Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now after 6 months my mach-e has stopped unlocking the doors on its own. When I walk up to the car the lights still turn on so I know it is seeing me, but when I touch the door nothing happens, the mirrors still stay in and the door does not unlock or open. I have to press the button on the key fob to get it to work. I tried replacing the battery in the fob just for s&g but nothing. I also turned off and on the setting in the computer. Still nothing. Anyone have an idea before it goes to the dealer?

·
Registered
76 Posts
So now after 6 months my mach-e has stopped unlocking the doors on its own. When I walk up to the car the lights still turn on so I know it is seeing me, but when I touch the door nothing happens, the mirrors still stay in and the door does not unlock or open. I have to press the button on the key fob to get it to work. I tried replacing the battery in the fob just for s&g but nothing. I also turned off and on the setting in the computer. Still nothing. Anyone have an idea before it goes to the dealer?
I took mine to dealer for a PAAK update. It solved the problem. Key fob nor phone would work. It worked for about a month after I bought it. But so far so good.

·
Official Representative
125 Posts
Hello! Send us a private message with your MachE’s VIN and current mileage. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this locking issue. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having same issue. Don’t feel like driving the 1 hour to the dealer, and I got the PAAK update when I bought the car in August, so not sure that will fix it.
PAAK and key fob worked great until this past Sunday.
I accidentally set the alarm off while installing a car seat In the back, not even sure how. Since then the front doors will not unlock/lock through the exterior Door buttons (FOB and PAAK buttons both work fine).
Thoughts on other ways to solve and if the alarm has something to do with this?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello! Send us a private message with your MachE’s VIN and current mileage. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this locking issue. Thanks!
I feel your pain. My PAAK has never worked to automatically unlock front doors, only back doors, key fob works fine. I approach and it lights up, but that's it, nothing more unless I use the key fob.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’ve had my CA RT1 for 15 months and have been having this problem for several weeks. It is so annoying. The car wakes up and knows I’m there but I have to use the key and actually press the unlock button to unlock the doors. It’s so very 1995. I really hate to go back to the dealer. Their service is the worst.

·
Official Representative
125 Posts
I’ve had my CA RT1 for 15 months and have been having this problem for several weeks. It is so annoying. The car wakes up and knows I’m there but I have to use the key and actually press the unlock button to unlock the doors. It’s so very 1995. I really hate to go back to the dealer. Their service is the worst.
Hey there! I can look into your Mach E's locking concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Same issue here....with the key fob also in my pocket. Doors will not unlock, unless I press the button on the Key fob.
Mine have never unlocked until I touch the keypad, but they autolock on leaving. Are you guys sure that's not the way it's supposed to be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing has happened to me PAAK was working fine and now when I walk up it lights up but the button does not open door so I use my 5 digit code and then car does start as normal with PAAK. I'd love to get it back to auto unlocking when I walk up. Anything you can do? Or should I just delete PAAK and re-install?

·
Official Representative
125 Posts
Same thing has happened to me PAAK was working fine and now when I walk up it lights up but the button does not open door so I use my 5 digit code and then car does start as normal with PAAK. I'd love to get it back to auto unlocking when I walk up. Anything you can do? Or should I just delete PAAK and re-install?
Hi there. This locks concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts