Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Minor updates here and there. Just small stuff to keep everything running smoothly. Ongoing updates like this help ensure that you'll always be driving the best possible version of your Mustang Mach-E vehicle. Enjoy."

Now if they would add the electronic Frunk update, extended range and Blue Cruise all would be 'right with the world'.

·
Registered
148 Posts
"Minor updates here and there. Just small stuff to keep everything running smoothly. Ongoing updates like this help ensure that you'll always be driving the best possible version of your Mustang Mach-E vehicle. Enjoy."

Now if they would add the electronic Frunk update, extended range and Blue Cruise all would be 'right with the world'.
Odd thing is I have all those updates on the GT, but not the OTA update. They have a weird way of sorting these updates out. I wish they would just give all the updates to everyone and stop trickling them out.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I see where people are now getting 2.3 update. I got 2.1 last weekend I think

·
Registered
243 Posts
We were all excited to get notes and Tic Tac Toe and then used it once and went..."meh". I want to get an update I can really use and appreciate and allows me to customize things and add features to the driver's screen most other cars have. i.e. temperature, song playing, trip details etc. I'm also disappointed at the delay of Bluecruise without explanation. If they can give it to the newer cars why not to those that bought into it early thinking we would be the first ones to check everything out. At least tell those of us waiting, WHY. February 8th will be 1 year of ownership for me and Ford has not lived up to their promises to continually update the car. These generic messages - "Minor updates here and there. Just small stuff to keep everything running smoothly. Ongoing updates like this help ensure that you'll always be driving the best possible version of your Mustang Mach-E vehicle. Enjoy." are not what I expected.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
We were all excited to get notes and Tic Tac Toe and then used it once and went..."meh". I want to get an update I can really use and appreciate and allows me to customize things and add features to the driver's screen most other cars have. i.e. temperature, song playing, trip details etc. I'm also disappointed at the delay of Bluecruise without explanation. If they can give it to the newer cars why not to those that bought into it early thinking we would be the first ones to check everything out. At least tell those of us waiting, WHY. February 8th will be 1 year of ownership for me and Ford has not lived up to their promises to continually update the car. These generic messages - "Minor updates here and there. Just small stuff to keep everything running smoothly. Ongoing updates like this help ensure that you'll always be driving the best possible version of your Mustang Mach-E vehicle. Enjoy." are not what I expected.
LOL I'm of the opposite mindset, I'm glad the OTA updates so far have been very minor.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL I'm of the opposite mindset, I'm glad the OTA updates so far have been very minor.
I was very jealous when my son's Mod. 3 played Check Berry's Run Run Rudolf and did a light show for the grandkids. I still can't PaaK to work 100% of the time. 😢

·
Registered
2021 AWD ER, Pre, Infinite Blue
17 Posts
I received this while charging at an EA near Scranton Pa. I probably should have turned off auto updates before I left on this trip but never thought about it. Thankfully all is well. I am on my way from upstate NY to Key West. (1800 miles so far) As a side note, every EA stop worked perfectly except one where EA helped with a reboot. Much more enjoyable in the warm weather. And we drove through the snow storm in DC, we navigated back roads around the closure on 95 and the MME performed very well in the snow. Plus the advantage of driving slow and getting great efficiency from the battery. I also didn't miss BC, I think adaptive cruise with lane centering was just as good and with all the trucks on 95 it is best to keep your hands on the wheel.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"I think adaptive cruise with lane centering was just as good and with all the trucks on 95 it is best to keep your hands on the wheel".
I'm starting to wonder what the benefits are of Blue Cruise since for all intents and purposes I'm not certain that I want to be driving at 70/80 without having my hands resting on the wheel. Also considering that after one year Ford still hasn't been able to make PaaK into a 100% reliable software. However, given the initial cost I'll probably get it in order to try out the tech.

·
Registered
221 Posts

At least you are getting updates! I am stuck at 1.7.1 as are many others and Ford has yet to figure out a "fix" for us. Seems like I'm getting further and further behind.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At least you are getting updates! I am stuck at 1.7.1 as are many others and Ford has yet to figure out a "fix" for us. Seems like I'm getting further and further behind.
If Ford would occasionally explain what the "minor fixes" are since I don't see any difference between 1.7 and 2.0 but who knows

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
If Ford would occasionally explain what the "minor fixes" are since I don't see any difference between 1.7 and 2.0 but who knows
2.3 appears to have some bigger changes but I don't recall specifically what they are, I'm still at 2.1

·
Registered
236 Posts

Nice. I want blue cruise and extended range badly but I am not sure I want the Frunk susceptible to digital bugs, frankly. But I am clearly in the minority on this...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I seem to remember that I could see the software version on my System Updates screen, but no more.
How are your folks determining your software version?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Or you can look at your phone:

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is strange....I don't get that display on my phone. I noticed that you are on the home page... If I go to CAR > Vehicle Settings > Software Updates, all I get is this, nothing from selecting either automatic updates or schedule updates except "how to". You can see from the above picture that automatic updates is turned on. The car is also connected to our wifi.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts