Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Premium AWD extended range in May of 2021. I eventually got an email that the 2021 model run was over and that my order was converted to a 2022. I had to pick a new color, and the price went up with the bigger battery, but all that was OK with me. A few weeks ago, I finally got a planned production date of the week of Mar 14. That changed to the week of Mar 7, but then suddenly jumped to the week of Mar 21. I get this from the Ford site, since nothing comes from the dealer. I have often waited for several weeks to get just the configuration I want in a car, but this one better be perfect if I have to wait most of a year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered a Premium AWD extended range in May of 2021. I eventually got an email that the 2021 model run was over and that my order was converted to a 2022. I had to pick a new color, and the price went up with the bigger battery, but all that was OK with me. A few weeks ago, I finally got a planned production date of the week of Mar 14. That changed to the week of Mar 7, but then suddenly jumped to the week of Mar 21. I get this from the Ford site, since nothing comes from the dealer. I have often waited for several weeks to get just the configuration I want in a car, but this one better be perfect if I have to wait most of a year.
Although I only waited 6 months, it was definitely worth the wait!

·
Registered
25 Posts
That sounds like me although I ordered a Premium RWD extended 5/4/21. Converted to a 22 and have a production day of today. I'm not holding my breath because Ford has moved it 3 times already.

·
Registered
32 Posts
get use to the moving of estimated shipping dates.... our MachE premium has been changed 4 times ... ordered it Feb 12th 2021. and well now we are looking at 52+ weeks for a delivery of delivery to Ohio. (newest update was this week of feb 19-25th). so maybe coming soon but delivery is way over a year's wait. (although forum followers reports better times on the west coast)

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered a Premium AWD ER in June of 2021 and the only news I got was it was converted to a 2022. So, I am hoping I hear something soon about production.
On top of that, my dealer mistakenly canceled my order in November 2021 without telling me. I just happened to check the status and saw it "canceled"! Calling the dealer, they put in a new order with the highest priority, but who knows what that means. In the meantime, I am totally in the dark about what is going on...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a VIN! I ordered in May of 21, but the newest message from Ford says the order was in Sept. That coincides with the time they moved me to a 2022 model. Production is still the week of Mar 21. I've got my charger installed. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I ordered a Premium AWD ER in June of 2021 and the only news I got was it was converted to a 2022. So, I am hoping I hear something soon about production.
On top of that, my dealer mistakenly canceled my order in November 2021 without telling me. I just happened to check the status and saw it "canceled"! Calling the dealer, they put in a new order with the highest priority, but who knows what that means. In the meantime, I am totally in the dark about what is going on...
Wayne, what’s the status now? Was it built or ETA? Gosh I can’t believe the dealer canceled it. Errr 😡
I truly hope it all got squared away in your favor.🌱

·
Registered
32 Posts
We ordered our Ford Mach eAWD premium on Feb 12th, 2021. Sale confirmed on Feb 14th. Was "built" in Sept '21. Was ETA delivery Oct 21, Dec 21, Jan 22, now two separate dates in Feb '22. The newest one still reads ETA "Feb 19-25". Going by the vehicle tracking information from our dealer, the ETA date changes whenever the vehicle is due to arrive somewhere new. eg. at a rail car or another plant. Our car went from Mexico, to Texas in Oct '21 (spent 2.5 months in Texas), to two different cities in MO, and maybe one day will make it to Ohio. The ETA doe NOT necessarily mean an ETA at the dealership. Our premium is sitting a a rail care ramp in Kansas City, MO. It will be 14+ months of waiting before we receive our car. Will be an interesting day at the dealer as we try to haggle a better price on a "last year's model" Mach E

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update to my Feb 23 post. My scheduled production week seems to have been correct. The Ford site, and an email from Ford, say it is built and on the way, with estimated delivery last week of April. After reading tcap007' s sad story I just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

·
Registered
106 Posts
No news yet. I got an e-mail last month from Ford saying there were delays -- Duh! 10 months and counting...
Wayne-001
I called my dealer today & they told me I now have a Build date 05/23/22 so I logged in & saw it… No emails or nothing. Glad I called. I ordered 01/29/22 & ETA according to dealer 06/2022 .. I really hope you get it moving along. Maybe call your dealer & ask them to move you Priority Code Higher. That’s why I was calling today & found out it changed status yesterday. Let us know if you have any success with dealership. I understand they have the ability to designate priority code. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Things are improving. My car was built in late March, and the arrival date is the Week of 24 April. The dealer checked two days ago, and the car was in Missouri. I'm in rural Washington State, so they will have to hurry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow! I finally got an e-mail from Ford saying my build date is week of June 27 -- 1 year after my initial order (on June 28, 2021 which was mistakenly canceled by the dealer). Oooops, just got an e-mail saying it is now week of July 4. What a nose-bleed! Oh well, I scheduled an electrician to come and install a NEMA 14-50 outlet in my garage. Maybe a bit too hopeful that I will eventually get a MME. It's a shame that there was apparently no way to contact scheduling at Ford to get my order back in the proper place in queue. Must Have Patience...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts