Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
A bit longer?
The vague wording of the new delivery time of 'early 2021' could easily be interpreted as March/ April 2021 if you care to. That would be almost half year delay on October 2020 I had indicated to me when I signed up.
Puts me in mind to start considering to pull my deposit.
p.s.
I always appreciated there can be delay due to covid-19 - but I don't appreciate that the email says ' ...you are front of the queue' - when I read that there is no delay planned for US customers. So, we are not 'front of queue' but in fact behind a long queue of everyone in the US! Some are more equal than others. Do not enjoy that sort of corporate BS.

Super Moderator
A bit longer?
The vague wording of the new delivery time of 'early 2021' could easily be interpreted as March/ April 2021 if you care to. That would be almost half year delay on October 2020 I had indicated to me when I signed up.
p.s.
I always appreciated there can be delay due to covid-19 - but I don't appreciate that the email says ' ...you are front of the queue' - when I read that there is no delay planned for US customers. So, we are not 'front of queue' but in fact behind a long queue of everyone in the US! Some are more equal than others. Do not enjoy that sort of corporate BS.
Ford said in recent interviews that they would try to make any production delays commensurate to the shutdown and restart times resulting from the Covid-19 crisis.
That said, there are many thrid-party players involved in making that happen. From part and battery suppliers, to the transportation of vehicles.
I have read that the delay to EU is not 鈥榳ho is more important鈥, it has to do with shipping the cars overseas in bulk. Whereas shipping to the US has more options available from Mexico.

US deliveries are scheduled for 鈥榣ate 2020鈥. That could be US Thanksgiving or even Christmas-time. which would mean you may see deliveries in EU in Jan and Feb.
I say hold on to your reservation a bit longer. Let鈥檚 see where things go as more data is available.

Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
A bit longer?
p.s.
Are the MACH E's scheduled for the UK Right Hand Drive?

Super Moderator
I thought that the first deliveries were abroad and not the US or is it just the Continent?
They were supposed to be at the same time, although it looked like the Netherlands would get them a bit early.
Now it will be the US end year, with EU early next.

Registered
MME Prime AWD ER Grey Carbonized
They were supposed to be at the same time, although it looked like the Netherlands would get them a bit early.
Now it will be the US end year, with EU early next.
Which seems logical, the super tankers docking in Rotterdam ...
Then you have to organize transfers to other countries ... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts