong to roll through production. Ford may have incentives in the Fall but I don't think they'll be significant. We'll know soon enough. Hard to believe the 2022 model year is just around the corner.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something in this discussion but we're talking maybe 3000 to 5000 units and everyone who reserved the FE knew what the price was going to be except for the $1000 discount that Ford later announced. So if price was an issue why reserve an FE, you reserved the FE, was being first worth $3600 or was it possibly that you originally liked the idea of a limited edition model? Even though "being first" didn't materialize, still many on this forum switched to FE's when they extended the reservation time frame. It may be that many buyers simply liked the vehicle and decided the $3600 'premium' was worth paying to have an FE, others did not.
One last point I've owned a Benz 450 SL, BMW 335, Caddy 'V', Jag 'F', Audi S5 and since I took delivery of my ordered MMe, not for one moment have I felt that the MMe is a "step down" except for the price which is far less even without the FTC than the aforementioned vehicles.
Yes, with all due respect, you are missing something:

The original "Up charge" for the FE was only $1,600. On a lease with a 60% residual, based on my prior experience with Ford RCL I expected for 7.500 miles, 36 months a 40% residual, (turned out to be 58%) the monthly addition cost is less than $20 a month.

If you go back to posts this time last year, all of us predicted FE first, then premium then select. No one expected the cheapest model, the select with the lowest profit margins to be produced ahead of either the FE or the Premium.

So for $20 a month you would be the first kid on the block with the new Mustang! At the time it seemed like it was worth it.

Then, even before the Option Plan and Lease were announced, there were reductions that increased the delta from $1,600 to $3,600.

Many of us could not understand the price difference and I believe you may have even commented that because Ford did not reduce the FE, that maybe there would be special incentives in the Option Plan for the FE.

The $3,600, with a 40% residual now came out to $45 a month extra.

Still doable with special incentives for the FE.

But we all know what happened:

• Not only did the Premium hit the dealers before the FE but so did the cheapest model the Select.
  • My "First Edition" was delivered to my dealer months after select models were delivered
  • The "First Edition" turned out to be nothing more than a "Special Edition"
Then we found out there were no special incentives for the FE under the Option Plan and the leases were non competitive.

In retrospect:

1. If back in November 2019 Ford had announced that FE was not going to be first production, I would never have reserved one. I would have saved the $1,600, later $3,600, and reserved the Premium AWD LR
  2. If back in November Ford, unlike every other manufacturer, had announced that the FTC was not going to put into the lease as a cap cost reduction I would not have reserved a MME
  3. When Ford announced that under the Option Plan that the balloon was going to be 42% and not 55% as in a normal lease I would not have reserved a MME. Remember when we first noticed that the balloon was 42% many thought this was an error!
I will leave to you decide if the interior, the over quality of fit and materials, and most importantly the ride of the MME is equivalent to the cars you mentioned.

From everything I have read, I have not heard a favorable comparison of the MME with these luxury models - only that the fit and finish was better than the Model Y but the Model Y might have had an even better ride.

I have driven a Model Y: while a good car, it does not compare to the quality interior and ride comfort of an Audi A4, BMW 3 series or MB C Class. The wind noise alone of the Model Y borders on unacceptable.

I have read numerous complaints about the panoramic and wind noise as well.

The bottom line: if you disparately want an EV, cannot wait, do not mind owning as opposed to leasing, then the MME makes sense. But if you only are willing to lease there are far better choices out there, both ICE and EV's than the MME.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts