Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is asking for an additional key fob or are you content with the one?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't really have a need for a second one but I wish they would a given two in case something happened with the first one. My phone as a key is not reliable enough to go anywhere without the FOB.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Rapid Red
226 Posts
You can ask, but they are on backorder. My dealer can’t even get me one and I was willing to pay for it. Over on the other Mach-E hive mind there is a long thread showing most people bought second fobs from carandtruckremotes.com.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can ask, but they are on backorder. My dealer can’t even get me one and I was willing to pay for it. Over on the other Mach-E hive mind there is a long thread showing most people bought decks fobs from carandtruckremotes.com.
Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The key fob is expensive and unavailable but at least PAAK isn't all that reliable.

Really.... Any competent engineer would be absolutely embarrassed that they used "feature" to avoid giving their customers 2 fobs. Shame shame...

·
Registered
18 Posts
We took delivery of our Rapid Red, AWD on 03-05. My wife absolutely loves it and it's her car. She keeps the fob in her purse. When I try to use my PAAK on my iPhone, it's hit or miss. I walk into the garage with my phone on my hip and the car comes to life with lights and unlocking the doors. Sometimes when I get in to drive it, I get a message on the dash "No key detected". If that's the case, why did it unlock etc? I have to open the app on my phone and then I'm good to go.
A second fob should be standard and then let the drivers that don't mind going through the extra steps to use their phones do so. Or better yet, fix the problem.

·
Registered
MME Premium extended range AWD
203 Posts
Count me in as buying that second key FOB. The minute the cell phone screws up with my wife, ohhh no. I shudder to think. There will be a loss of confidence on the most dramatic of all scales.
I'll be giving her my FOB and answering all sorts of question about why I just spent $60 grand.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium Standard Range RWD Shadow Black
12 Posts
I will also be purchasing a second key fob. I just like having some other backup hanging on a nail by the garage door. But, to be honest, I don't even like the key fobs. I never had a 'key not detected' in my car with a regular metal key and the battery never died because there wasn't one.

·
Registered
MME Premium extended range AWD
203 Posts
I will also be purchasing a second key fob. I just like having some other backup hanging on a nail by the garage door. But, to be honest, I don't even like the key fobs. I never had a 'key not detected' in my car with a regular metal key and the battery never died because there wasn't one.
Exactly, the car should always hear the fob talk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am asking for a second key fob. I find it inconvenient and somewhat dangerous to have to pull my phone out of my pocket at night in order to open the car door and start the car. So, one fob for me and one for my husband.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am asking for a second key fob. I find it inconvenient and somewhat dangerous to have to pull my phone out of my pocket at night in order to open the car door and start the car. So, one fob for me and one for my husband.
Maybe we should all write Ford and voice our dissatisfaction with only one key fob due to the PAAK being spotty at best and ask for reimbursement for our second fob purchased or some sort of credit. I too get in to the car and can’t get the car to start because no key is found, that’s just plain crazy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not using PaaK at all, seems unnecessary......FOB in my pocket (smaller than my phone) press button t open door, get in car press start button, on my way.....got extra FOB, my dealer had them in stock.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not using PaaK at all, seems unnecessary......FOB in my pocket (smaller than my phone) press button t open door, get in car press start button, on my way.....got extra FOB, my dealer had them in stock.....
What was the dealer price for the additional FOB?

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Rapid Red
226 Posts
If you’re using Phone-As-A_Key, you don’t have to pull your phone out of your pocket to open your door. You DO have to if you want to remote start the car. However, and extra fob won’t change this as there is no START button on the fob. You’ll still have to remote start from your phone app.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What was the dealer price for the additional FOB?
Well, not to be a jerk, I'd rather not say (read into that what you may).....I did a fair amount of complaining about 1 FOB, so I did OK price wise.....prices over at the other forum have been all over the place for dealer supplied extra FOBs......so I would really explain your frustration to them, also how unreliable PaaK is!!!!!......also remember you have 22000 rewards points that can go towards any cost you may have with getting an exta FOB......if you feel strong visit the other forum (if you don't already), they have several threads about FOBs, although some are 23+ pages.....good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Update: I ordered one of the last "3 available". It has shipped so, I should receive it this coming week. I contacted the dealer ( should I mention their name?) and was quoted $160.00 to program the remote!!! outrageous. I bet it takes 10 minutes.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts