Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - I've been lead astray by my Ford Dealership.

In June they told me they would have a MME for me to test drive in October, i'm a rather tall gentleman coming in at around 6'8" so me test driving is super important. I want to make sure i'm comfortable. I've got my order, and i've got no problems backing out. but now i'm confused. Obviously with Covid things have changed and i'm struggling to find the most recent information about when dealerships might be getting their vehicles in for testing.

And then maybe we could get a stickied thread with most recent updated delivery info from the mods? ^^

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts
Done. Stuck the most inclusive one.

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts

In June they told me they would have a MME for me to test drive in October, i'm a rather tall gentleman coming in at around 6'8" so me test driving is super important. I want to make sure i'm comfortable. I've got my order, and i've got no problems backing out. but now i'm confused. Obviously with Covid things have changed and i'm struggling to find the most recent information about when dealerships might be getting their vehicles in for testing.

And then maybe we could get a stickied thread with most recent updated delivery info from the mods? ^^
And welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am positive I am posting this question in the wrong place, unfortunately I can’t figure out where to post a question. I am getting ready to order this amazing vehicle but I am confused by all the options I want to get the fully loaded all the bells and whistle’s option would that be the GT? I saw some California option and I wasn’t sure what is the right one?

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts
I am positive I am posting this question in the wrong place, unfortunately I can’t figure out where to post a question. I am getting ready to order this amazing vehicle but I am confused by all the options I want to get the fully loaded all the bells and whistle’s option would that be the GT? I saw some California option and I wasn’t sure what is the right one?
California Rt-1 is the mid-level trim. The current bells and whistles option would be the Premium AWD with the extended battery. There aren’t many add-ons.

Next year the performance version, the Mustang Mach-E GT, is released. Ford says details on the options and configurations won’t be available until December.

I hope this helps.

PS - Welcome to the Club!

·
Registered
237 Posts
The premium has all the options. The GT is tuned more for performance. Within the premium you can choose which size battery and whether you want RWD or AWD driving as well. It depends on your needs whether AWD (better handling/faster compared to RWD) is a bell and whistle compared to RWD (better range than AWD).

This technical spec pdf is helpful to compare the option at a summary level. The order guide has more details.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
932 Posts
Welcome, I went with the Premium ER RWD because I wanted the extra range over the AWD and I have little need for an All Wheel Drive vehicle in Las Vegas. Other than color $600 for the Star White and the larger batteries not much else to buy

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz B250e
27 Posts
...i'm a rather tall gentleman coming in at around 6'8" so me test driving is super important.
You´re as tall as me! 🤟
This is a video with Darren Palmer, Global Director of BEV. He is 6'6":

The Mach-E is presented in Hamburg, Germany, 150 miles away from my hometown. Unfortunately i don´t have the time to go there but another german forum member will be there and will measure the space(s) with a folding meterstick! (y)

·
Registered
691 Posts
You can always make a new thread as well. Intros here:

The California Route 1 is like the highest trim of the standard models. The GT takes it up a notch. The GT is AWD-only and the Cali is RWD only.

Some basic differences

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts
You can always make a new thread as well. Intros here:

The California Route 1 is like the highest trim of the standard models. The GT takes it up a notch. The GT is AWD-only and the Cali is RWD only.

Some basic differences

View attachment 2610
The Premium with AWD/ER is in the middle of those two.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You´re as tall as me! 🤟
This is a video with Darren Palmer, Global Director of BEV. He is 6'6":

The Mach-E is presented in Hamburg, Germany, 150 miles away from my hometown. Unfortunately i don´t have the time to go there but another german forum member will be there and will measure the space(s) with a folding meterstick! (y)
Yeah i've watched that one and it looks really good, but if you're my size its that comfort of I've sat in it, and I know i'm comfortable feeling. My wife is super nervous about it too.

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts
Yeah i've watched that one and it looks really good, but if you're my size its that comfort of I've sat in it, and I know i'm comfortable feeling. My wife is super nervous about it too.
Unless you catch one at a special event, you will have to wait until dealers have their demo units around Thanksgiving time.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Not cool that they don’t have a test drive unit, but many of those are being built as we speak. I think they will have by end of Dec as the plant is already online. Most dealers will get 3 units. 1 test drive and 2 already in their system as a loaner. I would hang right till it gets there to test drive.

I read the specs on the dimensions and the interior is bigger than my 2016 Ford CMAX Energi. So if you can fit one of those (or an Escape which has the same interior dimensions) you should be good.

I want to test drive one to a) just because and b) see the size of the rims and tires and take pics for my aftermarket customs guy. It’s going straight from dealer to them then I’ll have it out and about.

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts
Not cool that they don’t have a test drive unit, but many of those are being built as we speak. I think they will have by end of Dec as the plant is already online. Most dealers will get 3 units. 1 test drive and 2 already in their system as a loaner. I would hang right till it gets there to test drive.

I read the specs on the dimensions and the interior is bigger than my 2016 Ford CMAX Energi. So if you can fit one of those (or an Escape which has the same interior dimensions) you should be good.

I want to test drive one to a) just because and b) see the size of the rims and tires and take pics for my aftermarket customs guy. It’s going straight from dealer to them then I’ll have it out and about.
Dealers were originally expecting demo units earlier. However, COVID.

Keep in mind, changing the wheel diameter and tire dimensions will reduce your mileage. EVs are very finicky about weight and friction.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dealers were originally expecting demo units earlier. However, COVID.

Keep in mind, changing the wheel diameter and tire dimensions will reduce your mileage. EVs are very finicky about weight and friction.
Oh I already know! I will be trying to get a nicer looking rim but lighter that takes the same size tire. That is why I can’t wait for the demo unit. I think with my reservation number I will be into beginning of next year for delivery. Give me time to work with my customize guy.

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts
Oh I already know! I will be trying to get a nicer looking rim but lighter that takes the same size tire. That is why I can’t wait for the demo unit. I think with my reservation number I will be into beginning of next year for delivery. Give me time to work with my customize guy.
Excellent. Feel free to start a new thread, or continue an existing one about custom rims.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,130 Posts

Where did you hear dealers will get three cars? The FCTP (demo) request to dealers only allowed for 1 per dealer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts