Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now after 6 months my mach-e has stopped unlocking the doors on its own. When I walk up to the car the lights still turn on so I know it is seeing me, but when I touch the door nothing happens, the mirrors still stay in and the door does not unlock or open. I have to press the button on the key fob to get it to work. I tried replacing the battery in the fob just for s&g but nothing. I also turned off and on the setting in the computer. Still nothing. Anyone have an idea before it goes to the dealer?

·
Registered
68 Posts
So now after 6 months my mach-e has stopped unlocking the doors on its own. When I walk up to the car the lights still turn on so I know it is seeing me, but when I touch the door nothing happens, the mirrors still stay in and the door does not unlock or open. I have to press the button on the key fob to get it to work. I tried replacing the battery in the fob just for s&g but nothing. I also turned off and on the setting in the computer. Still nothing. Anyone have an idea before it goes to the dealer?
I took mine to dealer for a PAAK update. It solved the problem. Key fob nor phone would work. It worked for about a month after I bought it. But so far so good.

·
Official Representative
36 Posts
Hello! Send us a private message with your MachE’s VIN and current mileage. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this locking issue. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having same issue. Don’t feel like driving the 1 hour to the dealer, and I got the PAAK update when I bought the car in August, so not sure that will fix it.
PAAK and key fob worked great until this past Sunday.
I accidentally set the alarm off while installing a car seat In the back, not even sure how. Since then the front doors will not unlock/lock through the exterior Door buttons (FOB and PAAK buttons both work fine).
Thoughts on other ways to solve and if the alarm has something to do with this?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello! Send us a private message with your MachE’s VIN and current mileage. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this locking issue. Thanks!
I feel your pain. My PAAK has never worked to automatically unlock front doors, only back doors, key fob works fine. I approach and it lights up, but that's it, nothing more unless I use the key fob.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts