Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thrilled with this car. I mean the non-GT version that people have been reviewing for weeks now. This Mach-E is exactly what I was looking for in an EV and I am overly-giddy that I got the spouse to agree to letting me plunge for the GT version - which promises to be even tighter competition for the best Tesla models available.

Question - what options to we expect to be available when GT orders begin besides the all-weather protection kit and getting the glass roof instead of the solid one? Obviously no option on battery or motors. But when I've poked around other places online people seem to have an idea of some of the other kit you can opt for.

Mine is going to be red, and it is going to be the most gorgeous car I've owned since my Mustang Coupe many years ago...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I'm thrilled with this car. I mean the non-GT version that people have been reviewing for weeks now. This Mach-E is exactly what I was looking for in an EV and I am overly-giddy that I got the spouse to agree to letting me plunge for the GT version - which promises to be even tighter competition for the best Tesla models available.

Question - what options to we expect to be available when GT orders begin besides the all-weather protection kit and getting the glass roof instead of the solid one? Obviously no option on battery or motors. But when I've poked around other places online people seem to have an idea of some of the other kit you can opt for.

Mine is going to be red, and it is going to be the most gorgeous car I've owned since my Mustang Coupe many years ago...
Some of the initial data from the Ford website has disappeared on the GT but an absolute must IMO is magnetic dampers (MagneRide Ford branding). We could not wait for the GT as we needed a car but that to me is THE option/feature that would have pushed us into the GT.... yeah... even more so than the performance.

Other folks can jump in here but I suspect that those who've had magnetic dampers will share my opinion. It's magic... the car can give a compliant, luxury ride but also a sporty, firm ride given the setting/situation.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,946 Posts
Some of the initial data from the Ford website has disappeared on the GT but an absolute must IMO is magnetic dampers (MagneRide Ford branding). We could not wait for the GT as we needed a car but that to me is THE option/feature that would have pushed us into the GT.... yeah... even more so than the performance.

Other folks can jump in here but I suspect that those who've had magnetic dampers will share my opinion. It's magic... the car can give a compliant, luxury ride but also a sporty, firm ride given the setting/situation.
I had a Caddy CTS V Coupe with the MagneRide and it handled like it was on "Rails". A 4Dr Sedan version did the Nürburgring in 7:59 keeping in mind that the car weighed over 4500 lbs. I think that I read that the magnetic dampers will only be offered on the GT Performance version.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So things I've learned. There's a Performance version of the GT... and I guess we don't know a lot about it other than the MagneRides are going to be included. It looks like Ford attempted to take the page down - https://www.ford.com/buy-site-wide-content/overlays/mach-e-overlays/mach-e-gt-pe/

And if you try to reserve one it just points you to the regular Mach E reservation page which doesn't mention the GTPE anywhere at all that I can see.

I see this page about MagneRides. I've never heard of them, but it essentially sounds like you get the best of both comfortable dampers and also responsive dampers. Basically a magical product that actually gives you the best of all worlds AND last longer because materials aren't rubbing together. Are they as magical as they sound? If so they sound like a MUST. What Is Mustang's MagneRide Suspension? | CJ Pony Parts

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,946 Posts
So things I've learned. There's a Performance version of the GT... and I guess we don't know a lot about it other than the MagneRides are going to be included. It looks like Ford attempted to take the page down - https://www.ford.com/buy-site-wide-content/overlays/mach-e-overlays/mach-e-gt-pe/

And if you try to reserve one it just points you to the regular Mach E reservation page which doesn't mention the GTPE anywhere at all that I can see.

I see this page about MagneRides. I've never heard of them, but it essentially sounds like you get the best of both comfortable dampers and also responsive dampers. Basically a magical product that actually gives you the best of all worlds AND last longer because materials aren't rubbing together. Are they as magical as they sound? If so they sound like a MUST. What Is Mustang's MagneRide Suspension? | CJ Pony Parts
It's on Ferrari's and I tracked the CTS V it handled and rode "magically"

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Wow, I'm really excited about these. And now I need to go figure out what else I'm missing on this Performance GT that I didn't know existed.
Official specs are (supposedly) coming out this month.

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST
11 Posts
From a brochure I received from my dealer a few weeks ago:

GT Performance Edition
Enhanced Performance electric front motor; 20” machined-face Ebony Black-painted aluminum wheels; Ford Performance front seats with Performance Gray ActiveX Seating Material with Metal Gray metallic stitching and reflective, perforated Miko® inserts; fixed front-row head restraints; unique aluminum instrument panel appliqué; MagneRide® Damping System; and panoramic fixed-glass roof with Infrared Reflective (IRR) windshield when Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 Prep Package and 360-Degree Camera with Split-View and Front Washer is ordered (available late summer 2021)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From a brochure I received from my dealer a few weeks ago:

GT Performance Edition
Enhanced Performance electric front motor; 20” machined-face Ebony Black-painted aluminum wheels; Ford Performance front seats with Performance Gray ActiveX Seating Material with Metal Gray metallic stitching and reflective, perforated Miko® inserts; fixed front-row head restraints; unique aluminum instrument panel appliqué; MagneRide® Damping System; and panoramic fixed-glass roof with Infrared Reflective (IRR) windshield when Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 Prep Package and 360-Degree Camera with Split-View and Front Washer is ordered (available late summer 2021)
This was super helpful. Thank you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From the above brochure it sounds like the interior will look quite a bit different than the normal GT one below. Anyone have a picture of the interior described for the Performance version? Sounds like the orange piping will be replaced by grey, and the fake carbon fiber bits will be replaced with aluminum.

Looks like they show the Performance GT interior in the Idris Elba teaser, but it's hard to see anything.

Wheels look cool though...

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST
11 Posts
The inside of the reveal car could be the GTPE but it was so long ago who knows...

·
Registered
5 Posts

This thread is super helpful! We reserved a GT a few weeks with the intention of adding the Performance package- in Shadow Black. Hubby and I are both excited- we almost always drive together anywhere so this will be a car we definitely both enjoy no matter whose driving (although I’m suspecting we may need to start playing Rock Paper Scissors to decide!)

·
Registered
92 Posts

Other folks can jump in here but I suspect that those who've had magnetic da$
The Performance Edition gets Magneride (as stated in the brochure)...the GT does not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hopefully when we have seen the GTPE interior confirmed it actually looks better than the GT interior I posted above. Because I really dig that interior, but I want the rest of what the PE offers. Don't make this complicated, Ford!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts