Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2021 MME FE E4X, Carbonized Gray Matallic, AWD
69 Posts
Maybe we should all write Ford and voice our dissatisfaction with only one key fob due to the PAAK being spotty at best and ask for reimbursement for our second fob purchased or some sort of credit. I too get in to the car and can’t get the car to start because no key is found, that’s just plain crazy.
Aloha, you would think that Ford would have someone monitoring this forum. Does anyone know if Ford is monitoring?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Called my dealer. Have an appointment for tomorrow after work. $69.99. I’ll use my FordPass points and get it for free.
I have an appointment with my original dealer who now quotes $70.00 to program the new remote. We have the 22,000 Ford points. How does that break down into dollars? For instance, does 100 points equal $1.00? or 22,000 equal $220.00 of credit towards service etc?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just got a second FOB for the Mach E from Quick Keys LLC. FOB and programing was $271 and he stole the pony from another fob and attached to mine. It was his first MME so he said he would be using Ford software which required him to send a copy of my purchase invoice and drivers license to Ford. The salesman recommended the company and said it would be cheaper than at his Ford dealership.
Other Initial Items:
Figured out how to get to the place to enter the 8 character backup start code. My PAAK has been flawless so it is time to go naked without the FOB. I also got the 3M clear film on hood and front. Had rustproofing sprayed on inside of wheel wells and inside doors for extra winter salt protection. Most of the wheel well is covered in a sound insulating fabric like material so no rustproofing compound gets sprayed there. The entire underside of the car is either battery case or semi-stiff panels so hopefully the body will age well to winter salt with frequent washing. Eight days now on the MME and everything is good.

·
Registered
MME Premium extended range AWD
203 Posts
Unfortunately, some dealers are taking advantage of Ford only giving us one FOB to charge high prices for the extra FOB.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What! Is it one Fob or two? Anyone speak with Ford because on trade in how will they know what you got.
The Mach-E comes with one fob. If you can take delivery at "PhilD's" dealership, maybe you can get 2. I spent almost $200 for the remote and the programming. In my opinion, Ford is making a big mistake shipping MMEs with only one. Until the perfect the PaaK system, it's a no brainer to me.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,946 Posts
The Mach-E comes with one fob. If you can take delivery at "PhilD's" dealership, maybe you can get 2. I spent almost $200 for the remote and the programming. In my opinion, Ford is making a big mistake shipping MMEs with only one. Until the perfect the PaaK system, it's a no brainer to me.
Thanks, I thought that it was one fob.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just come to Iowa

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,946 Posts
Just come to Iowa
Been there, 1984 Iowa Caucus, Candidate Protection Detail, also testified before Sen. Grassley's Senate Caucus on 'International Narcotics Trafficking" on Methamphetamine trafficking to Iowa flew out of Storm Lake on a regional turbo-prop in a 'white-out' blizzard (humming Bye Bye Miss American Pie). Great food!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts