Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
Reserved Grabber Blue GT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to reserve the GT but being held back as I'm seeing lack of options available for the GT compared to other models.

Ex: the premium model has active drive assist prep kit, 360 camera, park assist 2.0, etc. And some models you even have a choice of more than 1 interior color.

On the GT all that is missing. All I get for packages is 1 interior color and "interior protection package" = freakin floor mats. Really!?

Shouldn't the GT include all the above PLUS more? I mean it is the top of the line model isn't it?

What's going on here?!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've been trying to reserve the GT but being held back as I'm seeing lack of options available for the GT compared to other models.

Ex: the premium model has active drive assist prep kit, 360 camera, park assist 2.0, etc. And some models you even have a choice of more than 1 interior color.

On the GT all that is missing. All I get for packages is 1 interior color and "interior protection package" = freakin floor mats. Really!?

Shouldn't the GT include all the above PLUS more? I mean it is the top of the line model isn't it?

What's going on here?!
You're seeing more info on the non-GT models because those details are finalized. GT and GT Performance details are not yet finalized. So you can only place a reservation and not a dealer order.

Placing a reservation now will hold your place in line for when eventual orders are scheduled into production at the factory. When final details are out, you'll be contacted by email to convert your reservation into an order... At that time you'll see the final specifications and can decide how you want to proceed.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,128 Posts
Ford hasn't even released an ordering guide for the GT yet. That's likely to come out around the first of the year when the GT order bank is due to open.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Guess I'm impatient. Ok I'll hold
Don't hold put a reservation in. I read somewhere that orders for the GT will start in December for late summer 2021 delivery. Dave Pericak, director of Ford Icons, has stated more exciting info on the MME-GT will be coming out soon. A few words on the GT at 23:40 of this video.

·
Banned
Reserved Grabber Blue GT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't hold put a reservation in. I read somewhere that orders for the GT will start in December for late summer 2021 delivery. Dave Pericak, director of Ford Icons, has stated more exciting info on the MME-GT will be coming out soon. A few words on the GT at 23:40 of this video.

thanks Mac

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
149 Posts

What's going on here?!
Note: The GT is not available in Canada

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,128 Posts
thanks Mac
Remember, none of those options you're talking about are part of the reservation process. Reserve now, decide on options later. The sooner you reserve, the earlier your GT arrives.

·
Banned
Reserved Grabber Blue GT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Remember, none of those options you're talking about are part of the reservation process. Reserve now, decide on options later. The sooner you reserve, the earlier your GT arrives.
Can I be able to modify the color or change the dealer? Heard some dealers will charge a markup while others won't. My local dealer is undecided as to what they'll do.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
872 Posts
Can I be able to modify the color or change the dealer? Heard some dealers will charge a markup while others won't. My local dealer is undecided as to what they'll do.
If the GT is like other MachE, including the First Edition, you certainly can change dealers.

I doubt any dealer will be able to mark up the price - but that is just my opinon.

But if yours try to ADM, you can always switch to one that doesn't.

Sorry do not know about changing colors.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Alex - if GT goes like all the other trims, you will be able to change dealer, color, options, etc . . . at the time of order so you should not worry at reservation time - HOWEVER, it is easier to pick the right dealer now as some dealers "kidnapped" reservations. Best to choose a reputable dealer now at reservation.
a) Check out the No ADM / X Plan Acceptance list here https://www.macheclub.com/site/threads/official-list-no-adm-mach-e-ford-dealers.95/
b) Contact the dealer before reservation placement to feel comfortable that they are above board.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Alex - if GT goes like all the other trims, you will be able to change dealer, color, options, etc . . . at the time of order so you should not worry at reservation time - HOWEVER, it is easier to pick the right dealer now as some dealers "kidnapped" reservations. Best to choose a reputable dealer now at reservation.
a) Check out the No ADM / X Plan Acceptance list here https://www.macheclub.com/site/threads/official-list-no-adm-mach-e-ford-dealers.95/
b) Contact the dealer before reservation placement to feel comfortable that they are above board.
Note from prior post - this site changes the web address for the link I just posted - should be MACHEFORUM not macheclub

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had called up Ford marketing a few days ago specifically to find out about Active Drive Assist prep kit on GT and the customer rep asked me to wait until ordering is open to find more details. Even they are not being told what to expect in GT. I really hope GT gets hands free driving, 360 degree camera, and a lot better range than what's currently suggested. Here's a slide on GT that I had found some time ago.

·
Banned
Reserved Grabber Blue GT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had called up Ford marketing a few days ago specifically to find out about Active Drive Assist prep kit on GT and the customer rep asked me to wait until ordering is open to find more details. Even they are not being told what to expect in GT. I really hope GT gets hands free driving, 360 degree camera, and a lot better range than what's currently suggested. Here's a slide on GT that I had found some time ago.

View attachment 2338

Sucks it's taking so long.
"at least 235 range" . 235 is sad. Real world with AC on and slight heavy foot it'll be less than 200.

As I was reserving today it says the $500 is fully refundable and you can add on and remove options before you finalize so might as well just hold your place in line. Change your mind? Cancel it. There's a button for it on the site when you create your account.

·
Registered
393 Posts
"at least 235 range" . 235 is sad. Real world with AC on and slight heavy foot it'll be less than 200.

As I was reserving today it says the $500 is fully refundable and you can add on and remove options before you finalize so might as well just hold your place in line. Change your mind? Cancel it. There's a button for it on the site when you create your account.
Yeah it should work out ok.

I reserved a Select on November 18 or 19... Converted it to an order in early July. Before submitting the order, I was able to change it to a Premium with the different options/colors that I wanted.

Should work the same for the GT and GT Performance pack.

·
Registered
149 Posts

Folks the MME-GT will be the performance model. Why all the fixation on range? This is a BEV so fast means less range. At least it's not in the Porsche Taycan price range! 185K for 192 mile range. I have a reservation on a GT and know what I'm getting and more news on the GT will be coming out as the time to order gets closer. As said in the comments above cancel your reservation if this is not to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Also, "long range" is subjective. The 230 mile range on my Premium RWD is longer than some other PEVs I was considering, and should be more than I need for most driving.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts