Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to create a thread for those of us that placed our orders in January 2022, where we can share updates on timelines of order dates, notification of production date, etc.

I ordered my 2022 Space White Premium Extended Range RWD on January 10, 2022.

I have not yet received a notification of my Mach E being scheduled for production, and I don't expect that I will be scheduled for production for quite some time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I placed my order for a Premium with AWD & extended range battery on January 5th. I received an email about 1/2 hour ago saying "your order has been updated for your 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E. Log in to your account to see your order details." When I went to my order, it was not updated with a scheduled production date or anything that I could identify so I have no idea what the email was referencing. One thing for sure is that I don't expect to get my car for several months. If life is fair, I will get it 5 days before you. Time (and likely, lots of it) will tell.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I placed my order for a Premium with AWD & extended range battery on January 5th. I received an email about 1/2 hour ago saying "your order has been updated for your 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E. Log in to your account to see your order details." When I went to my order, it was not updated with a scheduled production date or anything that I could identify so I have no idea what the email was referencing. One thing for sure is that I don't expect to get my car for several months. If life is fair, I will get it 5 days before you. Time (and likely, lots of it) will tell.
I got the exact same email 25 minutes ago, and had the same experience when I logged in to check. Very strange

·
Registered
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium - Extended Range RWD, Grabber Blue
10 Posts
I ordered my 2022 grabber blue Mach-E Premium RWD on 1/12/2022...and I just got the same email. It means your secondary status has been updated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wanted to create a thread for those of us that placed our orders in January 2022, where we can share updates on timelines of order dates, notification of production date, etc.

I ordered my 2022 Space White Premium Extended Range RWD on January 10, 2022.

I have not yet received a notification of my Mach E being scheduled for production, and I don't expect that I will be scheduled for production for quite some time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you VegasWeezy,
I was honestly shocked myself since I’ve been reading on here how there’s been no updates on the vehicle. There is no mark up from our chosen dealership, and was told there may be a $300-$400 price decrease from the salesman who submitted my order. Who knows how true that is especially after reading that there’s actually a price increase once your vin is issued. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Supposedly GT’s we’re getting priority according to another thread I read, they should respect by order placed in my opinion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
we ordered our AWD premium 2021 Mach E on February 12th, 2021.... fast forward to all the ford national customer service calls, the dealership calls, the marketing head quitters calls, no chip shortage email for our car, no "free money" to assist with future charging... and today March 7th 2022... we still have yet to receive our car.... its now been ETA shipping updated 5x and is physically sitting at a rail yard in Missouri... we live in Ohio.

A proud Ford family.... but we will never ever recommend this horrific Ford buying experience to another human being.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ordered 01/09/2022, Premium Ex RWD Dark Grey, and received and Initial build week of 03/07/2022, around 02/03/2022. However with that plant shutdown it was moved to week of 03/14/2022 and a couple days ago it was updated to a build date of 03/19/2022.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ordered 01/09/2022, Premium Ex RWD Dark Grey, and received and Initial build week of 03/07/2022, around 02/03/2022. However with that plant shutdown it was moved to week of 03/14/2022 and a couple days ago it was updated to a build date of 03/19/2022.
I'm sure the build date delays are frustrating, but at least you have been given a build date (even if it is 3x). I will be pleasantly surprised if I'm even notified by the end of May of a scheduled build date.

Where are you located? I'm curious because you were lucky enough to get a build date email in under 4 weeks from ordering. I'm thinking I should place an order with your dealership

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm sure the build date delays are frustrating, but at least you have been given a build date (even if it is 3x). I will be pleasantly surprised if I'm even notified by the end of May of a scheduled build date.

Where are you located? I'm curious because you were lucky enough to get a build date email in under 4 weeks from ordering. I'm thinking I should place an order with your dealership
I expected a delay by a week because of that shut down, however I was not to bothered since it was only a week and the switches to an actual day.

I'm in Oregon if you want to travel up here to order it 😆. Not sure what model trim you selected, however the Route 1 and Premium are no longer available to order right now, demand was too high.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm in Oregon if you want to travel up here to order it 😆. Not sure what model trim you selected, however the Route 1 and Premium are no longer available to order right now, demand was too high.
I had forgotten about the CA Rt1 and Premium trims being removed as order possibilities from Ford's site. I did order an Extended Range Premium. I guess I should have said maybe I could get my order transferred to your dealership. haha...It would be a long drive home with it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had forgotten about the CA Rt1 and Premium trims being removed as order possibilities from Ford's site. I did order an Extended Range Premium. I guess I should have said maybe I could get my order transferred to your dealership. haha...It would be a long drive home with it.
I would say it would be worth it 😆, not sure on the charging infrastructure on your route though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No updates on build week or VIN? Also did they take a copy of your driver's license and some other stuff for Ford? Supposed to done steps to validate your an actual consumer and not the dealer placing a bogus order to get more inventory.
No not yet. I placed my order online through the Ford website and picked SouthBay Ford as the dealer so no drivers license was asked for. I first went to Southbay Ford and they suggested I do it that way.

·
Registered
74 Posts
No not yet. I placed my order online through the Ford website and picked SouthBay Ford as the dealer so no drivers license was asked for. I first went to Southbay Ford and they suggested I do it that way.
The differences in the experiences is interesting. My dealership did the order with me over the phone, sent me the invoice to pay and had me send all my documents.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts