Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Grabber Blue GT w/Pano Roof. Reserved March 2021, Ordered April 2021, Still Waiting.....
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this is a duplicate post - I thought I put this in the GT forum, but I can't find it.
After nine months and two attempts at the dealership, I finally have possession of my GT! It's glorious - a smooth, fast, exhilarating ride, truly a joy to drive. It's gorgeous, inside and out. Interior is refined, understated, and luxurious - unlike any other Mustang I've seen. Still figuring stuff out. Software seems a little glitchy. Fairly intuitive but doesn't seem to want to save my settings, at least in the first attempts. I hope the performance continues - I have a (irrational?) fear of the 12v dying on me, and other issues people have seem to had. Also paranoid about chipping the beautiful blue paint. Hopefully with time, these anxieties will pass and I'll fully enjoy what is truly the most beautiful car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Apologies if this is a duplicate post - I thought I put this in the GT forum, but I can't find it.
After nine months and two attempts at the dealership, I finally have possession of my GT! It's glorious - a smooth, fast, exhilarating ride, truly a joy to drive. It's gorgeous, inside and out. Interior is refined, understated, and luxurious - unlike any other Mustang I've seen. Still figuring stuff out. Software seems a little glitchy. Fairly intuitive but doesn't seem to want to save my settings, at least in the first attempts. I hope the performance continues - I have a (irrational?) fear of the 12v dying on me, and other issues people have seem to had. Also paranoid about chipping the beautiful blue paint. Hopefully with time, these anxieties will pass and I'll fully enjoy what is truly the most beautiful car I have ever owned. View attachment 7185 View attachment 7186 View attachment 7187
OMG so gorgeous! I hope you have no issues and enjoy every moment!
I also hope I am right behind you, tomorrow ❤
And then you can enlighten me technologically.

·
Registered
137 Posts
After nine months and two attempts at the dealership, I finally have possession of my GT!
Gorgeous Color - so glad i chose it for my Premium AWD X - due sometime in March

• Love
Reactions: GrayWolf and Kitten

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
congratulations!! So the dealer figured out options financing? I know you'd said that was a roadblock yesterday

·
Registered
Grabber Blue GT w/Pano Roof. Reserved March 2021, Ordered April 2021, Still Waiting.....
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
congratulations!! So the dealer figured out options financing? I know you'd said that was a roadblock yesterday
Kinda. Had to call Ford Credit to confirm my numbers were right, but still had a monthly payment of over $200 more/month than what my calculations were showing. BC (and I apologize if you've read this before, I've posted the story in a few places already) although I qualified for the offered 1.4% interest rate, the GM was giving me 3.4% to make his reserve. Which I didn't know until I got there the second time to sign the papers. By that point, I was done arguing and had already decided if he gave me a crappy interest rate, I'd take it, sign, and refi elsewhere or pay off immediately. I'm pissed and will let everyone around here know not to deal with them. I told my salesman, who seemed straightforward and irritated that the GM was doing this (or maybe he was just sick of me) that it was awfully shortsighted, given this is my 7th Ford vehicle and I have an electric F-150 on reserve at this dealership (which I will be moving to another dealership).

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Kinda. Had to call Ford Credit to confirm my numbers were right, but still had a monthly payment of over $200 more/month than what my calculations were showing. BC (and I apologize if you've read this before, I've posted the story in a few places already) although I qualified for the offered 1.4% interest rate, the GM was giving me 3.4% to make his reserve. Which I didn't know until I got there the second time to sign the papers. By that point, I was done arguing and had already decided if he gave me a crappy interest rate, I'd take it, sign, and refi elsewhere or pay off immediately. I'm pissed and will let everyone around here know not to deal with them. I told my salesman, who seemed straightforward and irritated that the GM was doing this (or maybe he was just sick of me) that it was awfully shortsighted, given this is my 7th Ford vehicle and I have an electric F-150 on reserve at this dealership (which I will be moving to another dealership).
Amazingly shabby treatment that you received in this whole debacle. and have to admit I don't understand how he could jack up the rate from 1/4% that you were approved for. But I think the experience shows why car dealers in general are some of most disliked people on the planet. You can certainly refinance and get a better rate somewhere else.

I'm guessing the dealer did all this hoping you'd walk away from it so he could sell it to a walk in with a substantial ADM>

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Amazingly shabby treatment that you received in this whole debacle. and have to admit I don't understand how he could jack up the rate from 1/4% that you were approved for. But I think the experience shows why car dealers in general are some of most disliked people on the planet. You can certainly refinance and get a better rate somewhere else.

I'm guessing the dealer did all this hoping you'd walk away from it so he could sell it to a walk in with a substantial ADM>
Interestingly, I have a voicemail and an email yesterday from the finance manager (Not the GM who was guy who was jerking me around)j saying he had "some exciting news for me after speaking with Ford Credit." I haven't called him back but I'm guessing I'm all of a sudden ok'd for the 1.4% rate (bc my salesman probably let it be known what my plan was).

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha! They just called back and I was right - 1.4% They said they talked it over and the "3.4% doesn't benefit the dealership as much as we thought it would and we want to do the right thing and make you happy and have you be a repeat customer." Uh huh. I told them "Thanks. And I'm guessing the 3.4% really wouldn't benefit the dealership when I paid off the loan immediately, so this just makes good sense all around doesn't it?" Welcome to 3 days (or nine months) ago, a- 😅 holes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ha! They just called back and I was right - 1.4% They said they talked it over and the "3.4% doesn't benefit the dealership as much as we thought it would and we want to do the right thing and make you happy and have you be a repeat customer." Uh huh. I told them "Thanks. And I'm guessing the 3.4% really wouldn't benefit the dealership when I paid off the loan immediately, so this just makes good sense all around doesn't it?" Welcome to 3 days (or nine months) ago, a- 😅 holes.
Might be more to do with the Ford Memo warning dealers not to tip the pot in their favor or lose their allocation of F-150 Lightnings
Ford is very keen to keep the MME cheaper than a Tesla Model Y and tomfoolery by Dealerships rocks that boat.

That said, glad you got what you wanted.

Reactions: GrayWolf and Kitten

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's a CAR, FerCryinOutLoud . . . Drive it and ENJOY!!

I just got my Premium right before Christmas and I love it! View attachment 7188
It may be a car, but a very expensive car, I’m like kitten. I’m wrapping mine immediately. All my vehicles are my babies, otherwise I’d drive a corolla or civic, no wait a Yugo. enjoy it while taking care of it.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
well regardless of whether the dealer all of a sudden became altruistic, bottom line you came away with the rate you originally planned for. But very shoddy on the dealer's part

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,193 Posts
It may be a car, but a very expensive car, I’m like kitten. I’m wrapping mine immediately. All my vehicles are my babies, otherwise I’d drive a corolla or civic, no wait a Yugo. enjoy it while taking care of it.
"No wait a Yugo"
Now Now the Yugo comes from a long line of Zastava's which were licensed by Fiat. Oh, on second thought, you're correct:unsure:😟
PS: The yellow car in my profile is a made in the former Yugoslavia, Zastava which was a copy of the Fiat 500

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
After nine months and two attempts at the dealership, I finally have possession of my GT! It's glorious - a smooth, fast, exhilarating ride, truly a joy to drive. It's gorgeous, inside and out. Interior is refined, understated, and luxurious - unlike any other Mustang I've seen. Still figuring stuff out. Software seems a little glitchy. Fairly intuitive but doesn't seem to want to save my settings, at least in the first attempts. I hope the performance continues - I have a (irrational?) fear of the 12v dying on me, and other issues people have seem to had. Also paranoid about chipping the beautiful blue paint. Hopefully with time, these anxieties will pass and I'll fully enjoy what is truly the most beautiful car I have ever owned. View attachment 7185 View attachment 7186 View attachment 7187
Fantastic looking GT @Kitten! Congratulations and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
"No wait a Yugo"
Now Now the Yugo comes from a long line of Zastava's which were licensed by Fiat. Oh, on second thought, you're correct:unsure:😟
PS: The yellow car in my profile is a made in the former Yugoslavia, Zastava which was a copy of the Fiat 500
I didn't realize the yugoslavians made a fiat 500 under license.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,193 Posts
I didn't realize the yugoslavians made a fiat 500 under license.
I considered bringing a Zastava back to the US when I was posted to Zagreb, Croatia since they sold for "a song". The body style is slightly different from the 500 but it's components (for better or for worse) are Fiat
PS: The yellow one in my profile was a picture that I took in Kyiv, Ukraine outside of a market that was down the street from my flat.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Beautiful car! I hope you enjoy it and have his problem-free ownership as I have had on my premium. I have 12 thousand plus miles on it now and not one issue.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts