Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered a Mustang Mach-E PREMIUM Extended Range Battery - RWD from Galpin Ford on 1/16/22. No build date or useful info yet. Dealer says they don't even expect orders from late 2021 to arrive until Sept 2022 or so.

I left the order in place despite needing something before then.

Our credit union has an auto broker so I reached out to find something else in the meantime. They found a 2022 Mach-e CA Route 1 supposedly arriving within 3 -4 weeks at another dealer. Someone canceled that order so I said I'd take it. That was 3/1/22. I got the order number and called Ford directly. It hasn't even got a build date and they don't expect it to do so for a while.

I'm probably not going to see either of these until the Fall or Winter, right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered a Mustang Mach-E PREMIUM Extended Range Battery - RWD from Galpin Ford on 1/16/22. No build date or useful info yet. Dealer says they don't even expect orders from late 2021 to arrive until Sept 2022 or so.

Our credit union has an auto broker so I reached out to find something else in the meantime. They found a 2022 Mach-e CA Route 1 supposedly arriving within 3 -4 weeks at another dealer. Someone canceled that order so I said I'd take it. That was 3/1/22. I got the order number and called Ford directly. It hasn't even got a build date and they don't expect it to do so for a while.

I ordered from Galpin on 1/31/22 and I have also heard nothing about a production date. Galpin is telling me 7 month wait but I have a feeling it will be a lot longer. I was hoping that since they are the largest dealership in NA that they would get orders quicker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Follow up: Just heard from the dealer. The Route 1 that was ordered late Dec is being built now and expected to arrive mid-may.

Very excited.

Still no word on the Premium that was order 1/15.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ordered mine on 01/08/2022, built on 03/29/2022. Waiting for it to ship, not sure how long that process takes, however expected delivery date of 05/02 - 05/08.
NikNad Congrats! 🐎
Which Trim (model) & features did you order & from what city, state? Thank you.

My understanding, certain models move faster & dealers that aren’t so busy have quicker priority levels. I didn’t know this in January when I ordered from a busy dealership in town & their customers are having Long waiting periods for MME.

·
Registered
75 Posts
NikNad Congrats! 🐎
Which Trim (model) & features did you order & from what city, state? Thank you.

My understanding, certain models move faster & dealers that aren’t so busy have quicker priority levels. I didn’t know this in January when I ordered from a busy dealership in town & their customers are having Long waiting periods for MME.
Thank you, I'm trying to be patient, I want them to ship my car anyway lol

I got the Premium, RWD Ext Range in Dark Grey Metallic. I ordered it from Suburban Ford in Sandy, OR. I think there is something with the dealer and how they order it for you. I had to sign and send some docs to verify I'm an actual person, it helps put you further up in line I was told. The Rt 1 and Premiums were the highest demand.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thank you, I'm trying to be patient, I want them to ship my car anyway lol

I got the Premium, RWD Ext Range in Dark Grey Metallic. I ordered it from Suburban Ford in Sandy, OR. I think there is something with the dealer and how they order it for you. I had to sign and send some docs to verify I'm an actual person, it helps put you further up in line I was told. The Rt 1 and Premiums were the highest demand.
Wow, I also ordered the EXACT model, trim & color. Prem. RWD, Ext. Range in Dark Matter Grey. I also had to send my Driver’s Lic. To prove I was a real customer purchasing. It’s because many dealers are ordering to Mark Up. I know for a fact, my sales rep. Ordered (2) 2022’s in March when he found out they were going to stop taking orders. Did it under his GF & 1 for himself. But I think he’s planning to sell the 2nd.. My dealer in S. CA told me the avg. wait to get A BUILD DATE is 7 months after Initial order.😔 Being patient is hard but I am building more anticipation as the months pass..

I hope you get yours ON TIME, let us know!🙂
Oh ya, what color did you order the interior? I did the LIGHT/or Space Gray Ish, because when I initially ordered, I had ordered Ice White Pkg. But changed my mind to DMG & they only manually changed the Exterior but left the interior. Which I’m excited about. ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wow, I also ordered the EXACT model, trim & color. Prem. RWD, Ext. Range in Dark Matter Grey. I also had to send my Driver’s Lic. To prove I was a real customer purchasing. It’s because many dealers are ordering to Mark Up. I know for a fact, my sales rep. Ordered (2) 2022’s in March when he found out they were going to stop taking orders. Did it under his GF & 1 for himself. But I think he’s planning to sell the 2nd.. My dealer in S. CA told me the avg. wait to get A BUILD DATE is 7 months after Initial order.😔 Being patient is hard but I am building more anticipation as the months pass..

I hope you get yours ON TIME, let us know!🙂
Oh ya, what color did you order the interior? I did the LIGHT/or Space Gray Ish, because when I initially ordered, I had ordered Ice White Pkg. But changed my mind to DMG & they only manually changed the Exterior but left the interior. Which I’m excited about. ;)
I went with the dark interior, I prefer darker things on my car. I hate that dealerships do that, one of many reasons people hate them. My car is still awaiting shipment, however it's supposed to be here May 2nd - May 8th. I wonder if the it has something to do with the hold up with shipments from Mexico with whatever that Jamoke governor in Texas decided.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I'm scheduled!! I have a production date for the 5/30 build week, and I'm absolutely shocked. I didn't even receive an email update letting me know. I just happened to login to my Ford account and check, and was more than pleasantly surprised. There is actually a chance now that I will be driving my Mach E in 2022. So excited

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK, so original order Feb 9 - close enough to January! Black GT, not the Performance. ordered all the available options. So four emails from Ford so far:1) Feb 9 - order acknowledgement and accepted by dealer 2) March 1 - Order has been Updated - never did figure out what was updated 3) April 7 - Change in Order - just said there would be a delay 4) Today, April 26. Order has been updated. The Active Park Assist Prep Kit with $325 reduction in price. Was really hoping that today's mail was for a production date!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a red Mach-e Premium AWD w/ large battery last January 3rd, and received this email from Ford on March 18th:
Thanks again for placing your 2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium order. While we’ve been busy working to get your new vehicle into production, we’ve run into a few delays. Sometimes certain features or options can lengthen the time before a vehicle is scheduled for production. We know there’s a lot of anticipation when it comes to getting into a new vehicle, so we’ll make sure to keep you updated. Once your vehicle is ready to move into the production schedule, you’ll be hearing from us again.​
This was sent 3 weeks after Russia invaded Ukraine so it may be due to war-related supply chain issues. My original anticipated delivery was mid-July (+28 weeks) so I'll consider myself lucky if I get the car by October.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK, so original order Feb 9 - close enough to January! Black GT, not the Performance. ordered all the available options. So four emails from Ford so far:1) Feb 9 - order acknowledgement and accepted by dealer 2) March 1 - Order has been Updated - never did figure out what was updated 3) April 7 - Change in Order - just said there would be a delay 4) Today, April 26. Order has been updated. The Active Park Assist Prep Kit with $325 reduction in price. Was really hoping that today's mail was for a production date!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update - checked my online account and just saw Schedule for Production week of 6/20 - Black GT. Had received emails of all prior updates but no email on this one. Any idea anyone on timing from Production to delivery?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Update - checked my online account and just saw Schedule for Production week of 6/20 - Black GT. Had received emails of all prior updates but no email on this one. Any idea anyone on timing from Production to delivery?
Mine was built on 3/29/2022 and shipped 4/19 ish and was supposed to be here the first week of May, however it was updated to June 10 - 16th. It only takes at most three days to be built. I am wondering if the few weeks to ship was based on the transportation issue that was happening between Mexico and Texas. It left Kansas yesterday or the day before, possibly it will be here before the updated second week of June time frame. I think if everything runs smoothly it should be about a month after production to receive it. I have heard some people getting it sooner than expected. Once it is on the train it's at the mercy of that company regardless of whether Ford has depots and I do not think it's as efficient as the truck transportation. If not already check your junk mail, the notification emails could be in there. Some email services are pretty aggressive with classifying junk mail.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts