Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Update: I ordered one of the last "3 available". It has shipped so, I should receive it this coming week. I contacted the dealer ( should I mention their name?) and was quoted $160.00 to program the remote!!! outrageous. I bet it takes 10 minutes.
In Queens, NYC I have a guy that comes to you to program the fob, $125. Had mine done this past Friday.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,946 Posts
The only issue that I've encountered using PaaK is when the door button is pushed there is what sounds like an electronic linking sound and when it completes the cycling the door button must be pushed a second time to open the door. Other than that the PaaK is functioning as a "second fob"

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have to open the app on my phone and then I'm good to go. A second fob should be standard and then let the drivers that don't mind going through the extra steps to use their phones do so. Or better yet, fix the problem.
Sounds like the "fix" is having the app open when approaching the car. If you open the app prior to going near the car does the phone key work 100% of the time? That's how Tesla's works. There's also a setting in General/Background App Refresh to allow it to work in background, be sure that is on if Ford app has that feature.

·
Registered
2021 Mach E Premium 4x
307 Posts
I will be getting one when available. The dealer tells me no accessories are available for the Mach E, I've requested floor mats and a key fob.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Sounds like the "fix" is having the app open when approaching the car. If you open the app prior to going near the car does the phone key work 100% of the time? That's how Tesla's works. There's also a setting in General/Background App Refresh to allow it to work in background, be sure that is on if Ford app has that feature.
Yes, it seems so.

when I accidentally exit FordPass instead of just switching from it, I get a notification that Phone as a key works best when FordPass is running.

Over this weekend I used PaaK exclusively. And the only time I experienced a delay was when FordPass was not active in the background.

There was one other time. Once a week to keep FaceID working, I have to unlock my phone with the passcode to use it. The PaaK cannot connect to the car while the iphone is waiting for the passcode.

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Yes, it seems so.

when I accidentally exit FordPass instead of just switching from it, I get a notification that Phone as a key works best when FordPass is running.

Over this weekend I used PaaK exclusively. And the only time I experienced a delay was when FordPass was not active in the background.

There was one other time. Once a week to keep FaceID working, I have to unlock my phone with the passcode to use it. The PaaK cannot connect to the car while the iphone is waiting for the passcode.
Did you hear the PaaK trying to connect with the MMe without opening the app

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Did you hear the PaaK trying to connect with the MMe without opening the app
I didn’t notice any sound, i will listen for it in the morning.
The car lights up as I approach. The button to open the door doesn’t light up until I am by the driver’s door.

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
I didn’t notice any sound, i will listen for it in the morning.
The car lights up as I approach. The button to open the door doesn’t light up until I am by the driver’s door.
Just the PaaK with no Fob. There's an electronic whirl

·
Registered
18 Posts
sorry left out answer to second question, he had a special laptop.
Update: Found a locksmith after 3 calls that said they had the software to program my new fob. I drove a half hour to their location. The woman came out to the MACH E with a device that plugged into the OBD2 jack. After a few minutes, she said the software was telling her to unplug the car battery. The car battery? I told her that half the car was a battery! Her cost would've been 25% of what the dealer wants to charge ($160.00). The search continues...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Update: Found a locksmith after 3 calls that said they had the software to program my new fob. I drove a half hour to their location. The woman came out to the MACH E with a device that plugged into the OBD2 jack. After a few minutes, she said the software was telling her to unplug the car battery. The car battery? I told her that half the car was a battery! Her cost would've been 25% of what the dealer wants to charge ($160.00). The search continues...
My dealer didn't charge anything. It only takes them two minutes.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Rapid Red
225 Posts
Boise??? I’m jealous. That’s where all my family is and I’m stuck out here in NY. 😭

21 - 40 of 57 Posts