Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,912 Posts
If the production vehicle looks anywhere as good as in this rendering, and anywhere near the indicated price point, it will sell like hotcakes!
View attachment 7139
Great styling however as a former Chevy Blazer and pickup owner I would want to see if the reliability is much better than the two 'dogs' that I owned. However, you're correct in that they will sell a 'Ton' of these

·
Registered
2016 Edge Ti.
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob; I had good luck with my 1984 and 1995 S-10 Blazers up to 100K, but then all hell broke...(loose)

·
Registered
2021 MME GT Star White
12 Posts
You also have to watch out for the OnStar subscription requirement to use the MyChevrolet app to use your vehicle to its fullest extent. They originally gave a reasonably long period of "free" remote command functions to Chevy owners.. but with the 2022 Bolt EV, they removed that freebie and only gave a month, at most, before you had to subscribe to their stupid monthly subscription service to use the app.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I owned two Jaguars (still have the 1983 XJ6), and two MG's, a 1967 B-GT and a '74 roadster, and a 1989 GMC 2500 4x4 prior to my Dodge Cummins 2500. I sold the GMC as it was by far the least reliable after only 120K miles. One of the MGBs has about 340K miles on it and I'd drive it cross-country tomorrow if needed. However in counterpoint, my wife's 2017 Volt has never needed anything more than a new HVB controller (under warranty) and fixes for things we broke ourselves, and scheduled maintenance which has been minimal. I hope my Mach-e puts 'em all to shame, but this is the first Ford I have owned since 1984 when I sold for scrap our 1976 F-250 when the crank snapped in half.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,912 Posts
I owned two Jaguars (still have the 1983 XJ6), and two MG's, a 1967 B-GT and a '74 roadster, and a 1989 GMC 2500 4x4 prior to my Dodge Cummins 2500. I sold the GMC as it was by far the least reliable after only 120K miles. One of the MGBs has about 340K miles on it and I'd drive it cross-country tomorrow if needed. However in counterpoint, my wife's 2017 Volt has never needed anything more than a new HVB controller (under warranty) and fixes for things we broke ourselves, and scheduled maintenance which has been minimal. I hope my Mach-e puts 'em all to shame, but this is the first Ford I have owned since 1984 when I sold for scrap our 1976 F-250 when the crank snapped in half.
You reminded me that 50 years ago I owned a 63 MGB that burned so much oil that I used to buy FoxHead recycled oil in a gallon can and when the oil stick read low I would free pour oil into the engine and guess how close to full I would get since the minute that I turned on the engine it would burn off the excess. The body was rusting so badly that driving along the Southern State Parkway in NY one of the two 6v batteries (positive ground) that resided outside on metal braces under the rear jump area gave way and the battery dropped onto the roadway hanging ever so briefly by the cables before disappearing down the road. I also owned a Jag 'F' type and belonged to the British Car Club of Las Vegas. Whenever the club went on road trips one of the members would take his flatbed trailer knowing that one of the "superbly engineered" British motorcars equipped with the less than reliable Lucas electrical system would need to be trailered home. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
407 Posts
These drawings look more or less production ready, but GM has a long history of ruining interesting concepts for production. I'll reserve judgement until you can sit in one.

·
Registered
2014 Ford Escape Titanium 1.6l FWD
8 Posts
After the battery fires in the Bolt, is “Blazer” really the right branding for a Chevy EV right now? ;).

But then, GM has had other questionable names like “Impact” and “Nova” (“doesn‘t go” in Spanish) to name just two, so maybe it’s par for them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts