Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

Kia EV6 World Premier

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  patmurphey 
#1 ·
EV6 Premier
The exterior design is ruined by the tail end IMO. Prefer the MME.
The interior, while somewhat busy, I prefer to the MME.
Similar 0-60 figures to the MME GT performance.
Interesting electronic limited slip differential concept.

Another interesting bit of news is Hyundai Ioniq 5 being selected for a Robotaxi fleet.

Genesis version on the way. EV6 next year, EV7 after that.

#12 ·
The design is not doing anything for me, exterior wise, very plain to me.
No one has yet described the futuristic designs of the Ioniq 5 and EV6 as "very plain". That's a first.

The Ford, Hyundai and Kia's are all RWD in longest range models while the Nissan Ariya is FWD in the longest range model. Kona, Ioniq, Niro, EV6, Ariya, MachE, Model Y, all are in the hatchback/station wagon market which is the top seller in US.

#8 ·
Hummer EV is actually spec'ed at 350+ miles of range for the highest trims. The pricing has been available for a while. $112.6K for the First Edition available this year. $100K for the version available next year. The "cheap" $80K version in comes in 2024 with 250+ mile range. They're bringing a spoon to a Tesla/Rivian/Ford pickup truck gun fight.

Anyone else think all the buzz around the GM BEV transformation is mostly sizzle and no steak? Lots of press releases, a new logo, yada, yada... What they have that is concrete is the Bolt, a couple of $100K cars (Hummer, Lyriq) on the way, and a battery factory under construction in Ohio... While they may follow on the hype, at present they gat a big yawn and a wait and see from me.

Hyundai group (Hyundai, Kia, Genesis), ground up E-GMP platform vehicles this summer at attainable prices for the masses. VW as well and Ford is there with entry versions of the MME.
Hyundai will have all electric versions of their following models for 2021:
Kona (Compact SUV) - All electric
Ioniq (4 Door Sedan w/ Hatchback) - All electric

Other models will be hybrids for 2021
Santa Fe (5 Passenger SUV) - Hybrid
Elantra (Compact Sedan) - Hybrid
Sonata (Compact Sedan) - Hybrid
Tuscon (Compact SUV) - Hybrid

Kia has all electric versions of the following models for 2021:
Niro (Compact SUV) - All electric
EV6 (4 Sedan) - All electric (Coming in 2nd half of 2021)

One other model will be hybrid for 2021
Sorrento (5 Passenger SUV) - Hybrid

Why GM has not created an all electric 4 door sedan to replace the Volt is beyond me.

"Kia has announced that the EV6 will go on sale in the second half of 2021.
Some markets can pre-order the car starting now.
It’s likely that Korea, the EU and the US will be some of the first places where you’ll be able to order the car."

"Pricing is a bit tricky. There’s no US figures currently, we’ll update this page when we have them.
However, as a rough guide in the UK
The EV6 is listed at £40,895 ($56,142 based on a straight currency conversion)
The EV6 GT-Line is £43,896 ($60,262)
The GT is £58,295 ($80,027)."

$80,000 is stretching it as an affordable car for the masses.
Even the baseline model EV6 is priced about the same as the Premium AWD Extended Range Mustang Mach E.

#9 ·
Hyundai will have all electric versions of their following models for 2021:
Kona (Compact SUV) - All electric
Ioniq (4 Door Sedan w/ Hatchback) - All electric

Other models will be hybrids for 2021
Santa Fe (5 Passenger SUV) - Hybrid
Elantra (Compact Sedan) - Hybrid
Sonata (Compact Sedan) - Hybrid
Tuscon (Compact SUV) - Hybrid

Kia has all electric versions of the following models for 2021:
Niro (Compact SUV) - All electric
EV6 (4 Sedan) - All electric (Coming in 2nd half of 2021)

One other model will be hybrid for 2021
Sorrento (5 Passenger SUV) - Hybrid

Why GM has not created an all electric 4 door sedan to replace the Volt is beyond me.

"Kia has announced that the EV6 will go on sale in the second half of 2021.
Some markets can pre-order the car starting now.
It’s likely that Korea, the EU and the US will be some of the first places where you’ll be able to order the car."

"Pricing is a bit tricky. There’s no US figures currently, we’ll update this page when we have them.
However, as a rough guide in the UK
The EV6 is listed at £40,895 ($56,142 based on a straight currency conversion)
The EV6 GT-Line is £43,896 ($60,262)
The GT is £58,295 ($80,027)."

$80,000 is stretching it as an affordable car for the masses.
Even the baseline model EV6 is priced about the same as the Premium AWD Extended Range Mustang Mach E.
Pricing is tricky. Us Yanks get a bit of a discount but I think your prices include VAT. I expect the EV6 and the Ioniq 5 to be priced competitively vs the VW ID.4 in the US. Also... BEVs are a much harder sell in the US to the masses because of our cheap subsidized gas (petrol in English).

Also... keep in mind Genesis... The press doesn't think that they will ever build the X concept but the Hyundai Ioniq 5 is pretty darned close to the 45 EV concept and this looks like a close cousin to the Ioniq 6 so just maybe.

#13 ·
The whole system is a mess... made to address the symptom of a symptom of a... crappy legislation to begin with.
Sure... I bought the MME because of the tax credits but should I be allowed to buy multiple vehicles and take multiple tax credits? it makes no sense that millionaires can buy multiple $100K cars and claim multiple credits. I think a reasonable cap is not the number of vehicles at a manufacturer. But 1 tax credit per person every 6 years or something like that on a sliding scale so less expensive BEVs get the biggest benefit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.