Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I kinda feel like this guy is an anti-Ford guy/spammer or something... just because after 1 day of ownership you found all these faults including the charging network? I didn't even try the fast charging network until a few months into ownership. Not a single charger has been down that I've seen in Colorado and I don't have any of the issues that you describe. I haven't read any of the issues from other people either. This is weird. And range is bad? You've driven 300 miles on the very first day you owned it? hmmmmm
Can you post a pic of the new Mach-E? These issues you describe are extremely generic like "flimsy exterior plastic". Maybe I'm just being rude but it just seems like its a situation when a Tesla owner comes onto a Ford forum and starts bad mouthing the Mach-E, that he doesn't own, and he uses generic terms to describe its crap quality. I could be wrong, idk.
Agreed. None of what the original poster said makes sense. Especially figuring all this out in one day. I call BS.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just re-read all posts in this thread.

1. I wonder what the poster did with his MME?

2. I have now owned my MME for 13 months. I am very happy with my purchase, except for one thing. The OTA update situation for Job-1 cars was horrible. I had my car at the dealer three times only then to be told that there was a problem and an update would be coming "soon". And the announced date was missed. The dealers seemed to know less than we do here. I had knee surgery and have been homebound for several weeks. But I will be going to the dealership with my printed TSB notices in hand to try again to get OTA updates to work next week. I am hoping that I am not #1 on these updates and that they will go reasonable smoothly. If these updates work and OTA updates start to work as advertised, I will be completely satisfied.

As far as all his other complaints? All I can say is that my experience has been completely different. And my wife loves driving it too!

Jim

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,222 Posts
I just re-read all posts in this thread.

1. I wonder what the poster did with his MME?

2. I have now owned my MME for 13 months. I am very happy with my purchase, except for one thing. The OTA update situation for Job-1 cars was horrible. I had my car at the dealer three times only then to be told that there was a problem and an update would be coming "soon". And the announced date was missed. The dealers seemed to know less than we do here. I had knee surgery and have been homebound for several weeks. But I will be going to the dealership with my printed TSB notices in hand to try again to get OTA updates to work next week. I am hoping that I am not #1 on these updates and that they will go reasonable smoothly. If these updates work and OTA updates start to work as advertised, I will be completely satisfied.

As far as all his other complaints? All I can say is that my experience has been completely different. And my wife loves driving it too!

Jim
Absolutely agree, MMe is GREAT the software OTA (early builds) is the PITS. It's helpful but rather silly that the best way to learn about what is happening with our vehicles is through peer to peer on this forum. Ford monitors so why don't they set up a section titled "What's New and What's Happening With the Mach E. Maybe the dealers will join the forum to figure out what they need to do.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Absolutely agree, MMe is GREAT the software OTA (early builds) is the PITS. It's helpful but rather silly that the best way to learn about what is happening with our vehicles is through peer to peer on this forum. Ford monitors so why don't they set up a section titled "What's New and What's Happening With the Mach E. Maybe the dealers will join the forum to figure out what they need to do.
I can understand them NOT having a presence like that on any forums. Unless it was heavily moderated, it would become a mass compendium of everyone complaining about everything and it'd be difficult to wade thru all of it. Also, Ford rightly or wrongly would prefer people to access info from the dealership, which of course we all know isn't working.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hit some feral pigs a couple of weeks ago. The next appointment at any of the nearby Ford dealerships that have a body shop is May 16th. Our Mustang is sitting forlorn and undrivable in our yard waiting to be towed to the dealership in a couple of weeks. We miss it, a lot!
We're driving our F Ford 150 and every time we pulled into a gas station and buy $100 worth of gasoline it really hurts! I hope that after waiting all this time they at least we're able to get the parts in and can repair it expeditiously. We want our Mach-E back!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, the buyers remorse is strong at my end. After 7 months of excitement, I'm let down after a day of owning.

And several of my issues are my fault for ignoring reality and not carefully reviewing other writeups and opinions.

Quality is bad. Nothing works. Paint is crap. Interior doors show "body contact" marks very easily. Very little storage and the door storage is awkwardly designed and sloped. Panel gaps are inconsistent. Cheap feel overall. Lots of flimsy plastic on the outside. More than I expected.

That big screen and user interface is a distraction when driving. Audio skips and cuts out. Maps are garbage. Touchscreen is sluggish and poor design.

Charging network near me has more broken / inoperable stations. Range is bad, so I have terrible range anxiety. I failed to research that super-hot Florida weather is not good for any EVs. My fault on that one.

Everything is connected now. Need an app for this, need an app for that. The car is just not ready for mass consumption until they get range solved, get infrastructure built, and solve for slow charges. I also failed to research that even on super fast chargers, when you hit 80% it slows to a snails pace.

I fell for the hype. It's my fault, too. $60k (USD) for a car to make small trips around the neighborhood and city. Dumb on my part. Really dumb.

I'll be selling my MME and getting a small, economical "dumb car." I really hate this car.

In short, you can't just get in and drive this car. You have to plan your day and trips very carefully in order to not run out of charge or be late to everything. And the burden is not reasonable by ordinary standards.
We’ll, I read a few of these replies. It does sound like the OP in overly critical. He admits it! But, a lot of his gripes make sense. I find the interface is very slow. 4-5 seconds for the screen to fill in when I start? Range anxiety is a real thing. In Arizona , outside of Phoenix, there aren’t many fast chargers. Who do I blame for that? Me? All I did was to believe the sales person and rely on U tube reviews without doing any real du-diligence. I will say the charger that came with the car is very poor. I’m in Arizona. It’s hot. Charging at 10 miles per hour is no good. I bought another brand of charger and that operates perfectly. The only thing is it makes the car over $400 more expensive. Shame on Ford for that. Mechanically I think this car is superb. It drives just as I would expect a car at this price point. After all, I didn’t spend $90k on a car. I got what I paid for, and better. I do think the software is full of bugs though. Once again, whose to blame for a person buying a new design car the first year it comes out? Panel fit and finish quality, on my car is very good. Would I buy this car again? I don’t know. I’ve seen only two other cars in a metropolitan area of a few million. Makes me wonder how experienced the mechanics are, and how readily available will be parts. I’ve noticed a couple of messages on my phone warning me of 12v issues. It’s not the end of the world if the car has a breakdown. It is, if the car sits in the shop waiting for parts. That’s what makes me think of selling. That would be a real disappointment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, the buyers remorse is strong at my end. After 7 months of excitement, I'm let down after a day of owning.

And several of my issues are my fault for ignoring reality and not carefully reviewing other writeups and opinions.

Quality is bad. Nothing works. Paint is crap. Interior doors show "body contact" marks very easily. Very little storage and the door storage is awkwardly designed and sloped. Panel gaps are inconsistent. Cheap feel overall. Lots of flimsy plastic on the outside. More than I expected.

That big screen and user interface is a distraction when driving. Audio skips and cuts out. Maps are garbage. Touchscreen is sluggish and poor design.

Charging network near me has more broken / inoperable stations. Range is bad, so I have terrible range anxiety. I failed to research that super-hot Florida weather is not good for any EVs. My fault on that one.

Everything is connected now. Need an app for this, need an app for that. The car is just not ready for mass consumption until they get range solved, get infrastructure built, and solve for slow charges. I also failed to research that even on super fast chargers, when you hit 80% it slows to a snails pace.

I fell for the hype. It's my fault, too. $60k (USD) for a car to make small trips around the neighborhood and city. Dumb on my part. Really dumb.

I'll be selling my MME and getting a small, economical "dumb car." I really hate this car.

In short, you can't just get in and drive this car. You have to plan your day and trips very carefully in order to not run out of charge or be late to everything. And the burden is not reasonable by ordinary standards.
Electric car is not for everyone. Some people still prefer to ride a horse.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts