Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Love this pic too! Very moody.

ELECTRIC FORD MUSTANG MACH-E 1400 DOCUMENTARY SHOWCASES THE ENGINEERING, CHALLENGES, TEAMWORK AND UNIQUE FUN THAT FORD PERFORMANCE AND RTR VEHICLES CREATED

CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA, DECEMBER 7, 2020 —
Over the course of the last three years—as visionary Vaughn Gittin Jr. through a collabration with Ford Perfomance and his RTR Vehicles team conceptualized, pitched and eventually fulfilled his dream build—filmmakers captured and followed the RTR Vehicles and Ford Performance teams as they researched, assembled, tested, and unveiled the one-of-a-kind electric Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400 prototype to the world.

“I’ve followed the progress of electric vehicles for a few years now and I knew it was time for my RTR Vehicles’ team and I to develop something special with Ford,” said Vaughn Gittin Jr., RTR Vehicles founder, motorsport champion and Professional Fun-Haver. “With the game-changing Mustang Mach-E coming to market, I dreamed of a fun project that could be used to showcase the potential of electric vehicles to the masses. Fortunately, for us, Ford Performance had a similar vision and we teamed up to create an electric Swiss army knife in the form of the all-electric Mustang Mach-E 1400 and I think we’ve succeeded in a really fun and unique way!”

In a build that not only will prove out racing and road-going technologies, but also provide a test bed of various technologies and allow displaying of the very fun aspects of electric vehicles, the documentary explores and goes into detail the challenges and engineering hurdles this dream team experienced that were undertaken to build a specialized vehicle like no other in the history of both Ford and RTR Vehicles. The 1,400 horsepower Mach-E 1400, which started its life as a bare Mach-E chassis delivered from Ford and ended as one of the most successful collaborative builds in recent history with the performance to back it.

From developing 2,300-pounds of downforce with advanced aerodynamic engineering with Ford Performance, to a custom seven-motor powertrain and 56.8-kilowatt-hour battery with Drive eO, and an enhanced experiential sound experience with Harman HALOsonic featuring sound design by Grammy award winner T-Pain, the Mach-E 1400 is a testbed for future road-going technology, and most of all fun!

“It’s hard to imagine a better outcome than what we achieved with the Mustang Mach-E 1400,” said Vaughn Gittin Jr.. “When I initially dreamed it up, it was a longshot, and I knew it would be a journey. But with a positive mindset, incredible talent and drive from Ford Performance and the RTR Vehicles teams, what we’ve developed is something that I cannot wait for more people to experience and I am beyond ecstatic of the initial response to the project!”

1 - 1 of 1 Posts