Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Florida 7 months and Maine 5 months of the year. The Mach E will be parked in Florida in my hot garage and plugged in for the 5 summer months I am in Maine. Anyone see potential problems with that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think with the ability to remotely access some of the features of the Mach-E that you probably won't have any problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
No problem just keep an eye on the app so you know when to start the charge. For example the car can probably go at least a week without having to charge or minimum 4 or 5 days. But make sure to charge it once it gets below a certain point so you do not drain the battery completely. I say once you see on the app the battery is about 10 - 20% left set the schedule charge to happen that day or night or start a small charge to get a little bit of juice then stop it and set up a night schedule charge to charge it to the 80% that night then once it reaches that it will stop and you can stop the schedule charge the next day or just cancel. It a lot of back and forth on the phone app but will work.

So long story short I do not see a probably with keeping car plugged in for long term storing just have to get on the car app and set things up accordingly and keep eye on the status of the battery. As it gets to the lower digits set it to charge. But remember a happy EV is a plugged in EV. lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem just keep an eye on the app so you know when to start the charge. For example the car can probably go at least a week without having to charge or minimum 4 or 5 days. But make sure to charge it once it gets below a certain point so you do not drain the battery completely. I say once you see on the app the battery is about 10 - 20% left set the schedule charge to happen that day or night or start a small charge to get a little bit of juice then stop it and set up a night schedule charge to charge it to the 80% that night then once it reaches that it will stop and you can stop the schedule charge the next day or just cancel. It a lot of back and forth on the phone app but will work.

So long story short I do not see a probably with keeping car plugged in for long term storing just have to get on the car app and set things up accordingly and keep eye on the status of the battery. As it gets to the lower digits set it to charge. But remember a happy EV is a plugged in EV. lol
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
Don’t forget about the accessory battery. In ICE cars, you just disconnect it. Here, there has to be a way to keep the 12v charged as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Don’t forget about the accessory battery. In ICE cars, you just disconnect it. Here, there has to be a way to keep the 12v charged as well.
If I remember talks on the TEsla forums the main battery on EVs is what charges the 12v battery. So it is always keeping it charged. Also with EVs I forgot to mention since this is Florida you might have to charge more frequently because the BEVs have to turn the cooling on for the battery so that will use up some juice each day while in the hot florida garage unless you want to install some HVAC ducts in your garage or buy a portable one and just set the Temp to like 72 degrees. lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Below is from the Model 3 owner’s manual. It’s probably similar for the Mach E.

Storage

If you leave Model 3 parked for an extended period of time, plug it into a charger to prevent normal range loss and maintain the Battery at an optimal temperature. Your vehicle is safe to say plugged in for any length of time.
When not in use, Model 3 automatically enters a sleep mode to conserve range and energy. Reduce the number of times you check your vehicle’s status on the mobile app, as this automatically wakes up your vehicle and starts normal energy consumption.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts